Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possible Trade Scenario

SkinsNeverDie

With the...*ahem* Jets.

We would trade:

Lavar Arrington-If ONLY the coaching staff feels they can live without.

Patrick Ramsey

3rd round pick

We would get:

John Abraham

Jets first round pick: With this we would select AJ Hawk. (Virtually to replace Arrington)

Now, i beieve this would be great for us. I can easily see this happening if the coaches dont want Arrington here. I dont really want this to get into a battle, i just want to discuss with some of my fellow Skins fans.

The only issue is Arrington's contract

As we saw last year with the Coles trade, his contract almost nixed the whole deal from going down

I think we would take a 12 million dollar cap hit if we cut or trade Lavar. And I am honestly not sure if Lavar would command a top 10 pick

You are basically asking to trade a backup QB, and a linebacker who has been injured for 2 seasons, for a dominant pass rusher and a top 10 draft pick

Not going to happen

Abe will be a FA, I think.

Regardless, I don't see that happening. No way they would trade their high first round pick for those players.

Ramsey' trade value is around 3rd or 4th at this time. Or, maybe a conditional pick in '07, pending his performance.

The only issue is Arrington's contract

As we saw last year with the Coles trade, his contract almost nixed the whole deal from going down

I think we would take a 12 million dollar cap hit if we cut or trade Lavar. And I am honestly not sure if Lavar would command a top 10 pick

You are basically asking to trade a backup QB, and a linebacker who has been injured for 2 seasons, for a dominant pass rusher and a top 10 draft pick

Not going to happen

The Jets have done dumber things :laugh:. IMO, they need a QB.

The Jets have done dumber things :laugh:. IMO, they need a QB.

They have, but come on this is just flat out larceny. Bradway would be fired on the spot

The Jets need more players. Having a QB that could pan out, and an All Pro LB, and a 3rd round pick might be enough to convince them. Maybe we can give our second instead of 3rd...hell i would still do that!

A QB that COULD pan out. Maybe. But he has been a backup for 2 years

Lavar has been injured for 2 years

Even a 2nd round pick is no gurantee of success

They have, but come on this is just flat out larceny. Bradway would be fired on the spot

A QB that COULD pan out. Maybe. But he has been a backup for 2 years

Lavar has been injured for 2 years

Even a 2nd round pick is no gurantee of success

The reason why this came to mind is because Gibbs said he wants to get a first round pick. Now i'm hearing rumors that we are interested in Abraham. If this deal could just possibly fall through we are going to be really good. But Abraham hasn't been healthy all that much either? When both healthy Arrington has definately been the better player.

With the...*ahem* Jets.

We would trade:

Patrick Ramsey

3rd round pick

We would get:

John Abraham

Jets first round pick: With this we would select AJ Hawk. (Virtually to replace Arrington)

Now, i beieve this would be great for us. I can easily see this happening if the coaches dont want Arrington here. I dont really want this to get into a battle, i just want to discuss with some of my fellow Skins fans.

wouldnt tradeing arrington cause a big cap hit?

arrington isnt worth as much as abraham. So basically you are saying ramsey whos maybe worth a 4th at best and a 3rd for the 5th overall pick?

you need to rethink this......

maybe arrington ramsey and a 3rd for abraham which still would make the cap situation even worse.

if franchised abraham would have a tender worth like 8 million base salary and hes going to want that yearly on his long term contract....

so basically hes going to want a 5 year 40 million dollar deal with a 10 million dollar signing bonus

Are you sure washington can handle that?

arrington isnt worth as much as abraham. So basically you are saying ramsey whos maybe worth a 4th at best and a 3rd for the 5th overall pick?

maybe arrington ramsey and a 3rd for abraham which still would make the cap situation even worse.

if franchised abraham would have a tender worth like 8 million base salary and hes going to want that yearly on his long term contract....

so basically hes going to want a 5 year 40 million dollar deal with a 10 million dollar signing bonus

and i didnt even include paying the 5th overall pick :doh:

Most definately. With all the right restructures...i read somewhere that we could be 9 million UNDER. Now i have no idea how much the cap would take directly from Arringtons contract though...

Most definately. With all the right restructures...i read somewhere that we could be 9 million UNDER. Now i have no idea how much the cap would take directly from Arringtons contract though...

i think tradeing arrington would have a 10 million cap hit..... the contract was set up assumeing he would be a redskin for life

With the...*ahem* Jets.

We would trade:

Patrick Ramsey

3rd round pick

We would get:

John Abraham

or how about Ramsey and 3rd pick for Abraham and we keep arrington

Archived