Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**RUMOR**Redskins petition NFL for new (black)alternate jersey in '06?

Tastes Like Chicken

I don't think the Redskins would be permitted to wear black. Its my understanding that a team can only use or wear their "team colors", which would be either burgundy, gold or white. Teams have to get permission from the league office to change their uniforms.

Otherwise, teams could start wearing any color they so pleased. :whoknows:

The black jerseys are cool and trendy but am I the only one who doesn't mind not looking like everyone else? :doh: Especially the Cowgirls and the Eagirls because they have had black jerseys for some time now. Perhaps, we can have an alternate jersey with a new design but still burgandy and gold.

I dont have a source other than a friend who heard it on 980. When the Broncos modified their uni's they won the SB that year. I think the Rams did too.

At the risk of sounding cynical, what is your point??? The Steelers have had the exact same uniform since Madonna and Cher were virgins and they just won the Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

Edit: Sorry, I was wrong. I was thinking of Detroit.

I heard this rumor yesterday, anyone know if it's true? If so, would it be just for one game (like a Sunday night or Monday night, or even the Thanksgiving game vs. Dallas)? I'm trying to picture it and I'm not sure if I'll like it but it sounds kind of cool.

Yeah...it would be so cool to look like the Raiders... :laugh:

I hope we'll have some really compelling nationally televised games this year at FedEx. The atmosphere at last year's Sunday night game vs. the Eagles was great, almost as good as the Dallas game. Hopefully our success in '05 will translate to more national exposure in '06. I've never been to a Monday night game so that atmosphere, with a slightly different look for our team could be outstanding!

Archived