Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free Agent WR's Ranked

Dana87

no randle el or curtis...thanks but no thanks...WILL EVERYONE TAKE ONE GIANT STEP OFF OF RANDLE EL'S CROTCH, I MEAN EVEN IF ITS JUST LONG ENOUGH TO CATCH YOUR BREATH. get of his nutz, he isnt that good. And isnt worth all the cash that he is going to demand.[/quote

:helmet:

oh yea what he said ! big time Hail

nobody's talking about Antonio Bryant. He is young, big, and fast. He also put up over 1000 yards with Cleveland's offense. We should also be able to get him at a cheaper price than a lot of those other guys.

Right. We have to look at how much production for how few dollars! He (Antonio Bryant) would be a great addition. I still want to see what Ron Johnson will do when he is given a chance in a capable offense (not the Bears, not the Ravens).

While we are talking dollars and sense, if you want a Randle El type -- speedy, WR, dangerous PR, and former-QB option, we have a much better chance of landing Peter Warrick, WR, Seattle at a reasonable price. He is the kind of player many talk about on this board...he's a guy that needs a chance to showcase what he can do. He played at Cincinnati for 5 years before going to Seattle last year. Most importantly, he is a MUCH BETTER receiver than Randle El.

I wouldn't say Warrick is THE answer, but he would be a great addition because he can make an immediate impact as a PR and then be given a chance to do his thing at WR.

Still the thought about Antonio Bryant is spot on! Seattle would be crazy to let Joe J. leave...he is their one constant performer at WR. Koren Robinson runs too hot and cold. Randle El is not the WR many think he is, especially for the price. St. Louis will probably not let Curtis go. I would not cry if we got Givens, he's a gamer.

Still give me Bryant and Warrick if both are possible.

no randle el or curtis...thanks but no thanks...WILL EVERYONE TAKE ONE GIANT STEP OFF OF RANDLE EL'S CROTCH, I MEAN EVEN IF ITS JUST LONG ENOUGH TO CATCH YOUR BREATH. get of his nutz, he isnt that good. And isnt worth all the cash that he is going to demand.

AGREED!

And Curtis' numbers arent impressive for the simple fact that, yes, hes playing opposite Torry Holt AND Isaac Bruce. What can a defense do when they have to commit so many DB's to them? Curtis gets bigtime mismatches. He may have a lot of catches for a #3, but when youve got a Mike Martz "whats the run?" offense, thats going to happen.

Skip Raandle El and Curtis....fire up Redskins One and lets lure Lloyd or Bryant out of their negotiations and get this thing going!!!

Size WOULD at least help down in the redzone. It'd be another option to go to, as well as help get the FB and TE open a little bit more with a little extra attention going to the taller receiver. But, I guess we'll see how things play out, huh? Go Skins!

when is the last time we had a receiver who could consistently runthe fade route? that should tell us something

In 2003 I would have drafted Brandon Lloyd over Taylor Jacobs or Derrick Dockery (Kevin Curtis was available too). But we had to passify Spurrier (oh well). Not a Taylor Jacobs fan, kills me to watch absolutely nothing come of him 3 years later.

a lot of other scouts missed the boat on jacobs as well. he was ranked as a possiblwe first rounder by most services.

Randle-El is another Rod Gardner, he only caught 50% of the passes thrown to him this year (Gardner could throw passes, too). Jurevicious caught 65% of his passes, and scored 10 TDs besides. Givens is good, but we can forget Randle-El and Givens, they will be too expensive, and Curtis won't be available since he is an RFA. Robinson is a risk because of his previous booze addiction problems (relapses happen). Jurevicius is the man if we can pry him away from Seattle.

jurevicius is 31.. why not go after moulds who has been a number 1 receiver, if he becomes available? he is a young 32 and has something to prove

I'm in the mindset that we don't need to go after a top tier FA. Here is a nice list from scouts.com

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=9&c=12&yr=2006&nid=83&lnid=83&rc=16&pid=16

I'd like to go for Jurevicius 1st. Another guy that I wouldn't mind them checking out is Randy Hymes from Baltimore, he is 6'3" - 211lbs. I haven't seen much of him and it doesn't help that Baltimores QB sux.

Marc Boerigter is another guy that's 6'3 and already knows KC's playbook.

I'll be happy if they can just add some size, somebody over 6 feet.

hymes might be an excellent pickup. he has great size but has not put it together yet.. he would be cheaper than many of the others.

but is he another mccants or derrius thompson?

Koren Robinson is a much better choice than David Givens, Koren Robinson has changed his life. I graduated from NC State and I am friends with a lot of guys that are good friends with him, and they say he is determined to stay focused and he has changed his life. GO SKINS

Hymes had his moments when I watched a couple of Raven games. Yeah Koren Robinson did point out on Comcast while seated with Springs that we need a number 2 to compliment Moss and that he just might be that guy.

Thrash can be our possesion receiver and special teams guy after we say bye bye to Jacobs.

A Moss, Patten, Robinson 3 WR set with cooley and portis as a receiving threat would be great.

nobody's talking about Antonio Bryant. He is young, big, and fast. He also put up over 1000 yards with Cleveland's offense. We should also be able to get him at a cheaper price than a lot of those other guys.

WOOOOOOOOOOO! finally some one brought him up! I think he has the talent to be a legit number one. I know he had some problems in Little D, so I dont know if gibbs would want that type of guy on this team. I think he would be a fantastic fit here in dc. Plus he would love the idea of playing the cowboys twice a year to show them when they are missing out on. ANTONIO BRYANT FOR THE REDSKINS NUMBER TWO WR!!!

even though you say that Jurevicius is old i believe he would be the best of choices. however seattle isnt going to want to loose him and we would have to pay top dollar. even though he is my first pick for our number two guy i dont see it happening. but if we got him! OH BABY! talk about a well oiled machine

I'm with you, man. Seattle's got a lot of people to resign to big contracts this offseason, though so I don't know if we'll have to pay that much to get him. Did you see him in the SB, though?!? That man catches any ball that gets near him. He's exactly what we need.

My vote wuld be for Givens, but at the right price. If his price isn;t too high i think it would be great to have him in our offense with Moss and Patten. Givens and Patten already know each other failry well as far as strengths and weaknesses go, and the post-season experiecnce factor would be huge. he is a Gibb's kind of guy (of course this is only my perception)

My next choice would be Koren Robinson, he looks like he gained some size last year, and had a great comeback year. With his price being relatively affordable, i think he would be the next best option.

The other guys are going to be slightly too expensive for what we get in return. Givens and Robinson would have a more immeidate impact in our offense IMO.

he is not without risk but is the most complete receiver out there. he also is a returner. and he seems to want to be in washington..

others have turned their careers around.. chris carter, irving fryer.. he has talent for certain

My thoughts exactly. Washington and Coach Gibbs could very well be just what Robinson needs. It has never been said he is a bad guy, selfish or otherwise. If he buys into the Redskins Culture with the great role models and leaders we have on this team, I am willing to bet that he will realize his potential and could very well help lead us to multiple playoff appearances.

:cheers:

My first choice would be a restricted free agent, 49er's Brandon lloyd, who was a 4th round pick. All we need to do is out bid San Fran, and if that happens, we'd owe them a 4th round pick.

If not, I'd go with Koren Robinson, who stated that he wants to be a Redskin.

If not, go with David Givens, or Joe Jurevicius if we can't get Givens.

I don't care for Randle El or Curtis

these are my favorite combos

Robinson & Boston

Robinson & Jurevicius

Moulds & Robinson

Jurevicius & Bryant

Jurevicius & Boston

I think Robinson is a key guy, he is interested in the skins, and is the return man we are lookin for desperately. Jurevicius is my favorite out of any of them just because of his amazing hands and size. My reach pick would be Boston. I know he is a real risk because of the steroids and all but he was amazing when he first started his career and fell off. But just like most players a change of team does a lot of people good.....*cough* Santana *cough*.......he has the potential to be great again. We can bring him in for camp and see how he is does.

Archived