Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**RUMOR**Redskins petition NFL for new (black)alternate jersey in '06?

Tastes Like Chicken

If they do come out with black watch every single person on this thread back track and say how good they look or whatever.:laugh: Maybe the players are lobbying for it, you never know. Give it a chance first because im willing to bet any amount of money that if we come out in them and then actually win... there will be alot of crow eating going on.

I was wondering when Dan Snyder would do this.

If true, this has nothing to do with how the team looks on the field.

It's all about the merchandising. It is well known that black jerseys are the best selling color jerseys. Raider jerseys are regularly among the top selling, even in years when they stink. When the Falcons switched to black, their jersey sales went through the roof. Now Snyder can't sell black jerseys as "official" unless the team wears them on the field. That's the reason for the one game proposal.

Maybe this is just a coincidence but, I noticed last season in the store at FedEx Field that many of the articles of clothing have incorporated a lot of black. I bought my son a coat (he's 2) and it's burgundy, black, and gold. It actually looks very nice. At the first cold home game, I bought some Redskins gloves at the souvenir stand and they're burgundy, black, gold and white. They also look sweet. Maybe they're not changing things too much, just adding black to update the look a little. I don't mind as long as we're winning!

Unrelated question- how long before we see #17 Campbell authentic jerseys?

i think it's a great idea...

before these past two years, the redskins did not intimidate anyone since the very early 90's. well, now it's different. our defense is straight up NASTY. hitting people VERY hard, stingy on third downs, and spitting on peoples faces.(literally and not literal at the same time ;) ) So, why not the black jerseys? It would make our defense look very mean. Have you seen the Ravens when they wear their black? The Eagles? The Jags? Every time they wear it, it's for a primetime game. And every team that does wear it make's it look very dangerous to the other team, in my opinion.

no black jersey will look right without changing the helmet AND the pants. you would have to add a lot of black to both, making the B&G secondary. not gonna happen.

and i do not think we need to use black jerseys or any other color to "scare" opposing offenses. our D speaks for itself on the field. switching to black in an attempt to intimidate the other team is a sorry attempt by a lesser, weak minded coach to gain some kind of advantage because he knows deep down he is overmatched. a la jerry glanville in atl.

Okay okay, I think you guys got me. The Cowgirls do not have a black jersey, it is dark blue. I was thinking of Detroit.

actually the cowpies do have a black jersey. im not sure if it was ever worn, but ive seen plenty of them on people and in stores.

as much as it hurts me to post this...

http://froogle.google.com/froogle_cluster?q=black+dallas+cowboys+jerseys&pid=1824903051195385790&oid=10915016736192666939&btnG=Search+Froogle&oi=froogler&lmode=&addr=&scoring=mrd&hl=en

I will never like black jerseys. Even if they start wearing them and winning, I will not be one of those eating crow and saying how wonderful they are.

I don't like them. They remind me too much of the Raiders. I've always thought how great it was that the Redskins were unique in their color scheme. Why copycat some other franchise.

Obviously it's not up to us what Danny and the league decide. I'll root for the Redskins no matter what they wear on the field. But if it's black jerseys or black pants in any way, I'll never say I like them. And *I* for one will continue wearing my burgundy and gold.

I will never like black jerseys. Even if they start wearing them and winning, I will not be one of those eating crow and saying how wonderful they are.

I don't like them. They remind me too much of the Raiders. I've always thought how great it was that the Redskins were unique in their color scheme. Why copycat some other franchise.

Obviously it's not up to us what Danny and the league decide. I'll root for the Redskins no matter what they wear on the field. But if it's black jerseys or black pants in any way, I'll never say I like them. And *I* for one will continue wearing my burgundy and gold.

i whole heartedly agree. i for one dont know why anyone WOULD wear their "shadow" jersey to a home game. the team colors are burgundy and gold. i would rather see someone wearing a plain burgundy sweatshirt than a black Portis jersey. as someone said, from a distance you cant even tell who they are rooting for.

The black jerseys are cool and trendy but am I the only one who doesn't mind not looking like everyone else? :doh: Especially the Cowgirls and the Eagirls because they have had black jerseys for some time now. Perhaps, we can have an alternate jersey with a new design but still burgandy and gold.

I agree. I would rather keep things the way they are. Let Dallass & Philthy have their black alternates. We have our whites. The only thing I would like to see different where uni's are concerned is just once, I would like to see the burgundy on burgundy as opposed to the white on white. At least once. That's it though. Our "3rd jersey" days are behind us...I hope.

I think the only team that changed to a black jersey that ACTUALLY looked good was the Saints, & they changed their whole look without really changing a thing.The Eagles & Cowgurls just looked like chit. Still do, actually.

Alternate uni's are generally the ugliest on the field. Like the Dolphins' Orange jerseys or the Chargers' Powder Blue??? :puke: :puke: The B&G in me just SCREAMS when I see that, & just thinking about it just makes me...yep, I just threw up in mouth a little.

HELL MAN!!! let's go with a friggin ALL neon bright gold pants and Jersey. Imagine all the alligator arms in the secondary on sunny days :laugh: :laugh: Sean wouldn't have to be with in ten yards of them and they would flinch. And when he does make contact, they'll think they got hit by a caution light. :laugh: :silly:

Archived