Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Drew Brees

jsco1112

Why would you say that Larry?....makes no sense. You've seen Drew play? Would be great in D.C.

I guess we will agree to disagree.

The Brees I saw against us and the up and down season he had, I would rather have Brunell. One of my kids is a Charger fan and he complained more about Brees than I did about Mark.

sigh...the U haul thing again, huh?

I think so he has been somewhat of an disappointment granted he has not been giving a lot of opportunities of late. I like the kid really he has one hell of an arm but I think he's main problem is that he is too inconsistent. He would have one good game followed by a string of bad games..

I guess we will agree to disagree.

The Brees I saw against us and the up and down season he had, I would rather have Brunell. One of my kids is a Charger fan and he complained more about Brees than I did about Mark.

I guess we'll just leave it at that...we'll agree to disagree. I think Drew is a very talented Quarterback and would be great in Washington. I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of Brunell, never have been, he has never impressed me doing much of anything, he even looks old on the field, but...that's another topic. :logo:

I guess we'll just leave it at that...we'll agree to disagree. I think Drew is a very talented Quarterback and would be great in Washington. I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of Brunell, never have been, he has never impressed me doing much of anything, he even looks old on the field, but...that's another topic. :logo:

Is cool...it's all opinion anyway; Brees might have run Gibbs system all the way to the Superbowl. He can certainly play; just not my cup of tea.

Gates makes so many catches for him of what look to me like bad passes.

In any event, who knows? He could end up here.

Holy crap.

Brees is damn good, I can't believe anyone thinks differently.

He's got tons more upside than Brunell, who seems to break down physically.

I'm not saying get Brees. Brunell is here, we have a salary cap, he's more than just OK. The team has other needs. Stand pat at QB

But in a non salary cap world, I'll take Brees over Brunell in a heartbeat.

And his labrum will heal fine. Some team will be able to get him for much less, and SD will get screwed.

I think it is nuts to call the guy "injury prone" as was done on page 1. It is also nuts to say he isn't a darn good QB. What can be said is that his arm is a little soft (but so is Brunell's), and he is very undersized at the position (I think 6'). What is also fair to say is that there is no way in salary cap hell that we can afford this guy especially with 1 good QB, 1 potentially good QB, and one awesome prospect on our roster.

I don't think we need Brees or can afford him. What I find interesting about the whole thing is that the Chargers messed this up. They thought that they could make him a transition offer for about $2 million less. Imagine the jokes in the media if the Redskins were that inept.

Rumor has it the Cowboys and the Jets are seriously looking at Brees now that the Chargers offer has been declined by Brees agent. Brees should not command more than one or two year deal coming off this injury. The Redskins have more immediate concerns this offseason.

This seems like a foolish discussion. Look at all the money we have tied up in Brunell, and then we drafted JC to be our franchise QB, even though there is a great group of QB's coming into this draft, so how in world could we afford Bree's, but more importantly why??? He will want big bucks. He deserves big bucks. And he will get big bucks. Then there is that little problem with his shoulder of his thowing arm that needs to be rehabbed.

I would like to see brees on our team. Get rid of brunell and see what he can do. If he can't pull his weight, then we will jason campbell. I think that waiting for brunell to get the plug yanked isn't going to happen very easily so we may have to wait another season to really see him.

• 8 months later...
too bad so many people bashed the idea then and now we are dying to have a real QB.
I watched him against the steelers last night and almost cried. I would die to have someone like that leading our team. I just dont understand it. Its time to take of the boonell blinders and see what Campbell can do. :doh:

too bad so many people bashed the idea then and now we are dying to have a real QB.

yeah because the people bashing him here were the ones that made the decsion. :rolleyes:

not to mention, it was definite he was going to recover as well as he did from his injury.

Archived