Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboy fans eat crow!

bschurm

In an effort to take focus off the FA market and Sean Taylor woes since both situations won't be resolved for a while, I thought I would ask you all to post any funny stories of Cowpie fans taking it hard from us Skins fans after either of the two glorious victories this season.

I have an amusing lil' anecdote about one of my best friends who is a Cowpies fan, hope you get a kick out of it.

My childhood friend, Bobby and I have been going back and forth every year about the Redskins/Cowpies rivalry for about 25 years. Usually one of us will call the other AFTER the game to gloat, needless to say I have had to listen to that @#$@$%# for too long until this year. Well for some unknown reason, out of the blue, this year he decides to call me on the day of the MNF game, BEFORE it even started, to tell me how the Redskins were going down! Neither of us has ever called BEFORE a game, but he did. You all know what happened that night (Santana Moss deep twice). So for a week afterwards he would not answer my phone calls. That is not where it ends.

Like so many doubters, he thought it was a fluke. So the morning of the 35-7 blowout BEFORE the game, he called to let me know the first game was a fluke and the Cowpies were going to kick our butts. Well this time he took my call and proclaimed he would never call before the game again.

Bobby please call me before every Redskins/Cowpies game.:dallasuck

Did any of you get satisfaction the way I did? Do share.

To be honest, most Cowboys fans just said things like "Its about time". I don't think they liked losing, but they've had so much success over us lately its hard to get down because we finally beat them after 7 years.

I'll take satisfaction if we continue the streak into next season! First game is at FedEx, we should be able to do it!

I work with a couple of Cowboys fans. They were very confident that the Redskins wouldn't win either game because we have "no heart." :laugh: Afterward the 2nd Dallas game, they were/are very bitter. They don't like hearing about it. I tell them, "that's too bad, because I KNOW that, even though you haven't given me hell about the Skins/Boys rivalry, you have given SOME Skins fans hell for the last 10 years so, you'll just have to live with it." :evil:

i have a very good friend who (God forgive him) is a cowboys fan. i can remember a couple years ago when the skins beat the pukes on thanksgiving, the look on his face when he realized he now owed me $500! i said, "james, you know what this means?" he just stares at me, gets up and walks out the door without a word and he still hasn't paid me to this day:laugh:

I had the pleasure of informing two Cowboys fans who went to sleep, what happened in the last few minutes of the first game.

One of the conversations went like this:

POKE FAN: How bout them Deadskins?

ME: What time did you go to bed?

POKE FAN: When it was 10-0, why? I knew they weren't coming back.

ME: It ended up 14-13, Redskins. Comeback, *****!

I emailed every Cowboy fan I knew the the clips of Moss two tds. I never did hear back from any of them. I remember that night I was up till I had to go to work the next day. I couldn't sleep, I drove all over town just listening to the post game show. Then spent 2 hours on extreme. What a night.

i have a very good friend who (God forgive him) is a cowboys fan. i can remember a couple years ago when the skins beat the pukes on thanksgiving, the look on his face when he realized he now owed me $500! i said, "james, you know what this means?" he just stares at me, gets up and walks out the door without a word and he still hasn't paid me to this day:laugh:
best believe i would have gotten my $500 from him or something thats worth $500

I don't know what game you were watching, but the Skins have never beat Dallas on Thanksgiving. Check your records, GOOGLE

Well I have been a Skins fan since conception and made the mistake of marrying a Cowboys Fan. Of course that union finally fell apart after 12 years. So now I have my nephew living with me and he is a Cowboys fan. We are out at a Local Bar playing poker and watching the first skins/boys game. It is late in the 4th and we are down 13-0. So my nephew comes over to the table I was at and is scraming and yelling" How bout them Cowboys". To make matters wose he is thrusting his hips at me saying the Cowboys put it in is. Fast forward 4 minutes or so later. My nephew's face is totally white. As a Skins fan and his uncle I had to rub it in. So I went up to him, started thrusting my hips saying " We put it you". He hung his head and talked about how it was a fluke. Fast forward to the second game. Now he is confident it was a fluke loss and there was no way we could beat them again. So game ends and we crush the boys. Nephew runs to his room and says to leave him alone. Which I did untill abot 2:30 in the morning when I promptly started blaring as loud as I could Hail to the Redskins on my stereo. Was so loud Dogs were barking outside. So he comes storming in the living livid. So I couldnt help myself. I yelled at the top of my lung "how bout them Redskins" While thrusting again. I still smile whenever I think about it. HTTR.

with about 4 minutes left in the first game i was ready to explode due to the crappy play of our team and my friend Joseph "jojo" was talking all kinds of trash and i was getting real pissed. then the touchdowns came and i was all over the place. i was talking so much trash the he got pissed and tried to swing on me and we got into a small fight that ended outside. the next day we were cool again but he was positive they would beat us in the next game. in the 2nd game he went home early and i stayed and got drunk as hell, thank you redskins for providing me these great moments this year.

Never???

I thought the 87' game we beat their starters with our replacements was on Thanksgiving.

Nope, hes right..

Dallas Cowboys

First Thanksgiving game: 1966, a 26-14 victory over the Browns.

The tradition: Have played on 34 of the last 36 Thanksgivings (missing 1975 and 1977).

Record: 21-12-1.

Last 10: 5-5.

Most common opponents: Redskins, 5 (5-0-0) and St. Louis Cardinals, 4 (4-0-0).

I must have missed that one because the skins are like 0 for whenever against the pokes on thanksgiving unless you are talking about 2006 season

Nope, hes right..

Dallas Cowboys

First Thanksgiving game: 1966, a 26-14 victory over the Browns.

The tradition: Have played on 34 of the last 36 Thanksgivings (missing 1975 and 1977).

Record: 21-12-1.

Last 10: 5-5.

Most common opponents: Redskins, 5 (5-0-0) and St. Louis Cardinals, 4 (4-0-0).

as commonly that cowboys fans think it is there right to play on thanksgiving the Lions have been playing on thanksgiving a lot longer and if the lions where to never play again on thanksgiving it would take dallas 20 some years to catch up.

Two Cowboys fans at work. Every year, they gave me hell about the game and every year I'd answer their calls and talk about the game...take a razzing.

This year,after the Monday night game, I called them and both their responses "You guys got lucky. We fell asleep with 4 minutes left. Won't happen again."

Then came game two. After the win, I called both of them. Wouldn't answer the phone. But they both had voicemail:) .

Go to Google and find the wav file of Jimmy Johnson proclaiming : "How bout them Cowboys??!!" Leave that in both their voicemail boxes. ;)

They both ducked me for two weeks. They couldn't even knuckle up and take their medicine......Typical.

I have a couple of buddies out of the area - one a Pittsburgh fan, the other a Dallas fan. We stayed in touch as normal until the first Dallas game, after-which my Dallas friend disappeared for a couple of weeks only to return with a "it's about time - you guys are lucky" story. Yet, he talked big trash before the game. He had a lot to say before the second game as well, but I haven't heard much since they lost to us the 2nd time until recently (he wants to talk about the draft.

I mentioned my friend that's a Pittsburgh fan because I haven't heard from him in like 3-4 weeks. He doesn't want to jinx his team (so his wife tells me) - people are funny!

I will say that since the 2nd loss, I haven't seen any cowboy paraphernalia (hats, coats, etc...), unlike I'm used to seeing. Feels good to finally shut them up for a minute!

Archived