Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**RUMOR**Redskins petition NFL for new (black)alternate jersey in '06?

Tastes Like Chicken

i posted this last week. they want to play 1 game in black. no name change necessary. sometimes change (for 1 game) cant hurt. how many Black jersey's do you think they would sell.......MILLIONS! why not.....

So then wed be the Washington Blackskins? We must be one of the most racist franchises ever:doh: ;)

Redskins....what do you think that means????? Although im not on the change name commitee, if a Native American is offened by it, i can understand.

I don't care what jersey they wear. I'll root for them anyway. If Snyder wants a couple of bucks off jersey sales that fine with me. Perhaps a preseason game would work. That way its not a REAL game, but they can still sell the merchandise. As for colors and schemes, I'll leave that up to someone with better fashion sense than I have!

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold
I dont have a source other than a friend who heard it on 980. When the Broncos modified their uni's they won the SB that year. I think the Rams did too.

definitly wrong, the rams won with the old ones.

Technically if they find black in any part of their current uniform they could use it in a new uniform. The buccaneers did it with the new uniforms they currently wear. If you remember the bucs wore orange uniforms anf found pewter on buccaneer bruces hat and used it to create their new uniforms.

I am not saying I am against it or for it but Black jerseys are "IN" right now remeber the Shadow jerseys, I own one and I wear my Black Skins fitted with my black and white "J's" (That is slang for Jordans). So I do not care what color our jersey will be I will find a way to rock (rock = slang for wear) it.

Technically if they find black in any part of their current uniform they could use it in a new uniform. The buccaneers did it with the new uniforms they currently wear. If you remember the bucs wore orange uniforms anf found pewter on buccaneer bruces hat and used it to create their new uniforms.

this isn't true... you don't need to have the jersey color already in your color scheme in order to have it in the new uni... bills didn't have gray and navy in their old unis, lions had no black in their unis before they "updated" their look, broncos didn't have navy, etc..

The idea alone is kind of stupid since we've seen the "black" alternate jersey for many teams (including teams like Philly and Detroit who have no black in their team unis)....it worked for a team like the Ravens being that they have black helmets, they are the Ravens (a black bird-- not purple like the team colors). The Giants were bold and went Red instead of black.

I for one don't see it happening for the following reasons (if the "rumor" is true):

1. We already have an alternate jersey (dark maroon/burgundy/spear) and I believe that jersey is our official "alternate" jersey for the next few years to come (licensing reasons by the NFL/Reebok etc......).

2. Joe Gibbs always likes wearing the white jerseys (see current and 1st tenures).

3. We never wear the "home" jerseys (red- I know technically "burgundy", but they look red to me) unless the home team wants to wear their whites in a game (see 2005 reg. season tampa game).

4. THe team is sold on white on whites (yeah, the streak broke in Seattle, but do you think the Skins go back if they feel the W/W unis are good luck and help them win. Plus, CP gets to wear his red socks and he likes that 'cause it makes him feel like he can go faster).

Dallas and Washington and a few other teams (Green Bay, Miami) should NEVER have black game jerseys.....it would just look wrong.

I didn't like the Raiders (aka Black and White collection) jerseys for OUR team and hope that we stay away from that.

I heard this rumor yesterday, anyone know if it's true? If so, would it be just for one game (like a Sunday night or Monday night, or even the Thanksgiving game vs. Dallas)? I'm trying to picture it and I'm not sure if I'll like it but it sounds kind of cool.

Black is ALWAYS alright with me! ESPECIALLY in '06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the risk of sounding cynical, what is your point??? The Steelers have had the exact same uniform since Madonna and Cher were virgins and they just won the Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

Edit: Sorry, I was wrong. I was thinking of Detroit.

Madonna and Cher were vigins?

:helmet: That would be absolutely horrible... i own only one black redskin article of clothing and i wear that sparingly! Burgundy and Gold are the colors that fans associate with. i do because it's unique and that's one thing that i love about our team.... u can pick a skin fan a mile away! loud and proud

:helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo:

The idea alone is kind of stupid since we've seen the "black" alternate jersey for many teams (including teams like Philly and Detroit who have no black in their team unis)....it worked for a team like the Ravens being that they have black helmets, they are the Ravens (a black bird-- not purple like the team colors). The Giants were bold and went Red instead of black.

I for one don't see it happening for the following reasons (if the "rumor" is true):

1. We already have an alternate jersey (dark maroon/burgundy/spear) and I believe that jersey is our official "alternate" jersey for the next few years to come (licensing reasons by the NFL/Reebok etc......).

2. Joe Gibbs always likes wearing the white jerseys (see current and 1st tenures).

3. We never wear the "home" jerseys (red- I know technically "burgundy", but they look red to me) unless the home team wants to wear their whites in a game (see 2005 reg. season tampa game).

4. THe team is sold on white on whites (yeah, the streak broke in Seattle, but do you think the Skins go back if they feel the W/W unis are good luck and help them win. Plus, CP gets to wear his red socks and he likes that 'cause it makes him feel like he can go faster).

Dallas and Washington and a few other teams (Green Bay, Miami) should NEVER have black game jerseys.....it would just look wrong.

I didn't like the Raiders (aka Black and White collection) jerseys for OUR team and hope that we stay away from that.

Didnt we switch from Burgandy and gold during Gibbs first term to Burgandy and white?

Archived