Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Skins Salary Cap according to Jaguars.com

neongel

http://www.jaguars.com/story/4995.asp

This is from Vic Ketchman, senior editor at Jaguars.com. I have no opinion - simply rabble-rousing...

Philip from Woodmere, NY: Do you think it's possible the Redskins are making a mess of the salary cap because they know there's not going to be a salary cap after 2009 and they just don't care, being that's exactly what Daniel Snyder wants to do?

Vic: That's not it. There's no advantage to that kind of strategy because between now and '09 the Redskins are screwed and nobody can push money out beyond '09 anyhow. I think they got careless with their cap because they believed a CBA extension would get done and they could re-structure contracts and push money out and keep out-running the cap because large-market teams such as themselves would just keep driving the cap figure higher and higher. I think their philosophy was similar to those people who believe the national debt is an insignificant concern; just keep pushing money into the future, right? Well, unless there's a CBA extension, the future ends in '09 and the Redskins are out of years from which to borrow.

What an idiot. If the CBA is not extended, 2007 becomes an uncapped year. Snyder will renegotiate all of the large contracts into impacting the uncapped year. The Skins will have plenty of space in 08 and 09. Then there will be no more cap period. Dan without handcuffs, now that will be worth watching.

And in other news......The sky is falling.

To quote one of my favorite films with a Skins twist:

So-Called Expert: The Redskins' salary cap is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

Fan: What do you mean, "biblical"?

So-Called Expert: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff.

So-Called Expert: Exactly.

So-Called Expert: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.

So-Called Expert: Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes...

So-Called Expert: The dead rising from the grave.

So-Called Expert: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.

Whats a salary Cap? Is that a cop out used by small market teams like the Steelers, Packers, Seahawks and um Jaguars in an attempt to level the financial playing field?????

It seems to me that if you cant run with the big dogs stay home fits pretty well here. I grow tired of the boo hooing that goes on because some people lack the business sense or foresight to own their team, stadium and likeness flat out. Make no mistake about it.....when Snyder bought the team for what was then the largest dollar figure ever, he knew what he was doing. I say, the rest of the teams can follow suit or not.

Abolish the CAP. It is nothing more than a crutch for the weak and poor.

HTTR

If there is no new CBA, and as a result no salary cap in 2007, that would work in favor of teams in salary cap trouble, right? Isn't Daniel Snyder one of the owners holding up a new CBA because of profit-sharing issues (on which, by the way, I agree with the "more-rich" teams' position)?

...that time of year again...as the season winds down it's time for the annual "those dumbasses in the Redskins front office are going to put this team in salary cap hell in 200_"

Change the dates on the article...delete out the old names that were going to put us in hell (like Big Daddy and Dana Stubblefield, Jeff George, Deion) and throw in a few new names (Coles and Arrington) and submit article to boss :)

Archived