Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

jerseys

PleaseGoForTheWin

Since when did jerseys become relevant to the team? Isn't this a topic better suited for the Tailgate? Sorry just tired of seeing a new jersey thread started every day in the Stadium section. The stadium is for Redskin Football related topics. :2cents:

Since it's already here, find someone in the Military going to Korea. My buddy sent me an Authentic throwback riggins circa 84 he payed $30 for it. I know not everybody know's people in the military but it's worth a shot. You can tell the difference between mine and the real thing.

ok boys here it is...... the ebay seller who sells "real" Authentic jerseys for only a fraction of what retail goes for is.

projerseysandmore

he has a ebay store w/ many jerseys...go peep him out. I have bought 4 jerseys from him and there are the real deal. I am a JERSEY JUNKIE!!! so believe me.

Also, I have bought many jerseys from the offical REDSKINS store in malls such as Fair Oaks, Tysons Corner, & Montgomery Mall...There is NO differnce in the jersey!!

ok boys here it is...... the ebay seller who sells "real" Authentic jerseys for only a fraction of what retail goes for is.

projerseysandmore

he has a ebay store w/ many jerseys...go peep him out. I have bought 4 jerseys from him and there are the real deal. I am a JERSEY JUNKIE!!! so believe me.

Also, I have bought many jerseys from the offical REDSKINS store in malls such as Fair Oaks, Tysons Corner, & Montgomery Mall...There is NO differnce in the jersey!!

Just an FYI. I looked at the site cause I love authentic jerseys. He is changing namplates. He buy old Coles jerseys takes the name off and puts on Patten. He takes old Bailey jerseys and switches the nameplate to springs.

Once a retailer does that and then trys tell sell them as new authentics it makes me wary of them. I'm not saying they are horrible, they are just not what is advertised. I wouldn't pay over 60.00 for a jersey like that.

ZoEd the "only" true Riggins Jersey is a Mitchell & Ness Jersey. The Numbers are not Stiched on , they are screen pressed. like they did in 82, 83. if u post a pic I can tel u if its real or Bootleg!

damm you. Just kidding :)

I was about to just say that and post a pic as well LOL. I have the Riggins and bought it at the M&N store. It is a Great jersey and whether or not its worth the $300 is debateable....its worth it in my eyes.

He is right though. Any "stitched on" Riggins, Clark, Monk, D.Williams are fakes. We didnt have "stitched" lettering on our current jerseys until 2002. Everything was "screened on".

projerseysandmore

How do you know they're real? Mine from Korea isn't real and I can assure you, you can not tell the difference all the way down to the tag at the bottom left, no difference at all.

Okay the letters and numbers are stitched. I wasn't aware they were supposed to be screened. So it's a fake. I knew that. I'm just saying they look authentic and it was only $30. Everything you buy in Korea is fake. You'd be amazed at what these guy's can do with a sewing machine. I will say this the quality is extremely good on my Jersey and is made to look authentic and these guys don't try to pass them off as the real thing with their prices. I took some Pics but don't know how to post them.

If I figure out how to post the pics you can see the Mitchell and Ness tags, they even say NOSTALGIA CO. MADE IN THE USA Mitchell & Ness Philidelphia PA. It's a throwback not and Authentic, my bad. I'm not that much into them, I just know it's a hot looking Jersey and I always get compliments when sporting it out and about.

Is this jersey real or fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/David-Patten-Authentic-Washington-Redskins-Jersey-sz-52_W0QQitemZ8756419381QQcategoryZ24977QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

0b_2.JPG

I say fake because its throwback style that was only made when coles was here not patten. So the namplate was changed thus its a fake.

If you think its brand new not altered why do you think this?

There is one big difference that you can spot right away between a fake and an authentic. An authentic is made from Pro-Brite nylon (the body) and the cuffs, yoke, etc. are made from polyester. Many jerseys you see claiming to be authentic on Ebay are actually made of 100% polyester and not the nylon at all. I know, I won a Portis "authentic" on Ebay... It looks like an authentic with the sewn on numbers and name, but it's not. The tag says 100% polyester. It's a fake. Also, an authentic will have the elastic around the edge of the sleeves.

There is one big difference that you can spot right away between a fake and an authentic. An authentic is made from Pro-Brite nylon (the body) and the cuffs, yoke, etc. are made from polyester. Many jerseys you see claiming to be authentic on Ebay are actually made of 100% polyester and not the nylon at all. I know, I won a Portis "authentic" on Ebay... It looks like an authentic with the sewn on numbers and name, but it's not. The tag says 100% polyester. It's a fake. Also, an authentic will have the elastic around the edge of the sleeves.

I guess the only thing that makes mine fake is the sewn on instead of the screened #'s and writing because mine has all the other things you're talking about being real and I still only paid $30.

I've bought 3 "authentic" jerseys off of eBay recently. I figured it was time to get a wider selection from just my Dave Butz jersey!

Anyway, the ones I bought look great but I'd be a fool to think they were authentic for 50 bucks that I paid for them.

I think as long as you don't buy into the "authentic" selling point on eBay, you won't be disappointed. I'm happy with the jerseys I got and in the end; I'm sporting my favorite teams and players colors.

If you are getting the jerseys to wear around, you can't beat the price for what you are getting. If you are a collector to put the jerseys on display etc, then yeah I probably wouldn't be shopping for them on eBay and if I were I would really be critical of what I was buying.

Archived