Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More of a comment than a question....

Coach Williams

Money talks

...and Randle-el walks?

Seriously, though, Pitt has a bad history of underpaying its players. H. Ward just got a contract extension, and it was like pulling teeth, apparently. I wouldn't be surprised if they allow Randle El to leave, particularly with the way Cedric Wilson emerged in the playoffs (SuperBowl aside).

I think that there is more of a chance of a player leaving after winning the superbowl than if they were to get to the superbowl and lose. Most players wouldn't want to know that they got that close then left and never got there again while their previous team makes it over the hump.

All of that being said, money talks, regardless.

In response to the original question - it depends on what the difference is. If another team is offering a couple hundred thousand bucks a year more, then I stay with the team that drafted me and offers me (obviously) a chance to compete fot the title.

If it's between say 1.1 million a year and 3.5 million a year, then you gotta jump (note: these numbers are just used as an example - I have no idea what Randle El is going to command this offseason).

As for which #2 receiver would I want - obviously Wayne is at the top of the list, although he would be by far the most expensive and it looks like Indy is going to do all in their power to keep him. After that it would be Lloyd, but he is a RFA and I think SF will match any offer sheet he signs. Then I would want Moulds if Moulds is available, but I think he might not be now that Buffalo and Mularkey parted ways.

So, because all the players I would want ahead of him I don't think are going to be available, than Randle El would be my top choice to be the Skins #2.

I hope he's not leaving for the money.

I want him to come here because we'll offer him a larger role in our offense and he can develop into an all-star WR playing next to Moss, instead of just a trick play guy that he is in Pitt. Add to that the uncertainty in his team next year, and I can understand a change in location. Its not an easy decision, but I like our chances.

Randle El has some other advantages over the others

He can be a emergency QB

He is a great returner and we need to upgrade there

We has so much versatility for special plays

I also suspect that he'll want more than the Steelers will want to pay.

If you were Randle El would you leave the Steelers for the Redskins?......I know that winning is all that matters but Patten came to us after he got his ring...and it wasn't to win...$$$...That one pass may be the reason Pittsburgh keeps'm......

I don't want him. We don't need 3 smurfs.

Archived