Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tell us about your ride

skinsdude

Sold my 2000 Nissan Xterra and the '90 Honda CRX for a silver 2006 Honda Civic.

two cars don't compare to one

Xterra=16 mpg, and parts already going

CRX=42 mpg despite 200K miles. Now needs its first clutch change. In its prime got 50 mpg. Awesome car!

2006 Honda Civic=35 mpg, and loving it! :D

Edit:Forgot the picture.

Pete, I know a Federal Judge that has a bike like yours. Last thing you would ever expect to see a 60 something Judge driving.

Actually, that's spot on for the Standard Bonneville line. I'm the youngest person to buy one out of our dealership at almost 45. The average sesms to be 55 to 65, and for good reason. Way back when, Harley and Triumph were in direct competition for the American market. If not for AMF stepping in, Triumph may have stayed alive, and Harley gone by the wayside. While the products of each brand had their problems, you could get a Triumph for far less then the Harleys of the day. They were lighter, and much more nimble, and were perfect for the first time rider.

Many of these people grew up on the Triumphs of the 50's, 60's and 70's. It's funny how the loyalty is still there after all the years of not riding. I get stopped very often with folks asking what year my bike is, and are amazed to find out It's new. Triumph's sales have gone up every year in the US, and they don't even run any TV adds. The general public doesn't know that Triumph has been making bikes again, and for some years now.

You see Honda and Yamaha adds on prime time TV, and If Triumph did the same, they would start to scare some of the others manufacturers. They are the # 1 road bike brand down under, and could do some real damage to the US market with a solid add cmpagin.

Sold my 2000 Nissan Xterra and the '90 Honda CRX for a silver 2006 Honda Civic.

two cars don't compare to one

Xterra=16 mpg, and parts already going

CRX=42 mpg despite 200K miles. Now needs its first clutch change. In its prime got 50 mpg. Awesome car!

2006 Honda Civic=35 mpg, and loving it! :D

Edit:Forgot the picture.

u have a really cute car!!! I want it...lol

Congrats on the puppy...........:

Thanks :) I am giving serious consideration into getting one of the dog-specific side cars that are now available (a/c, enclosed).

The America, and the Speedmaster are great lookin bikes, but there more suited to shorter runs and smaller people.

Ya, I had to hunt around for a comfortable position when I was trying them on for size. I am built weird - very heavy (when I was in high school wrestling and in great shape I weighed in at 229), but also on the short-side (5'8), so alot of bikes are either fine seat height but uncomfortable in other ways, or vice versa. The Rocket fit me like a glove tho :)

I was told Triumph has a touring bike in mind based on the Rocket about a year ago. I know that these things take a few years to develop, but I need to know now :rolleyes: :laugh:

:notworthy

Keep me updated on that. Once I am out of school and settled into a teaching position (about 2 years or so, going to school part-time), we are talking about converting my VTX into a trike for my wife and getting me a new bike, either a RIII or a Stratoliner. A touring RIII would make the choice really easy :)

05 Jetta. Old body style, hate the new ones they look like a Corolla.

ya sure its not an 04? because i think the 05's are the new corrolla clones.

i have an 04 jetta gl. nothing special about it...cept my amplifier and subwoofers...

1 JBL 1200.1 amp

2 Rockford Fosgate P2 subwoofers in custom enclosure specifically made for them.

All stock speakers.

sounds amazing.

and the car is solid, safe and pretty slow...sadly i got my first speeding ticket just the other day :(

$127 :mad:

they better fix the potholes on 495 with that.

There was an '05 silver redline in the showroom when I got my '06 non-redline. I didn't like the silver color so I didn't even ask to test drive it. Have you compared the two and if so, is there a big difference in performance?

There's about 60 hp difference, upgraded tranny, short shifter, and that supercharger thingy that makes all the kids go running. I test drove a regular Ion quad coupe and loved it. The redline fell into my lap for the same price that a QC would have been for me.

KTM 2005 exc200

Great choice, KTM kicks azz.

Peugoet 306 2.0 SE cabriolet, 17" wheels, lowered 2 inchs, tv, dvd player, quad exhaust... i miss her :(

god damn, girlfriend n moving out of home cost to much to keep... 1 day i shall have another...

Peugoet still makes cars? :laugh: Just kidding............ That's a nice looking ride. Best auto diesel I've ever driven was an older Peugoet.

Great choice, KTM kicks azz.

Peugoet still makes cars? :laugh: Just kidding............ That's a nice looking ride. Best auto diesel I've ever driven was an older Peugoet.

.....:doh: .... of course they do, make some of the best looking cars at the mo

the new 407 coupe is lush, and my cabriolet and old 406 coupe was pinafarina styled (ferrari)

:D

ZING

Hey, wait a minute...............I loved the FIAT's I had. :laugh:

one of my first jobs was as a car porter at american service center fiat.

I used to drive the stink out of the 124 spyders, and the X-19's. and the ocasional lancia scorpian, and once a right hand drive mercedes SL 350?

4speed with the left hand shifter, try that some time. BTW Pete congrats on your

promo, and upgraded avatar :cheers:

i drive a black fully loaded 2006 bmw m3.

then i wake up and drive a '91 acura integra.

it's a good car, but it has a couple phantom problems that no mechanic can diagnose because my car doesn't say "chevrolet" or "ford" on it. i hate mechanics almost as much as i hate doctors.

Archived