Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

jerseys

PleaseGoForTheWin

Is this jersey real or fake?

0b_2.JPG

yeah thats definatley a fake, i have that coles jersey, exact one, you can tell the name plate is newer and a slightly difrent color, plus they stopped production on the throwbacks last year, plus they don't produce patten jerseys regularly

I've bought 3 "authentic" jerseys off of eBay recently. I figured it was time to get a wider selection from just my Dave Butz jersey!

Anyway, the ones I bought look great but I'd be a fool to think they were authentic for 50 bucks that I paid for them.

I think as long as you don't buy into the "authentic" selling point on eBay, you won't be disappointed. I'm happy with the jerseys I got and in the end; I'm sporting my favorite teams and players colors.

If you are getting the jerseys to wear around, you can't beat the price for what you are getting. If you are a collector to put the jerseys on display etc, then yeah I probably wouldn't be shopping for them on eBay and if I were I would really be critical of what I was buying.

You just made the important point that I was about to write. Very few if any of the jerseys on eBay are authentic. The important question is are you happy with the quality of the item for what you paid. I just bought a Moss jersey for 50 off eBay. I know it is not authentic but it is of a very high quality and the stitching is great. Well worth $50 and shipping.

Very few of us can afford $280 for an authentic jersey. All we want is to be able wear out team colors proudly.

But guys, if you bought it on eBay....it is almost 100 percent certain it is NOT an authentic....especially if you paid $50-150 for it.

You just made the important point that I was about to write. Very few if any of the jerseys on eBay are authentic. The important question is are you happy with the quality of the item for what you paid. I just bought a Moss jersey for 50 off eBay. I know it is not authentic but it is of a very high quality and the stitching is great. Well worth $50 and shipping.

Very few of us can afford $280 for an authentic jersey. All we want is to be able wear out team colors proudly.

But guys, if you bought it on eBay....it is almost 100 percent certain it is NOT an authentic....especially if you paid $50-150 for it.

Great post. Like you said some from ebay look pretty good. As long as they don't snooker you into overpaying because you think its authentic you can get good deals. I have seen a Manly jersey that KingGibbs bought from ebay. Its not an authentic but it looks darn nice.

It burns me these sellers are misrepresenting them. Just say Coles jersey switched to a Patten. They are trying to take advantage of people.

I just think paying 100+ for a fake is crazy. Now if you can get them for 50 or 60 thats a different story.

Does anyone have a Reebok Skins jersey? How are they? I'm seeing a lot of them on eBay and other places online, usually in the $60-$80 range. Is that a good price, and are those jerseys any good?

Thanks. :helmet:

Definitely. I have a Reebok Portis jersey. It's not authentic it's a replica. Authentics have stitched-in numbers and letters, Replicas have screen-printed numbers and letters.

Some people really make a big deal about the authentics but I've had my replica for about a year and it's still in immaculate shape.

Also, FYI it is a real Reebok. A replica has nothing to do with no being a certain name-brand. It's all about the stitching. Personally, I'd rather pay $50-60 less for the replica but that's your call.

:logo:

Definitely. I have a Reebok Portis jersey. It's not authentic it's a replica. Authentics have stitched-in numbers and letters, Replicas have screen-printed numbers and letters.

Some people really make a big deal about the authentics but I've had my replica for about a year and it's still in immaculate shape.

Also, FYI it is a real Reebok. A replica has nothing to do with it not being a certain name-brand. It's all about the stitching. Personally, I'd rather pay $50-60 less for the replica but that's your call.

:logo:

DOn't get confused with what we are talking about in this thread. Replica jerseys are licensed by the NFL. The ussually cost about 79.00.

We are talking about finding 280.00 authentic jerseys for 50 or 60 on ebay. Those are almost always fake.

Some people prefer the replicas because of cost. All I'm saying is know what your buying and pay accordingly.

I have bought a jersey from projerseysandmore and it is 100% auth. How do I know? When I got it, I took it to a retailer and had them look at it. We pulled the same player off of the wall and compared the two. It was the EXACT same specs down to the last detail.

I have bought jerseys from ebay that I knew weren't "authentic" but try finding a Manley, Theissmann, Monk, etc. jersey in the stores. The funny thing is when I wear my jerseys that aren't "authentic" such as Manley I get a better reaction (see bob HOF44) than I do when I wear a, let's say, Portis "authentic".

As long as the name and numbers are sewn on and it's a quality jersey, that's all I care about. I do however think the word "authentic" is exaggerated though.

Classification of jerseys:

Replica

Replithentic (garbage IMO better off with replica)

Authentic

On Field- Which the general public can't buy w/out connections

Than there are the ebay jerseys.

DOn't get confused with what we are talking about in this thread. Replica jerseys are licensed by the NFL. The ussually cost about 79.00.

We are talking about finding 280.00 authentic jerseys for 50 or 60 on ebay. Those are almost always fake.

Some people prefer the replicas because of cost. All I'm saying is know what your buying and pay accordingly.

you know what though...there is a slim chance that you will find a REAL authentic from some sorry person that doesn't know what they have. Check out this jersey I purchased. It is a complete authentic. I got it for only $30...brand new... I couldn't resist the price.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/imnotaniddiat/bb_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/imnotaniddiat/17_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/imnotaniddiat/45_1.jpg

I think I got it during the denver game when they were making a big deal about LA not playing. So I got it for really cheap.

you know what though...there is a slim chance that you will find a REAL authentic from some sorry person that doesn't know what they have. Check out this jersey I purchased. It is a complete authentic. I got it for only $30...brand new... I couldn't resist the price.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/imnotaniddiat/bb_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/imnotaniddiat/17_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/imnotaniddiat/45_1.jpg

I think I got it during the denver game when they were making a big deal about LA not playing. So I got it for really cheap.

You speak the truth. :) I am with you on this one. I picked up a white Lavar authentic for 36.00 while he was being benched. Its just a matter of knowing what your getting and learnign how to tell the difference between real and fake jerseys and then paying accordingly.

Occasionaly you run across a great deal.

YES!! u can buy a Authentic Jersey off ebay for the price of 60-100 bucks! they ARE Authentic...infact i know a seller whos great message me if u want there name!

Not sure the name of this seller but this a trancript of one of his auctions for a REAL AUTHENTIC Redskins Jersey.

Buyer beware of people who use the word "authentic."

Read below.

Hail!:point2sky

"

Q: I was just reading all of the information you posted in your ebay listing of the team issued Redskins jersey. In a word--OUTSTANDING. You went to terrific lengths to explain the differences between player-worn jerseys and the retail authentics. I applaud you for it. Your story of your dealings with the NFL's retail division is typical of how they handle these affairs---arrogantly. I am in favor of not using the word "authentic" when discribing game-worn/player-used or game-issued jerseys. Why? Because "authentic" also refers to retail jerseys, and it's too easy to confuse those with player's jerseys. Even though player's jerseys are truly the authentics, I avoid using that term and merely refer to player's jerseys as game-worn/used, game-issued or game-ready--depending on the individual jersey's status. The inexperienced collector and seller will misuse the term authentic, just as they misuse game-worn, ect. There are too many fools referring to retail jerseys as game-worn or game-used because they "are just like what the players wear on the field." it can make you nuts. Take Care--and well done!

A: Thank-you very much! You have some very valid points regarding the use of the word authentic. The thing is, though, I don't believe the majority of these sellers are fools, and I'm also not convinced that most of the sellers use the word authentic due to inexperience. After all, the Redskins have been wearing jerseys with sleeves closely resembling the one in my listing for nearly two decades. I strongly suspect these sellers on eBay, and even at nfl.com, use the word "authentic" to purposely mislead the public -- allowing the sellers to maximize their profit by bulk-purchasing fake, cheap, mass-produced copies from overseas, importing them, and selling them as authentic jerseys to an unwary American public. I honestly believe that. I invite anybody reading this to refute that. Thanks for your comments!"

Archived