Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lemar Marshall

GhostOfLamontHollinquest

To me, Lemar Marshall was the most pleasant suprise this season (other than Santana, of course). Had 96 tackles and 2 sacks, as well as 4 ints, including a clutch one against Philly to clinch and one for a TD against Oakland. His tackle and interception totals led the team. He was also a personal favorite of mine to watch all season. Where do you guys think Marshall ranks amongst MLBs in the NFL?

He gets no love, its sick. I think hes awesome, esp after having to make the switch to MLB this yr. He's in my top three Redskins' LBs.

Saying that he's in your top three redskins lbs isnt saying much, actually, its not saying anything! He is one of our three starting linebackers.

Lemar's solid, I think its the system that makes these guys good.

Uh, I already explained my reasoning.

a) The coaches never bring him up when talking about players who are excelling (game balls, etc)

B) When the coaches are ASKED about him, they invariably note that he's not playing his natural position.

Obviously, nobody on the roster is going to start over him. I think we'll add someone who's a more natural fit than he is.

Saying that he's in your top three redskins lbs isnt saying much, actually, its not saying anything! He is one of our three starting linebackers.

Lemar's solid, I think its the system that makes these guys good.

Yeah, that comment was pretty pointless. :doh:

On another note, I think LM was great this year expecially for his size and to have been his first year starting in GW's system. I think he can play MLB with the best of them, yes even with Ray Ray. (Okay, maybe not that good :silly: ) But definitely in the top 5 of the league.

I would not be hurt if he is in the middle again. On the other hand, I will surely be upset if he is not in our STARTING lineup next year. :2cents:

I watched every single Gibbs and Williams press conference this year and don't recall one time hearing either say that Lemar was playing out of position, where are you getting that?

I was getting ready to ask the same question.

I don't remember anyone on the coaching staff EVER saying Marshall was playing out of his natural position.

To me, Lemar Marshall was the most pleasant suprise this season (other than Santana, of course). Had 96 tackles and 2 sacks, as well as 4 ints, including a clutch one against Philly to clinch and one for a TD against Oakland. His tackle and interception totals led the team. He was also a personal favorite of mine to watch all season. Where do you guys think Marshall ranks amongst MLBs in the NFL?

I dunno. It's my memory that he made more of an impact last year, more big plays?

I think the guy is a solid starter but top 20? I don't think so.

Glad he's a Skin in an event.

Joe Gibbs said it in a post-practice media session toward the end of the year that i watched on Redskins.com and Joe Bugel said the same in a News 4 at 5 interview, also toward the end of the year. They aren't defensive coaches, but I do believe they represent the overall opinion of the organization and I'lve never seen any comments from Gregg Williams to contradict them (Dale Lindsey doesn't typically speak with the media).

I have nothing against Marshall. I just think that with the whole Pierce situation, many around here make him out to be more than he is. To put it in perspective, Pierce was high atop a lot of Redskins fans pro bowl wish list last year. The same could not have been said of Lemar this year, as our defensive ranking slid.

You might say that he has a year of experience under his belt, giving him the edge on retaining his job. But you fail to see the other side of the coin. Opposing teams have a year's worth of film on him to dissect. I think that tends to outweigh the experience when you're talking about a natural weakside backer playing MLB.

Ray Lewis

Brian Urlacher

Andra Davis - highly underrated

Tedy Bruschi

Donnie Edwards

James Farrior

London Fletcher

Al Wilson

Dan Morgan

Mike Peterson

Shelton Quarles

Jonathon Vilma

Jeremiah Trotter

Odell Thurman

Lofa Tatupu

What is that 15 guys, so I'd say Marshall is about 16th in the league, but he's with some extremely talented players at one of the hardest positions in the game

Anyone who doesn't think he should be our starting mlb next year is nuts. Who else then? Are you trying to say we bring in a new guy and have him learn the system? YOU DONT BENCH A GUY WHO LED YOUR TEAM IN TACKLES AND INTERCEPTIONS!!! Some of you guys want a freakin pro-bowler at every position, when wil you realize that we have a very good player(not sayin great) for a CHEAP price. We could have spent the big bucks on Pierce, then we wouldn't have room for other needs you guys are crying about. Same can be said for Ryan Clark, a solid player who is VERY cheap

Anyone who doesn't think he should be our starting mlb next year is nuts. Who else then? Are you trying to say we bring in a new guy and have him learn the system? YOU DONT BENCH A GUY WHO LED YOUR TEAM IN TACKLES AND INTERCEPTIONS!!! Some of you guys want a freakin pro-bowler at every position, when wil you realize that we have a very good player(not sayin great) for a CHEAP price. We could have spent the big bucks on Pierce, then we wouldn't have room for other needs you guys are crying about. Same can be said for Ryan Clark, a solid player who is VERY cheap

:applause:

Don't worry, they'll be starting Marshall. Unless Brian Urlacher wants to play for free or something.

Archived