Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Micheal Robinson 2nd Round pick #52

dent19

Just a thought...

I've been watching a little bit of the Sr Bowl practice and saw him working out at WR and RB, and thought he could be a great pick up for the Skins. He's big, fast, and smart. He could be used coming out the backfield, and H-Back. Picture Portis RB, Moss WR, Cooley TE/H-Back, Campbell QB, PATTEN WR

With any of the Free Agent WR's, RB's, and TE's we can snag under the Cap, and the new O Coordinator, we would have a wide open unpredictable offense. Not to mention he could also be the 3rd QB and we could save 1 roster spot....

Just a thought......

:D

As much as I love MRob as a PSU fan, this is way too high for him. Now, if we get 2 tweener picks, b/w 3rd and 4th round, for losing Pierce and Smoot, then maybe I'd take a shot at him there, but we have some other needs to address with the 2nd rounder other than a project.

i just thought it would keep the D honest. really couldnt dbl anyone..

He may just be around late in the draft. i dont think id wait to see. id grab him. then make deals to get the D-line straight. we have to score, something we really couldnt do last season.

he is having a horrible week this week and from what I hear he will drop somewhere around round 4 at best.

bad as far as QB.... and at this point i dont think he would show well at RB or WR.....he has only played QB all year. Although Matt Jones did show well at SR Bowl last year, i think he came in knowing he would switch to WR.

if hes around in the 4th great ...dont think i would wait. his upside is big.

Just a thought...

I've been watching a little bit of the Sr Bowl practice and saw him working out at WR and RB, and thought he could be a great pick up for the Skins. He's big, fast, and smart. He could be used coming out the backfield, and H-Back. Picture Portis RB, Moss WR, Cooley TE/H-Back, Campbell QB, PATTEN WR

With any of the Free Agent WR's, RB's, and TE's we can snag under the Cap, and the new O Coordinator, we would have a wide open unpredictable offense. Not to mention he could also be the 3rd QB and we could save 1 roster spot....

Just a thought......

:D

HORRIBLE pick...

So many other players/needs to fill...

Why draft a player that hasn't shown the ability to play ANY position at the next level, especially in the 2nd round?

Couple tidbits from Scouts, Inc.'s coverage of the Senior Bowl...

Wednesday (1/25/06): Robinson rann some as both a receiver and running back while also returning punts and kickoffs. He did this in addition to taking reps at quarterback, so his body of work at each individual position today was minimal. But, in the small amount of time he spent throwing the football and catching the ball as a receiver, he struggled once again. He threw an interception during the team period and his accuracy was nowhere near that of the other North quarterbacks. As a receiver, he had a very hard time picking the ball up and making catches. Robinson is best suited at a position other than quarterback, but the learning curve looks as though it is going to be sizable.

Summary: Michael Robinson does not throw the football well enough to play quarterback at the NFL level. Although he has adequate pure arm strength, he lacks the mechanics and overall accuracy to consistently fit the ball in small spaces that are quick to close. He is short and his release is low, which results in quite a few passes batted back at him. Robinson finally took some reps at wide receiver on Wednesday, but he fought the football and did not demonstrate natural hands or receiving skills. Obviously this was a very small cross section of his ability to play wide receiver, but Robinson would be wise to concentrate on catching the ball and running routes from now until the combine and Penn State's Pro Day. This week did not help Robinson's cause.

And having him as the 3rd QB doesn't really save a roster spot because you are still only able to have 45 active players on gameday...

If you want a WR, draft a WR...Brandon Williams...

If you want an H-Back, draft an H-Back...Garrett Mills (this draft's Chris Cooley)...

If you want a RB, draft a RB...Leon Washington...

And trick plays don't win games. You need a good consistent offense first and then you can mix in some trickeration, but it certainly isn't something you consider when drafting a player, especially when drafting a player in the 2nd round...

I'm a PSU fan and like M Rob a little later.

Brandies posted a Mock with MRob in the 5th round.

That's is way too low.

He breaks tackles, can juke and catches fairly well.

Late 2nd early 3rd is about right for him.

Whoever ends up with him will be pleasantly surprised.

Penn State got that kid from Maryland who broke his arm half way thru.....he would be great when he is ready to come out....his name slips me....but somebody knows who I'm talking about....think about the elusiveness of M.Vick rolled into a WR/RB....he is the next big thing......

Penn State got that kid from Maryland who broke his arm half way thru.....he would be great when he is ready to come out....his name slips me....but somebody knows who I'm talking about....think about the elusiveness of M.Vick rolled into a WR/RB....he is the next big thing......

Derrick Williams.

Robinson is my sleeper pick in the draft this year. He'll fall to 3rd or 4th round and some team will pick him up and make him a receiver. If the Steelers lose Randal El, I see them taking a chance on Michael. They have a knack for turning college Qb's into NFL receivers.

Derrick Williams.

Robinson is my sleeper pick in the draft this year. He'll fall to 3rd or 4th round and some team will pick him up and make him a receiver. If the Steelers lose Randal El, I see them taking a chance on Michael. They have a knack for turning college Qb's into NFL receivers.

I've thought about Robinson for the Skins as well. He's a tremendous natural talent. In the later rounds I'd take a serious look at him. In this offense, he would probably fill the role of James Thrash. Sort of a smaller quicker H back. People say we have other areas of need, and they are correct, but there is no way you can tell me Robinson doesn't have the potential to be better than Taylor Jacobs has been for us. He's just as fast, bigger, more elusive, and not afraid of the hit. If we took him late in the draft and picked up a solid free agent receiver, we'd be in much better shape at receiver than we are cuurrently. Robinson may be struggling a little this week at the Senior bowl, but he has played very well in numerous roles in college. I thin his struggles have as much to do with the indecision about where he should play as anything. Give him a defined role and he will learn it and perform well. He also shows potential as a return man. He's a Gibbs type of guy, who gives you a ton of versatility, and an explosive athlete who makes plays.

What's not to like?

If he gets to round three I'd think about it. Round 4, he's ours. He's a much better prospect than most 4th rounders at our positions of need.

Mel Kiper said that he'll probably play safety in the nfl

It's a possibility, but that depends on Robinson. If he doesn't want to play safety, that probably won't happen. I think he has the physical tools to do well there, and being a former QB can't hurt your understanding of what the offense is trying to do to you.

Robinson is not a good QB and he is not a good WR. We have so many other holes that we can not draft a player at #52 to run gadget plays or to take a player that will not be able to contribute for years because he has no position.

Just curious, what makes you say he's not a good receiver? He did well in that role when he played it in college. Just because he's been a little off at the senior bowl doesn't tell you much. There are a lot of full time succesful receivers who haven't done that well either, some of whom are considered the cream of this draft at the position.

I still say go for Devin Hester. Reasons are clear.

I don't see Robinson being drafted in the 2nd round. Does anyone know if he can even catch? How has he been performing at the Senior Bowl practices?

I have mixed feelings on Devin Hester. Everytime I saw him play I remember thinking that he got a lot of hype but there was little substance. However, I think that he has potential.

We have to look at DE, CB, or OL in the 2nd round. TE would be intriguing but I think the best TEs will be off the board when we pick.

i dont think hester falls to us

i dont know where but a mock draft i saw had us taking d.tapp from vt which i like alot. then in the 3rd it showed us taking some guy from tcu with sinorice still available, the brothers moss would be great!!! ithink robinson would be great in the 4th if he is there, would love that pick or maybe brad smith.:helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo:

Archived