Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possible Trade Scenario

SkinsNeverDie

That would NEVER happen. LA is worth a mid-round pick from everything I have read, Ramsey is in that same boat. Why would the Jets trade their best Dlineman AND their #5 pick for two mid round quality worth picks? Not even close to reality.

I like the premise of the trade. They would be willing to part with John Abraham for sure but it would take a lot to pry that 1st rd pick away. Maybe we could package Arrington, Ramsey, our 3rd, and Ladell Betts. He could end up replacing Curtis Martin and give them legit competition for their back up Derrek Blaylock. I love the idea, but I dont know if its realistic :/

If we ever got the Jets' first round pick, which is fourth overall, we would be incredibly stupid to pick A.J. Hawk. We NEED a pass rushing DE, and a whole number of them would available there, not the least of which is Mario Williams from NC State. Hell, if we passed on Williams, we could trade down to pick up folks like Mathias Kiwanuka from Boston College and Tamba Hali from Penn St. No way do we take anything other than a DE in the draft if we get that type of pick unless we somehow fix our DE problem earlier on via a trade or FA.

With that trade scenario you are definately looking through burgandy glasses. I've read many articles with comments from other league GM's about the trade values for Ramsey and Arrington. The bottom line is everyone knows Ramsey will get released if we do not conjure up a trade. ESPN said we'd be lucky to get a 5th for him. As far as Arrington goes, if we trade him, we'd absorb a $12 Million hit. We would be far better off keeping him and restucturing his contract. Even if he is sorry to say, but slightly above average at best in this defense. If we did trade him, we'd be lucky to get a 3rd for him. I'd love to get 1st rounders and John Abraham for these guys but welcome to reality. Veterans players with a recent history of injuries and backup QB's who have proven nothing and will certainly be released anyway just don't garner much trade value in the NFL these days.

If we ever got the Jets' first round pick, which is fourth overall, we would be incredibly stupid to pick A.J. Hawk. We NEED a pass rushing DE, and a whole number of them would available there, not the least of which is Mario Williams from NC State. Hell, if we passed on Williams, we could trade down to pick up folks like Mathias Kiwanuka from Boston College and Tamba Hali from Penn St. No way do we take anything other than a DE in the draft if we get that type of pick unless we somehow fix our DE problem earlier on via a trade or FA.

Really? We would get Abraham, and could pick one up in the second. Now who on earth would be our other OLB? Yeah...

Really? We would get Abraham, and could pick one up in the second. Now who on earth would be our other OLB? Yeah...

Read my post again. Did I mention that I was basing that on the trade that was proposed? Personally, I think that trade is completely out there. Therefore, instead of referring to the trade, I just said that if we somehow got the Jet's first round pick, we'd be idiots to pass up on a pass rushing DE if we hadn't fixed our problems there already.

Most of you don't even seem to realize how much the 5th overall pick alone is worth. There is no way at all that would get it done. It is being said by nearly everyone that is not a Skins fan that Arrington would likely garner a mid-rounder. I think it would be a mid-2nd rounder. There is no way we get the number five overall pick along with a player like John Abraham for Ramsey (who fetches a mid to late rounder), Arrington (who fetches a mid-rounder), and 3rd.

Why would the Jets give up that much for a BACKUP quarterback?

The Jets want a QB, yes, but a very good backup.

They have soooooooo much money tied up in Chad Pennington its not even funny.

He signed a $64 million dollar contract over a year ago.

They can't trade/release him, so they will have to play him.

Plus why get an aging Abraham with your trade scenario when if you have the #4 overall pick you can get Mario Williams?

I hope you had a nice break from the real world, but that kinda stuff only flies in Madden Football.

First problem with the trade is the fact that Arrington will count 12 million against the cap if we keep him and 12 million against the cap if we cut him and 12 million against the cap if we trade him. Knowing that, why are we gonna waste 12 million on Lavar ARrington if he isn't on this roster making plays?

Second problem, why are the Jets giving up a Top 10 pick in the draft? No one would be that monumentally stupid when making a deal that involves two players that aren't healthy, and a QB that has yet to prove himself for a full season.

With the...*ahem* Jets.

We would trade:

Lavar Arrington-If ONLY the coaching staff feels they can live without.

Patrick Ramsey

3rd round pick

We would get:

John Abraham

Jets first round pick: With this we would select AJ Hawk. (Virtually to replace Arrington)

Now, i beieve this would be great for us. I can easily see this happening if the coaches dont want Arrington here. I dont really want this to get into a battle, i just want to discuss with some of my fellow Skins fans.

a trade has to work out for both sides. both sides have to see the benefit. the jets could draft Hawk and keep abraham and their defense would be better!! they could trade for brees or rivers who are both better than ramsey. Also ramsey might be on his way out anyway so why trade #4 pick in the draft for a back up player and an often injured head case player? and also give up you franchise pass rusher who is among the best in the league.

last year's trade of coles for moss each team saw a malcontent player with equal or similar talent.

this trade is not equal or similar. its a unrealistic and dreamy!

I don't think it will happen, but not because its not a fair trade. It is slightly in our favor. Ramsey and a 3rd rounder aren't worth Abraham or the Jets 1st rounder. But the Jets are too far over the cap right now. They can't justify a 12 million dollar player right now.

And I don't think Arrington would be willing to restructure just to be traded to the Jets. He said he would be willing to restructure in order ot stay a Skin

Archived