Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randle EL Passed with flying colors

SMOSS89

Well, even though the skins knew they had no shot at Wayne, we all know Gibbs and company were keeping an eye on randle el last night and had to have been pleased with his production. Adding such versatility on our offense will be probably be enough to have us celebrating come this time next year

Not to vent but what is so great about Randel El??? :doh: True he throw a great pass in the biggest game of his life. But does that mean we should get our panties in a bunch about him?? :rolleyes: If we get him as a punt returner, cool, but if not I will not loose any sleep over Randel El. Sorry, I had to let that out. I actually feel a whole lot better. :silly:

Not to vent but what is so great about Randel El??? :doh: True he throw a great pass in the biggest game of his life. But does that mean we should get our panties in a bunch about him?? :rolleyes: If we get him as a punt returner, cool, but if not I will not loose any sleep over Randel El. Sorry, I had to let that out. I actually feel a whole lot better. :silly:

You probably said the same thing about Santana Moss.

Randle El was pumped up in a Washington Post article but I've heard nothing about the Skins wanting him. From what I saw last night he wouldn't be that great for the Skins - -he looked like a #3 at best WR. I'm not knocking his return or gadget play ability (those are great) but the Skins need an everydown capable WR.

Joe Jurevicious of the Seahawks would be great IMO.

If we are going to sped big(ish) money on a FA wide receiver it should be on a reliable guy rather than a wildcard like Randle El. I just don't think we'd get good value out of him. We can get 30-40 catches out of Patten, and that's what Randle El has averaged throughout his career. He's a good #3 WR and special teamer, and a good guy to have around for the occasional gadget, but he's not a chain mover and that is what we really need.

If we want a guy who is versatile and a good athlete we would be better served to draft Michael Robinson out of Penn State. He's bigger than Randle El, would be cheaper, and would be a near ideal fit in the role that James Thrash currently plays on offense. He could also be a decent special teamer, possibly even a returner if need be.

That's just my opinion though. The ones that matter are the coaches.

I agree with most here, I don't want him. He's not the best WR (Ward is) and not sure he can handle being a #2 guy (he's the slot WR in Pitt b/c he causes a lot of mismatches at that position). Trick plays are great, but don't want to eat up cap space for something you'll do 4-5 times a season. He is a good kick/put returner, but teams will just kick away from him, so whats the point?

I'll take Joe Jurevicious, or a bigger #2 WR anyday.

The problem with Randel El now is that with him doing what he had to do in the SB, his ability to pretty much do it all offensively to make a big play, his value is going to be huge. I just can't see us competeing with a lot of other teams, including the Steelers, to pay him the money he's going to be after to pick him up. As much as I'd like to see him in a Skins uni, it's probably going to cost us to much to do so.

If we want a guy who is versatile and a good athlete we would be better served to draft Michael Robinson out of Penn State. He's bigger than Randle El, would be cheaper, and would be a near ideal fit in the role that James Thrash currently plays on offense. He could also be a decent special teamer, possibly even a returner if need be.

That's just my opinion though. The ones that matter are the coaches.

I was thinking the same exact thing. I really like robinson, I think he could do a lot for us. Everyone is saying how Pitt is so great in how they run things, drafting players etc. Well watch how smart Pitt is letting Randle El go and get big money some where. They could just draft another guy like him! Instead of the skins paying a role player big bucks...DRAFT ROBINSON.

Actually I didn't. I was very excited about Moss. We need a BIGGER receiver (even though I love our little Moss) not another "little guy." And take this from me as a female, size does matter. :doh:

Believe me, I want a big possession WR.

I don't want Randle El for the type of money he'll probably acquire.

But lets not act like he's chop liver.

While Antie El did make a pretty pass, a nice catch over the middle and yes, a TD saving tackle on the INT, I still didn't see so much to make me drool over him and say he belongs in BurgUndy & Gold. He had 3 receptions for 24 yards. He had TWO TD's all year. That just doesn't add up to Dan the Man paying big bucks, IMHO.

Another guy that we DO NOT want, even if he was available, is Jeramy Stevens! Man, did he drop a bunch of balls or what??? How fitting for the game to end with him dropping another one and getting clobbered. (Was Porter in on that?) He caught one TD pass, yes, but otherwise was a major liability.

Archived