Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How it must feel to be a Colts fan.

bbuzz1962

As the Superbowl draws closer, I started reminissing about our season, and how excited I was to see the Redskins make the playoffs after a subpar midseason.

Although we fell short of the ultimate goal of the Superbowl, I would have to say this season was a huge sucess. Yes, we fell short, but what a marvelous run it was.

I started thinking about the Colts, how great their season was going, and like a bolt of lightning from the football gods, tradgedy of unbelievable proportions strike the best team in football to date this year with the untimely death of coach Dungey's 18 year old son. I felt so sorry for the Colts fans and players, who up to that moment had run the table on every team in the NFL, and looking unstopable, and a huge favorite to win Superbowl XL.

When I started watching the game against Pittsburgh, I couldn't believe I was watching the same team I had seen earlier this year, dominating the game, and scoring at will. I just started thinking of the contrast of our two teams. Our team who was predicted to have a losing season, and the Colts, who were predicted to go all the way. How it must feel to be a Colts fan, with all the expectation of winning the world championship, just to lose the first playoff game of the season. This cannot be real, we were suppose to win it all, and we couldn't beat a wildcard team at home. How could this happen to us??

Well, I know what I have learned this season, and well. No matter how good you think you are, or how good everyone else thinks you are, it only takes one bad game to end your season. I would have to say that I feel much better as a fan exceeding everyones expectations, than to disappoint and shock the entire NFL with an unexpected loss in the first round of the playoffs. I don't know what I could say to the Colts fans, because this was suppose to be their year. It was probably their best chance to get to the Superbowl and win. All I can say is, good luck in the future, and I hope that you never have to experience a year like this again.

Here's what I have to say about Colts Fans :finger: :laugh: Manning???? :rotflmao:

I am of the Bill Simons school of betting. The SECOND Payton Manning and Tony Dungy got together, I instantly thought to myself "I'm going to make a LOT of money off these two guys in the playoffs" :laugh:

Manning is a loser, plain and simple. . . I mean come on now, he couldn't figure out Spurrier for christ sakes, then on top of it all, Tennessee wins the NCAA championship with Spurgen Wynn at QB AFTER Manning leaves. :laugh:

I would challange anyone to read Manning's playoff history, it makes a Sox fan almost feel sorry for his ineptitude. . . almost ;)

Here's what I have to say about Colts Fans :finger: :laugh: Manning???? :rotflmao:

I am of the Bill Simons school of betting. The SECOND Payton Manning and Tony Dungy got together, I instantly thought to myself "I'm going to make a LOT of money off these two guys in the playoffs" :laugh:

Manning is a loser, plain and simple. . . I mean come on now, he couldn't figure out Spurrier for christ sakes, then on top of it all, Tennessee wins the NCAA championship with Spurgen Wynn at QB AFTER Manning leaves. :laugh:

I would challange anyone to read Manning's playoff history, it makes a Sox fan almost feel sorry for his ineptitude. . . almost ;)

Ouch, that's gotta hurt

It has become a classic NFL playoff image.

Peyton on the ground, having been sacked or hurried, watching a pass get picked or fall incomplete at a critical point in the big game.

Peyton slapping the turf with an open hand as he watches yet another promising season slip away. Smacking the grass with his palm like an old woman fending off a purse snatcher.

Peyton trotting off the field, chin strap flapping, shaking his head in frustration after letting the other team's defense get into his head.

Again.

Hey, at least it wasn't New England this year.

Peyton looking like an impatient third-grader, wearing his heart on his sleeve and telegraphing to the other team that he is vulnerable. That therefore his entire team is vulnerable.

Peyton, the technically brilliant quarterback without the internal fortitude to get over himself and get it done when the chips are down.

Peyton, not the cornerstone of a championship NFL team. Perhaps never the cornerstone of a championship NFL team.

Montana. Favre. Baugh. Namath. Starr. Elway. Brady. Dare I say it: Aikman. Staubach. Men who took the ball and made things happen when they needed to. True champions, all. Men who -- when they were behind, when their team underperformed, when they were underdogs, when only they were standing in their corner, when they were on the big stage in the big game -- drew themselves up and added dogged determination to their impressive list of talents. Showed that they knew how to make it happen when it really counted. Because they had to. Because losing was not an option.

The gulf between those guys and Peyton Manning is enormous. It's palpable: Peyton does not have the heart of a champion. He doesn't have the guts.

The Carpetbagger Colts leaving Baltimore in rental vans under cover of night. The Colts stealing off to Indianapolis, of all places. The Colts taking a piece of Maryland's history and championship legacy with them.

The Colts complaining about having one of the smallest markets in the NFL. The Colts playing in a dump of a stadium. The Colts threatening to move every five years, only to find that be it ever so pathetic, there's no place like home.

Home? In Indy? The Crybaby Colts barely even have a home. And when the truly difficult teams show up at playoff time, they barely have a quarterback, either.

Hey Peyton, karma's a b#^%$, isn't it?

I reallly don't' understand the hatred towards Peyton Manning. I really don't. He works his butt off. Whenever Indiy loses in the playoffs, he is to blame. How about a poor performance from his receivers (last year, bobbling EVERYTHING)? He is the only reason they were close to tying Pitt towards the end of the game. He complained about blocking? Did you watch the game?! Can you blame him?????

After the playoff loss, it certainly didn't look like he blamed himself. Granted, he has great talent but he didn't scramble at all in that loss. He got blitzed and couldn't leave the pocket to avoid the pressure. This is a Pro Bowl quarterback we're talking about here.

On top of that, the whole Archie/Eli Chargers draft left a sour taste in my mouth.

Sure thing there amigo. Apparently you overlooked where I said he had great talent. And then you ignored when Peyton himself said he had protection problems in the Pitt game that was almost handed to him. Now, he comes out and says that he wasn't calling out his offensive line but it may have been coaching schemes.

I don't believe I said anywhere that the Colts had a SB victory, actually I thought they were overrated much as the Seahawks are. I'll continue to admire Peyton's talent at QB, but that doesn't mean he is exempt from criticism when his :pooh: starts to stink.

After the playoff loss, it certainly didn't look like he blamed himself. Granted, he has great talent but he didn't scramble at all in that loss. He got blitzed and couldn't leave the pocket to avoid the pressure. This is a Pro Bowl quarterback we're talking about here.

On top of that, the whole Archie/Eli Chargers draft left a sour taste in my mouth.

'

Ummm, when has Peyton EVER been a scrambling QB? The O-line has to work for the Colts. He can't scramble, and that's a known fact. You're pointing out his glaring weakness, but despite it, they went 13-0. Then a team destroys their blocking scheme, and you blame him for not scrambling? HE DOESN'T SCRAMBLE. If anyone is to blame, it's either the O-line or the coaching scheme (e.g. lack of players blocking against the rush). I don't necessarily agree with Peyton saying it to the media, but he was being bluntly honest. Let's not confuse him with TO. He meant no malice. He is a student of the game, and explained why they lost. I guarantee you no O-lineman from Indy will come out and say anything negative towards him.

Sure thing there amigo. Apparently you overlooked where I said he had great talent. And then you ignored when Peyton himself said he had protection problems in the Pitt game that was almost handed to him. Now, he comes out and says that he wasn't calling out his offensive line but it may have been coaching schemes.

I don't believe I said anywhere that the Colts had a SB victory, actually I thought they were overrated much as the Seahawks are. I'll continue to admire Peyton's talent at QB, but that doesn't mean he is exempt from criticism when his :pooh: starts to stink.

I didn't direct my comments at anybody, slow your roll.

We have no idea what he said to his team. All I know is, there is one glaring a-hole on that team, and that is the kicker. Ironic that he misses the fg. And if you're wondering why I call him an A-hole, just remember what he said about Peyton after the playoff loss (was it last year or the year before?). Peyton never went back after him. Peyton is class. Nobody's perfect.

'

Ummm, when has Peyton EVER been a scrambling QB? The O-line has to work for the Colts. He can't scramble, and that's a known fact. You're pointing out his glaring weakness, but despite it, they went 13-0. Then a team destroys their blocking scheme, and you blame him for not scrambling? HE DOESN'T SCRAMBLE. If anyone is to blame, it's either the O-line or the coaching scheme (e.g. lack of players blocking against the rush). I don't necessarily agree with Peyton saying it to the media, but he was being bluntly honest. Let's not confuse him with TO. He meant no malice. He is a student of the game, and explained why they lost. I guarantee you no O-lineman from Indy will come out and say anything negative towards him.

A student of the game for how many years? Yes they went 13-0 but not exactly against the toughest schedule in the league, hmm does that sound familiar for a current SB team? So, a Pro Bowl QB that doesn't have the ability to scramble? How many QB's in the league would put up stellar numbers behind that line as well as having Marvin Harrison since they have been together almost since birth in NFL years.

There is only so much the OL can do against the rush. Wasn't Peyton calling the plays from the line? I thought he was one of the few QB's that did that. Elway avoided the pass rush. Even Doug Williams avoided the pash rush. Steve Young avoided the pass rush. If you rely on the OL to make you a great QB, not to mention a multiple Pro Bowl QB, do you diss them after losing a playoff game? Even Mark Brunell doesn't say that about his offensive line becuase he knows they can't protect on every play.

Oddly enough, the Mannings have one thing in common. You put pressure on them and they are prone to mistakes. Peyton is a good guy and I'll give him that. Unfotunatley, he's a modern day Jim Kelly.

A student of the game for how many years? Yes they went 13-0 but not exactly against the toughest schedule in the league, hmm does that sound familiar for a current SB team? So, a Pro Bowl QB that doesn't have the ability to scramble? How many QB's in the league would put up stellar numbers behind that line as well as having Marvin Harrison since they have been together almost since birth in NFL years.

There is only so much the OL can do against the rush. Wasn't Peyton calling the plays from the line? I thought he was one of the few QB's that did that. Elway avoided the pass rush. Even Doug Williams avoided the pash rush. Steve Young avoided the pass rush. If you rely on the OL to make you a great QB, not to mention a multiple Pro Bowl QB, do you diss them after losing a playoff game? Even Mark Brunell doesn't say that about his offensive line becuase he knows they can't protect on every play.

Oddly enough, the Mannings have one thing in common. You put pressure on them and they are prone to mistakes. Peyton is a good guy and I'll give him that. Unfotunatley, he's a modern day Jim Kelly.

So I guess Dan Marino sucks, huh?

Does he suck? no. It just goes to show that one person can't win a SB. I don't think I ever said Peyton sucked either, but if your referring to when I said he relies on his OL, then I think he'll land in the same area as Jim Kelly and Dan Marino.

Neither of them suck, but they couldn't get it done my themselves.

Does he suck? no. It just goes to show that one person can't win a SB. I don't think I ever said Peyton sucked either, but if your referring to when I said he relies on his OL, then I think he'll land in the same area as Jim Kelly and Dan Marino.

Neither of them suck, but they couldn't get it done my themselves.

Fair enough. But, if Indy had Denver's O-line.....Rather, had Indy's O-line showed up the way they did ALL YEAR, this wouldn't be a discussion, and we'd be talking about the Colts as the next SB Champions. My whole point was that everyone hating on Manning is not fair. :cheers:

The Clots suck. Peyton Manning is a career CHOKER. He couldn't beat Spurrier while at Tennessee--despite having the better team---and he still can't win a big game.

Clots fans are idiots. Pure and simple. They cheer their stupid team as if they were perennial Super Bowl contenders yet I seem to recall they were once the worst....repeat....the worst franchise in the 80's and early 90's, if not the worst of all time. I can't wait to see them go undefeated next year only to lose once again in the second round. You can set your watch by it.

Archived