Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lemar Marshall

GhostOfLamontHollinquest

You are in huntington beach, CA what are you talking about? Gibbs has praised Marshall several times and there has been peices on him in the local media. Stop trying to pretend youve seen every coaches quote by going on Redskins.com are you kidding?

how can you put down this dude cause hes from Cali.....

in my opinion Lemar Marshall trounces Lavar, easily

Personally, I like that he is underrated. Kind of fits with our whole team mantra. I think it's hillarious when we go down to Dallas and beat the Cowboys on Monday Night Football, and the announcers are looking shocked and practically saying, "how did THAT happen?!!"

As for Marshall, I thought he started slow, but got better and better as the year went on. I am looking forward to seeing him with another year under his belt.

I've said it before and I will say it again: Marshall is going back to the weakside OLB when the door hits Arrington on his behind next month. I’m glad he played well and was productive in the middle this season – I just don’t think it’s his natural position. He’s very athletic, fluid, and natural in coverage but he doesn’t take on blocks very well. No matter what system you play in, the MLB needs to be able to take on and shed blocks better than Marshall. I don’t think we can be a top, top run D (like in 2004) with him at the Mike. Pierce was and is the better all-around performer and leader in the middle. It doesn’t pain me to admit that. We can’t afford to have studs at EVERY position in the era of free agency, can we? :)

Marshall showed us his versatility the past 2 years and you can’t put a price on that. Should his replacement not work out next season we can flip things back to the way they were in 05 and be confident that (at worst) we will be solid if unspectacular in the middle of the defense. But Greg Williams doesn’t usual settle for solid on his side of the ball. I think we can get back to being suffocating and one of the steps will be moving Marshall back where he belongs.

im gonna stick with what i have said since the day we lost againsed seattle in the playoffs.

Lavar is gone (thank god) Lemar Marshall should go to outside LB where he is a little more comfortable and Robert McCune should come in as a middle linebacker. McCune is no stranger to the leadership role. beside McCune is like 28 or something, we gotta get him in there soon.

Every one of his 4 interceptions were HUGE. He helped seal the Chicago game for us. He scored the only TD against Oakland for us. He helped reverse momentum against the Giants when they were in our territory --- leading to the Portis TD throw to Cooley --- and he batted the ball to himself in Philly --- leading to the Portis 20 yard TD run that sealed the game.

He had a great season and if we just had steadier play from the Weakside position earlier in the year, our defensive numbers wouldn't have slid so much.

Ray Lewis

Brian Urlacher

Andra Davis - highly underrated

Tedy Bruschi

Donnie Edwards

James Farrior

London Fletcher

Al Wilson

Dan Morgan

Mike Peterson

Shelton Quarles

Jonathon Vilma

Jeremiah Trotter

Odell Thurman

Lofa Tatupu

What is that 15 guys, so I'd say Marshall is about 16th in the league, but he's with some extremely talented players at one of the hardest positions in the game

Zach Thomas.

I would put him in the top 18. We dont need him to be a top 10 MLB. We need him to be himself and thats what he did this year. He was HUGE for us! Just look at his stats compared to Pierce and ask yourself if it was worth letting Pierce walk.

Archived