Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Surf's up!

Sarge

Good gawd man! Is this for real? Look how placid the water is except for that gigantic wave. And what is that white, frightening-looking thing in the wave? :paranoid: :paranoid: :paranoid:

LB_Teahupoo.jpg

wow... that's pure glass that he surfing on. amazing conditions unless that barrel closes on you. ouch.

Good gawd man! Is this for real? Look how placid the water is except for that gigantic wave. And what is that white, frightening-looking thing in the wave? :paranoid: :paranoid: :paranoid:

LB_Teahupoo.jpg

Laird is the elite Waterman of this era. Teahupoo's wave is a monster. The reef is inches away in spots. Very dangerous.

For big wave surfers this is the ULTIMATE. Most big wave surfers will tell you "This is the Ultimate Wave to conquer." Laird pictured here, is also riding this wave on his backside. Not alot of people can ride this wave on their backside.

You have to get here around Nov-Apr, that's when the big swells get here

Some nut case rode a 60 footer last year on Maui. These were 20 or so

Hey Sarge. Thanks for the killer pics.:applause:

I was watching the live webcast from Pipe yesterday. Monster sponsored event.

Rob Machado scored a perfect 10 in the finals. I was watching it on the web.

That was an outstanding ride and barrel. he was sooo deep, then emerged out of the spit. I couldn't believe it. It was awsome.

And when i get some pictures of me surfing I'll post em for all to see. Three to eight feet waves in all their glory.LOL!!!!!

Thats just the meanest nastiest wave in the world. Look at it in comparison to the others and you will see the difference... thickness. There is more water on top of that wave than anywhere else in the world... Its a killer. Its so thick it makes me cringe when I look at this pic. :doh:

Is that pipeline?

Jamie those are cool pics I saw them when you posted them origianlly. I saw the south shore get big once when I was out at diamondhead. It got really big ne day and took me forever before I could paddle in. When I finally did I ended up on that nude beach (south side) amongst all the strippers, hookers, whatever. :laugh:

Nude beach? :paranoid: Tell me the exact location so that I can be sure we are talking about the same nude beach....:paranoid: :laugh:

Seriously though, I'm still "new" to Oahu, and I had no idea about any nude beaches. :)

I was watching the live webcast from Pipe yesterday. Monster sponsored event.

Rob Machado scored a perfect 10 in the finals. I was watching it on the web.

That was an outstanding ride and barrel. he was sooo deep, then emerged out of the spit. I couldn't believe it. It was awsome.

Damnit...I missed another event?!?!? My buddy was supposed to tell me about upcoming events...I've yet to see the big swell on the North shore...:doh: One of the most amazing sights to see on Oahu, and I've yet to see it! :mad:

Oh well...it'll be around until April or so...just gotta catch it before it gets too small...

I believe its at the lighthouse beach at Diamondhead Jamie... You should probably check to see if you're homophobic in that other thread before you go there though :whoknows:

Happy Hunting! :thumbsup:

Oh yeah and that wave were referring to is teahupoo pronounced CHOE POO and its in Tahiti. Pipeline is pretty gnarly but nowhere near what that wave can do.

Is that pipeline?

Nude beach? :paranoid: Tell me the exact location so that I can be sure we are talking about the same nude beach....:paranoid: :laugh:

Seriously though, I'm still "new" to Oahu, and I had no idea about any nude beaches. :)

Damnit...I missed another event?!?!? My buddy was supposed to tell me about upcoming events...I've yet to see the big swell on the North shore...:doh: One of the most amazing sights to see on Oahu, and I've yet to see it! :mad:

Oh well...it'll be around until April or so...just gotta catch it before it gets too small...

Go down to the far east end of Waikiki right before you get to the zoo

Damn thats cool.

Hey I wonderring, since you live in Hawaii, do you ever feel confined? You can drive around the entire island in an afternoon or less. Does it get claustrophobic.

For me, I need to know that I can get out of here if i need.

You?

Damn thats cool.

Hey I wonderring, since you live in Hawaii, do you ever feel confined? You can drive around the entire island in an afternoon or less. Does it get claustrophobic.

It does a bit, especially after three years. But I was warned by a friend here about that, and I purposely didn't go out and do everything right off the bat. But yeah, it's getting a little confined now, and it's time to go

It does a bit, especially after three years. But I was warned by a friend here about that, and I purposely didn't go out and do everything right off the bat. But yeah, it's getting a little confined now, and it's time to go

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Yeah, it makes sense, after three years, it would get played out.

So your moving back to the continental united states?

Damn thats cool.

For me, I need to know that I can get out of here if i need.

You?

Yeah...its a little confining, especially at first (I'm going through that right now). Luckily, I was warned by Sarge about that :) and haven't gone to see everything at once. I think subconciously that's why I haven't gone to see the big waves this winter...maybe I'll wait until next winter so I have something to look forward too!!

The one good thing I'll say is that there is a fresh influx of georgeous female tourists all the time...and if you're into that kind of thing (I'm not really, but I ain't gonna turn it down, either) there is a lot of no-strings-attached "encounters" to be had. :)

Oahu got real small for me after 3 years. I couldn't wait to get off the island. I think I put a grand total of 6,000 miles on my vehicle in 3 years of living there. Of course most of that was at like 20mph trying to wade thru the traffic on H-1.

Oahu got real small for me after 3 years. I couldn't wait to get off the island. I think I put a grand total of 6,000 miles on my vehicle in 3 years of living there. Of course most of that was at like 20mph trying to wade thru the traffic on H-1.

Oh man...I'm so glad I don't drive. I get so frustrated in traffic, something Oahu has plenty of. Effing tourists....:mad: :laugh:

All three of my trips to the North Shore were in summer/fall :doh::doh::doh:.

The ocean was like a lake with big Rocks sticking out of it. I'm gona plan my next trip around a surf competition. Great pics Sarge:cheers:

Yeah, but that's nice too! Waimea Bay is maybe the most beautiful beach I've ever been too (in the summer).

Archived