Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lemar Marshall

GhostOfLamontHollinquest

Yeah, that comment was pretty pointless. :doh:

On another note, I think LM was great this year expecially for his size and to have been his first year starting in GW's system. I think he can play MLB with the best of them, yes even with Ray Ray. (Okay, maybe not that good :silly: ) But definitely in the top 5 of the league.

I would not be hurt if he is in the middle again. On the other hand, I will surely be upset if he is not in our STARTING lineup next year. :2cents:

top 5? hes the 4th best i nthe division

1.peirce

2.trotter

3.james

4.marshall

hes a solid player but nowhere near elite

Ray Lewis

Brian Urlacher

Andra Davis - highly underrated

Tedy Bruschi

Donnie Edwards

James Farrior

London Fletcher

Al Wilson

Dan Morgan

Mike Peterson

Shelton Quarles

Jonathon Vilma

Jeremiah Trotter

Odell Thurman

Lofa Tatupu

What is that 15 guys, so I'd say Marshall is about 16th in the league, but he's with some extremely talented players at one of the hardest positions in the game

bradie james

:applause:

I dunno. It's my memory that he made more of an impact last year, more big plays?

I think the guy is a solid starter but top 20? I don't think so.

Glad he's a Skin in an event.

He started while Arrington was out and i didnt really notice the "IMPACT" last year he had that you are talking about. It was Pierce who had the biggest impact besides Marcus and Co. This year Marshall led the team in INTS had 95 tackles (first on the team) and returned one INT for a TD. All after he had to switch positions. Now tell me he didnt have a big impact this year.

top 5? hes the 4th best i nthe division

1.peirce

2.trotter

3.james

4.marshall

hes a solid player but nowhere near elite

B.S.!

Let me find out that Bradie James had a bigger impact for the Cowboys, than Marshall did for us?

I mean i aint tryin to be a homer, but lets be real. Even my brother who's a Cowboys fan would say that Marshall had a better season.

1. Pierce

2. Trotter

3. Marshall

4. James

Thats the correct order.

If we lose Lavar (God I hope not), then move Lemar back to weakside and sign Derek Smith out of San Fran. He is smart and capable and would be as good as Pierce was in this defense if not better.

If Lavar stays, we should pick up Derek Smith out of San Fran. He is smart and capable and would be as good as Pierce was in this defense if not better.

B.S.!

Let me find out that Bradie James had a bigger impact for the Cowboys, than Marshall did for us?

I mean i aint tryin to be a homer, but lets be real. Even my brother who's a Cowboys fan would say that Marshall had a better season.

1. Pierce

2. Trotter

3. Marshall

4. James

Thats the correct order.

i can see both sides of the arguement....

IMO james is better at taking on blocks and stuffing the run. After not playing much his 1st 2 seasons he started this year and when dat nyguen went down early all the playcalling got put on his shouldars. He thrived under the pressure and was conistent all year long with a undersized NT and average MLBs beside him. IMO bradie james is a up and coming player.

The coaches hardly mentioned Lemar all year, and when they did, they would always bring up the fact that MLB is not the position he should be playing.

I'd be surprised to see him starting at MLB next year.

Personally I don't need to hear what the coaches have to say to form an opinion on Marshall.He is effective against the run from sideline to sideline and plays the pass very well.As matter of fact he is quite a bit better than A. Pierce defending the pass..He has nose for the ball and seems to come up with the big play. I really don't know how any more can be expected out of him.I would be shocked,barring injury if he doesn't start next year.

i can see both sides of the arguement....

IMO james is better at taking on blocks and stuffing the run. After not playing much his 1st 2 seasons he started this year and when dat nyguen went down early all the playcalling got put on his shouldars. He thrived under the pressure and was conistent all year long with a undersized NT and average MLBs beside him. IMO bradie james is a up and coming player.

Who is Bradie James???

Lemar Marshall is one of the players that I am most excited to see play next year. A whole year under his belt at MLB will be great for his development. I hope he stays for a long time and has a great career as a Redskin. Give credit to the coaches for letting Pierce go.

Lemar Marshall is one of the players that I am most excited to see play next year. A whole year under his belt at MLB will be great for his development. I hope he stays for a long time and has a great career as a Redskin. Give credit to the coaches for letting Pierce go.

long career as a redskin?

isnt he like 30?

I believe he's 29, his birthday was December 17th, 1976. I do think he has some good years left in him. He went largely unnoticed this year, but i believe he did just as good in the system as A.P. did last year. Led the team in tackles and interceptions. He was solid in both pass coverage and run coverage. I think he will be a fixture for a few more years until his production declines.

What about this:

Who would YOU prefer- Marshall or Pierce?

2004 Pierce (in DC)

16 games

112 Tkl

1 Sack

2 Int

1 Td

3 pass def

1 F.F.

2005 Marshall

16 games

98 Tkl

2 Sack

4 Int

1 TD

5 pass def

2 F.F.

And let's not forget winning a playoff game

I hated watching Pierce leave to NY. I thought that our D was gonna suffer and the world was coming to an end. But now that I've watched every game and now I sit back and look at the stats while also thinking what Pierce's cap hit probably would've been. I think I can live with Lemar ;)

Marshall's biggest asset is his versatility. He played well at OLB and played better than most expected at MLB this past season. He is similar to Carolina's Will Witherspoon.

Personally, I think his best position is WLB. But he is more than capable at MLB. Keep in mind that he played safety at Michigan St., so the LB position is relatively new.

Where he plays will come down to not him, but the other LBs. If Lavar stays, Marshall will play MLB. But if the front office decides to go with a bigger MLB, then Marshall will shift to WLB.

2004 Pierce (in DC)

16 games

112 Tkl

1 Sack

2 Int

1 Td

3 pass def

1 F.F.

2005 Marshall

16 games

98 Tkl

2 Sack

4 Int

1 TD

5 pass def

2 F.F.

And let's not forget winning a playoff game

I hated watching Pierce leave to NY. I thought that our D was gonna suffer and the world was coming to an end. But now that I've watched every game and now I sit back and look at the stats while also thinking what Pierce's cap hit probably would've been. I think I can live with Lemar ;)

Actually those stats for Marshall are incorrect. - From the Redskins website

2005: Marshall played and started all 16 regular season games, plus two playoff games. He led the defense with tackles with 132 (103 solo) and four interceptions. He also had two sacks and two forced fumbles

...up untill Pierce got hurt in NY, Marshall was still putting up better numbers than him.

I watched every single Gibbs and Williams press conference this year and don't recall one time hearing either say that Lemar was playing out of position, where are you getting that?

You are in huntington beach, CA what are you talking about? Gibbs has praised Marshall several times and there has been peices on him in the local media. Stop trying to pretend youve seen every coaches quote by going on Redskins.com are you kidding?

You can't say Marshall in inadequate because Pierce was better. You can say Pierce is in the top 5, but that doesn't mean we have to dump LM, does it?

Has anybody mentioned the fact that Marshall happens to be the smartest guy on the defense? And that he studies harder than anybody else? Does defense QB mean anything to anybody? He worked his way up in the trenches. He paid his dues. He's probably more core Redskin than anybody on the team.

If Marshall learned how to do cartwheels, he'd be ranked in the top ten in the league.

Archived