Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL says Super Bowl 'properly officiated'

TahoeSkin

That was THEE worst officiated big game I have ever witnessed.

The ref's were too much a part of that game.

Pitt got every close call except 1.

And when reviewed, Seattle deserved it.

I don't like blaming refs, but.......

the outcome of that game was pre-determined.

All that was missing was Vince McMahon to come out and grab the microphone!

This is the reason why the referring keeps getting worse every year. Because the NFL can't own up to their mistakes. Maybe if they finally started to admit that the referring was atrocious over the last few years and gets worse every year, we would get something accomplished.

Until they admit their is a problem the problem will only get worse.

Seattle Penalties (including gains nullified on penalized plays) = 161 yards

Pittsburgh Penalties (including the same) = 25 yards

Oh yeah, it was fairly officiated. They always call holding and offensive pass interference in big games.

Over 70% of America and beyond thinks the refs affected the outcome of the game. 48 of 50 states feel that way according to the ESPN poll of 100,000+. Only West VA and PA begged to differ (big surprise).

I'm from WV and I was a Pittsburgh supporter going into the game (second only to the Redskins). However, after that game, my feeling is that Karma has paid the Steelers over tenfold. I won't be rooting for Pittsburgh for a while, although I will be pulling for the Seahawks when they are not playing the Skins.

Seattle Penalties (including gains nullified on penalized plays) = 161 yards

Pittsburgh Penalties (including the same) = 25 yards

Oh yeah, it was fairly officiated. They always call holding and offensive pass interference in big games.

Over 70% of America and beyond thinks the refs affected the outcome of the game. 48 of 50 states feel that way according to the ESPN poll of 100,000+. Only West VA and PA begged to differ (big surprise).

Next year the Redskins will take the field once again, and this remarkable display of "just fine" SB officiating that so many unbiased people here saw will vanish into the mists of history and be replaced by their regular visions of horribly incompetent and conspiratorial officiating that is our eternal and unjust burden.

Someone answer me about the ineligible man downfield on the Roethelisberger 3rd and 28 pass!

You guys take 5 seconds to answer questions on the marginally subjective but correct calls, but no one has responsed about #78 being illegally downfield....

You're right about illegal man downfield, the refs missed it.

Yes, the game is over, but what should be done moving forward? The NFL really needs to hire its officials full time, and then devote some resources into training them year-round. That will go a long way toward eliminating many of these questionable calls and non-calls that have directly impacted many teams' records and playoff chances.

But before they can do that, the NFL has to drop its see-no-evil approach to its officials' performances.

"Next year the Redskins will take the field once again, and this remarkable display of "just fine" SB officiating that so many unbiased people here saw will vanish into the mists of history and be replaced by their regular visions of horribly incompetent and conspiratorial officiating that is our eternal and unjust burden."

ding. ding. ding.

Archived