Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roethlisberger shaves beard and gets paid?

ItaliaMuscle

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2320802

This isn't a question just me posting a big "Huh?" Why in the name of the football god's would someone use this kinda stunt? Roethlisberger just made history! 23years old and a superbowl ring! He did what Marino would have killed for! But now after cementing his name in football history he follows up on Letterman getting paid to shave his beard... If Brunell, Ramsey, Campbell had pulled this i would would be embarrased! sorry... but i just dont like these kinda theatrics. I mean get a contract with Nike or something!

He said on PTI last week he was going to shave the beard anyway since he was tired of it and the season is over. Might as well make some money off of it, hell I wish I was payed to shave too. And it's on Letterman, it'll be with some kind of jokey atmosphere about it all anyway, so it's all in fun.

They said he was going to give it to charity. So nothing to be embarassed about. I wish I could get paid to shave.....then I might do it more often.

What's your problem. This is a Brilliant PR move.

He should be ashamed of the way he played in the Super Bowl not of getting paid an endorsement contract to introduce Gillette's new Quintuple bladed razor.

Which begs the question, I wonder how they will fit 10 blades on a razor? Seriously, one day it will take one stroke and your whole face will be done...

Archived