Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free Agent WR's Ranked

Dana87

Freddie Mitchell is only a legend in his own mind. The guy was a bust for the Eagles and will never be more than a 3rd or 4th WR in the league if he does get another job.

As for who we will pick up, figure the team will carry 5 WRs with 3 already set in Moss, Patten, and Thrash. Brown may make it as the 5th guy if he can do well with his kick returns. Jacobs will have to impress to stay. I would expect us to go on the cheaper side and try to find a younger player.

JJ is staying in Seattle and we won't pay for Wayne or Randle El. Moulds is in the same position cap-wise as Lavar, his contract will be re-worked and he will remain a Bill. That leaves guys like Robinson and Bryant. I'm ok with either one of them and would like to see the team draft a WR if there is a decent one available when we pick in the 3rd or later rounds.

This has pretty much been covered ad nauseam.

Curtis is a restricted free agent and I don't think StL will let him leave with Bruce about to exit...

Also, everyone says the Skins need size. But if you look at the Chiefs (where the brand new offensive coordinator coached last year) none of their receivers had "size." Also the Rams have a pretty successful offense without a "big" receiver.

The need for a big possession receiver is a myth if you have guys that can get open and catch the ball...or you have guys that work in a system that highlights their attributes...

Further, we already have a 'possesion' receiver on the offense, we need a guy who can force inside coverage on him leaving Cooley to beat the LBs, which he will.

My first choice would be a restricted free agent, 49er's Brandon lloyd, who was a 4th round pick. All we need to do is out bid San Fran, and if that happens, we'd owe them a 4th round pick.

If not, I'd go with Koren Robinson, who stated that he wants to be a Redskin.

If not, go with David Givens, or Joe Jurevicius if we can't get Givens.

I don't care for Randle El or Curtis

i think san fran will likely match on lloyd. although they do have a lot of free agents to worry about

What we need is a WR that doesn't mind playing 2nd fiddle to Santana, can take advantage of the fact that teams are going to be double teaming Santana, and oh yeah, can catch too,

None of this 50/50 hands, we need someone who can catch the ball almost every single time the ball is thrown his way.

There have been offenses that have worked effectively without a large bodied receiver, but you have to admit, having a big target will make it a whole lot easier on Brunell or Campbell.

But Randel El drops too many passes for my taste. Patten dropped a lot of balls as well, and now he's going to be our #3.

I want either Joe Jurevicious or Robinson. Robinson is young, talented, has experience as a #1 receiver and has stated that he would like to become a redskin. Joe is older, still has a ton of talent, and plays with a lot of heart plus he's a big target for our QB..

I Want Randle El So Bad...hes The Man! :cheers:

no hes not the man. Hines Ward is the man, Santan Moss is the man. Randle El is a a decent player who is looking to get PAID$$$$. NO THANK YOU. He's soft, i heard that he always brought kool-aid to gin parties. :koolaid: Its offical i hate Randle El. :tantrum:

AGREED!

And Curtis' numbers arent impressive for the simple fact that, yes, hes playing opposite Torry Holt AND Isaac Bruce. What can a defense do when they have to commit so many DB's to them? Curtis gets bigtime mismatches. He may have a lot of catches for a #3, but when youve got a Mike Martz "whats the run?" offense, thats going to happen.

Skip Raandle El and Curtis....fire up Redskins One and lets lure Lloyd or Bryant out of their negotiations and get this thing going!!!

curtis's numbers arnt that impresive?

curtis had 800 yards recieving this year and even started a the whole month of october when bruce was hurt and was even the #1 when holt was hurt and as the #1 in STL he even had 3 rec 105 game against the jags

JJ... I know he's getting older, but he's solid and has the size and toughness Moss lacks. I'd be happy to have him, even though it's unlikely. On that note I know there are better picks out there, I just rather like the guy.

I don't know about Randel El. He's alright and I certainly wouldn't complain, but I don't think he's the #1 best thing we could get in this case.

I'm very interested in seeing what happens.

Archived