Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Discredit to the GOP

Fred Jones

Where is your lover this afternoon? :silly:

Wow, you sir, are a master of the craft of insult. No one can match wit with you, for your very keyboard makes us mere mortals shudder in fear and despair. Congratulations on beating both Larry and Destino, and please do not add me to your future conquests. I have never read such clever invectives in my life, it must be great having the ability to make full grown men weep after an online forum-thrashing. You are the envy of every 4th grader in the world!

A reporter yesterday made a comment about Nixon claiming that the President can basically do what he wants and is not accountable for his actions. It sounded just like what Bush is claiming now.

What has pissed me off about the right is their attitude that if you aren't with us you are against us attitude. No debate, no disagreement, just brainwashing. I also don't like the fact that if you disagree with the establishment you are labeled a liberal.

With that said, what goes around comes around.

King George W feels he is above the law, the checks and balances written in the constitution are for people like Nixon and King George who feel they are the ultimate authority. That pesty 4TH Amenedement seems to always get in the way. It is amazing how a group of men 230 years ago had the ability to see how the government could be taken over and manipulated by the Executive branch and countered that by the 4TH AMENDMENT. Still scum like Nixon and Bush BS the people. That is why those same men 230 years ago created the penalty for such a disregard for the law of the land IMPEACHMENT

King George W feels he is above the law, the checks and balances written in the constitution are for people like Nixon and King George who feel they are the ultimate authority. That pesty 4TH Amenedement seems to always get in the way. It is amazing how a group of men 230 years ago had the ability to see how the government could be taken over and manipulated by the Executive branch and countered that by the 4TH AMENDMENT. Still scum like Nixon and Bush BS the people. That is why those same men 230 years ago created the penalty for such a disregard for the law of the land IMPEACHMENT

And you know the shame of it all? Those men took all the precautions that they possibly could and we still found ways to **** up.

What law did Bush break? I don't see impeachment hearings started...Who was the last president to undergo impeachment hearings?

This entire wire-taps issue comes down to the fact that for SOME REASON, Bush doesn't want the courts knowing who he is spying on. The "Warrants take to much time" theory has been blown out of the water time after time over the last six months of debate. There truly is NO MERIT to trying to argue that getting a warrant is an obstacle. because quite clearly it can be done after the fact, up to 72 hours after the fact, so you can ALREADY BE DOING THE SPYING and then send a member of staff to go get the warrant. This is eerily similar to when Nixon was spying on political opponents, and when questioned his response was "Well when the President does it, it's not illegal"

This entire wire-taps issue comes down to the fact that for SOME REASON, Bush doesn't want the courts knowing who he is spying on. The "Warrants take to much time" theory has been blown out of the water time after time over the last six months of debate. There truly is NO MERIT to trying to argue that getting a warrant is an obstacle. because quite clearly it can be done after the fact, up to 72 hours after the fact, so you can ALREADY BE DOING THE SPYING and then send a member of staff to go get the warrant. This is eerily similar to when Nixon was spying on political opponents, and when questioned his response was "Well when the President does it, it's not illegal"

NoCal, it's pretty obvious that unless something sinister is going on, Bush is doing this to prove a point. He's saying, "I'm the ****ing president, and I'll do what I want, when I want, and if you don't like it, **** you." It's just a my-dick-is-bigger-than-your's gesture.

NoCal, it's pretty obvious that unless something sinister is going on, Bush is doing this to prove a point. He's saying, "I'm the ****ing president, and I'll do what I want, when I want, and if you don't like it, **** you." It's just a my-dick-is-bigger-than-your's gesture.

Problem with that theory is, he kept going to FISA for MOST of his wiretaps.

Which leads to the conclusion, yet again, that the only reason he didn't ask for a warrant for these is, he knew the answer would have been "No".

Now you know what the president motives are, from the confines of your dorm room? You, in your infinite wisdom based on 18 years of life, thinks that President Bush is so petty that he would do something like this just to "prove a point". Maybe, just maybe, we have a president that would like to protect his own people.

Wow, you sir, are a master of the craft of insult. No one can match wit with you, for your very keyboard makes us mere mortals shudder in fear and despair. Congratulations on beating both Larry and Destino, and please do not add me to your future conquests. I have never read such clever invectives in my life, it must be great having the ability to make full grown men weep after an online forum-thrashing. You are the envy of every 4th grader in the world!

Thanks dude.

Now you know what the president motives are, from the confines of your dorm room? You, in your infinite wisdom based on 18 years of life, thinks that President Bush is so petty that he would do something like this just to "prove a point". Maybe, just maybe, we have a president that would like to protect his own people.

The rule of law doesn't prohibit the President from protecting the people. The question at hand is why the President chose to break the law.

The rule of law doesn't prohibit the President from protecting the people. The question at hand is why the President chose to break the law.

You say the President broke the law. Your lib friends say he broke the law. That is your opinion. Tell me what court and what judge has ruled that the President broke the law?

You say the President broke the law. Your lib friends say he broke the law. That is your opinion. Tell me what court and what judge has ruled that the President broke the law?

Tell you what. I'll quit saying he broke the law (he broke the Constitution), and agree to The Extremeskins Convention: No politician can be accused of breaking the law, untill after he's been convicted.

If everyone will also agree that Bill Clinton didn't, either.

Deal?

Tell you what. I'll quit saying he broke the law (he broke the Constitution), and agree to The Extremeskins Convention: No politician can be accused of breaking the law, untill after he's been convicted.

If everyone will also agree that Bill Clinton didn't, either.

Deal?

That's how it usually works in this country. You know, you didn't break the law until you are actually convicted of breaking the law. Novel idea.

"National security is more important than the Republican Party or the Democratic Party. And to use it to try and get someone elected will ultimately end up in defeat and disaster for that political party."

Senator Chuck Hagel R-NE

Chuck Hagel, Nebraska’s senior U.S. Senator, is serving his second term in the United States Senate. Senator Hagel’s duties include membership on four Senate committees: Foreign Relations; Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs; Intelligence and Rules. Hagel is chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations International Economic Policy, Export and Trade Promotion Subcommittee and the Senate Banking Securities and Investment Subcommittee. Hagel serves as the Chairman of the Congressional-Executive Commission on China.

Hagel served in Vietnam with his brother Tom in 1968. They served side by side as infantry squad leaders with the U.S. Army’s 9th Infantry Division. Hagel earned many military decorations and honors, including two Purple Hearts.

Archived