Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grizzlyman

SkinsD

Have you signed you for an online dating service & had success?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Have you signed you for an online dating service & had success?

• Yes, and I've met some great people
    • Yes, but I haven't met anyone worth while
    • No, never have never will (the 7up defense)

I gotta agree with you. It's in human nature to avoid bears for obvious reasons, and to ignore that sensation is is absolutely crazy. He does come off as as quite odd but he was spending months on his own in Alaska - I think we all would come off as weird.

Ultimately, I'm a big believer in personal freedom, as long as you aren't hurting anyone else. So although I suspect this guy had some major psych issues, this may have been the only thing he could successfully maintain a passion for and gain some amount of attention for - so who am I to begrudge him that. I almost have to wonder, as counter to logic as it is, if he didn't somehow take joy in being devoured. It was the natural, maybe even inevitable end to what he was pursuing.

Ultimately, I'm a big believer in personal freedom, as long as you aren't hurting anyone else. So although I suspect this guy had some major psych issues, this may have been the only thing he could successfully maintain a passion for and gain some amount of attention for - so who am I to begrudge him that. I almost have to wonder, as counter to logic as it is, if he didn't somehow take joy in being devoured. It was the natural, maybe even inevitable end to what he was pursuing.

I don't care how effed up you are, being consumed by a bear is a very, very bad expierience.

Then again I am not crazy so ya never know.

I think drowning or being set on fire would be less painful then actually being consumed by an animal.

wait a sec... does he get eaten during the show?

No they don't air it. They do mention the few parts of the guy that was found which is nasty. The camera was on when the attack occured but the lense is on so you could only hear the attack. They don't air it tho.

I saw a dude get eaten by a bear on Faces of Death. Very nasty. You can see the bear pull out intestines and start chewing...

The worst was the guy who parachuted right into an alligator pit. You saw him bob up out of the water and go under and in a couple of second....hamburger.

DAMN!

I am so glad I never watched those films, I wouldn't sleep for days. And who stood by and filmed that crap?

Probably the worst thing I ever saw were the scene photos of Chris Farley's death - I loved Farley but I could never watch his movies again after seeing him dead.

DAMN!

I am so glad I never watched those films, I wouldn't sleep for days. And who stood by and filmed that crap?

Probably the worst thing I ever saw were the scene photos of Chris Farley's death - I loved Farley but I could never watch his movies again after seeing him dead.

There were mostly people there by chance with home vid cameras.

Yeah, Farley looked messed up in that pic. Purple face and foaming at the mouth. What a damn shame. I miss that guy. He was one funny SOB...

There were mostly people there by chance with home vid cameras.

Yeah, Farley looked messed up in that pic. Purple face and foaming at the mouth. What a damn shame. I miss that guy. He was one funny SOB...

Yeah you've seen pics, spot on description... I will never get that image of Farley's face out of my head and I regret clicking on that link.

I almost resent him tho, I was such a fan and am pissed he decided to do speedballs instead of using his incredible talent. Unfortunately many comedians find themselves abusing drugs and alcohol.

I rented Grizzlyman on DVD a couple of weeks ago. Yes he was out of his gourd. Way out!!! Thought he was going to try and have sex with one. ;)

Not to sound morbid, but I felt jipped that I didn't get to hear the tape that had the audio of him and his girlfriend getting mauled. The director didn't want to exploit his death and that is fine, BUT, it damn sure would have had an impact on the movie.

I rented Grizzlyman on DVD a couple of weeks ago. Yes he was out of his gourd. Way out!!! Thought he was going to try and have sex with one. ;)

Not to sound morbid, but I felt jipped that I didn't get to hear the tape that had the audio of him and his girlfriend getting mauled. The director didn't want to exploit his death and that is fine, BUT, it damn sure would have had an impact on the movie.

I think it would have been exploitation. That being said I too had that morbid curiosity and would have liked to hear it. In the end it was the right decision not to air it, we don't videotape cancer patients dying after all. We respect their death and for good reason.

I don't care how effed up you are, being consumed by a bear is a very, very bad expierience.

Not necessarily.

There are some really crazy "fetishes" out there, and that could be one of them. Maybe it turns the guy on, sexually to be eaten by a bear. Remember the gay British guy who put an ad in the paper to meet another gay dude, because his fetish was to be eaten by his partner ? The other guy ended up frying his dick in a frying pan, just like sausage, then eating his dick

Yeah you've seen pics, spot on description... I will never get that image of Farley's face out of my head and I regret clicking on that link.

I almost resent him tho, I was such a fan and am pissed he decided to do speedballs instead of using his incredible talent. Unfortunately many comedians find themselves abusing drugs and alcohol.

Yep, Farley and John Belushi died of the exact samething.

Not necessarily.

There are some really crazy "fetishes" out there, and that could be one of them. Maybe it turns the guy on, sexually to be eaten by a bear. Remember the gay British guy who put an ad in the paper to meet another gay dude, because his fetish was to be eaten by his partner ? The other guy ended up frying his dick in a frying pan, just like sausage, then eating his dick

I thought that was in Germany?

Yep it was...

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=374

flambeed penis anyone? :laugh:

Not necessarily.

There are some really crazy "fetishes" out there, and that could be one of them. Maybe it turns the guy on, sexually to be eaten by a bear. Remember the British guy who put an ad in the paper to meet another gay dude, because his fetish was to be eaten by the other guy ? The other guy ended up frying his dick in a frying pan, just like sausage, then eating his dick

I am at a loss for words.

I think it would have been exploitation. That being said I too had that morbid curiosity and would have liked to hear it. In the end it was the right decision not to air it, we don't videotape cancer patients dying after all. We respect their death and for good reason.

I think the director made the right decision too. He cared about the guy and respected what Treadwell was doing with the bears. I thought the doc was fascinating. Start to finish. That one pilot was a bit of a jerk I thought. I think he was one of the rescue party.

Oh my God, I just figured out who this guy is, you all are talking about !

I didnt think it was him, when you all started mentioning the mental problems(I heard a similar story about a guy, but I was convinced he didnt have mental problems), but now I realize it's the same guy.

Anyhow, I havnt seen the show because I dont have cable, but anyway this guy was not mental.

This is not a case of some wierd novice, who on the spur of the moment, decided to go dancing around Bears. This is a man who had studied Bears and lived around Bears for so long, he could almost think like them, and know what they were thinking. He had trained himself on techniques that made almost any Bear feel comfortable around him. But of course, "almost" was the key word.

This man was highly intelligent. But at the same time, slightly irrational.

I didnt think it was him, when you all started mentioning the mental problems(I heard a similar story about a guy, but I was convinced he didnt have mental problems), but now I realize it's the same guy.

Anyhow, I havnt seen the show because I dont have cable, but anyway this guy was not mental.

This is not a case of some wierd novice, who on the spur of the moment, decided to go dancing around Bears. This is a man who had studied Bears and lived around Bears for so long, he could almost think like them, and know what they were thinking. He had trained himself on techniques that made almost any Bear feel comfortable around him. But of course, "almost" was the key word.

Watch the movie ... its mostly his footage. He ain't right Mick. Watch and you'll understand. I don't know that he was 'highly intelligent'. Eccentric, sad, bizarre, misguided, passionate, and devoted. I'm not sure 'highly intelligent' springs to mind though.

You know this guy?

Watch the movie ... its mostly his footage. He ain't right Mick. Watch and you'll understand. I don't know that he was 'highly intelligent'. Eccentric, sad, bizarre, misguided, passionate, and devoted. I'm not sure 'highly intelligent' springs to mind though.

Then what would you say about his woman - that she's ill, as well ?

Then what would you say about his woman - that she's ill, as well ?

Yeah as I said before, to ignore your instinct to avoid animals that could cause you harm is crazy. She openly admitted she was afraid of bears and it was quite evident in the few segments that she was in that she was afraid of em (no movement, ect).

Archived