Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who would have picked Pittsburgh and Seattle?

tizzod

For the Big Dance? Not me. Probably not you either. Just shows that really, none of us, experts, dumbasses, and everything in between, have absolutely no idea what the hell we are looking at. I personally love it. I think it's beautiful.

That's why we play the games, ladies.

We can pontificate and expound and do all sorts of fun stuff....but this is a prime example where nobody has any g**damn idea what the hell is going on at any point in time. ESPN analysts, message board idiots, writers, anyone.

I love being a sports fan.

What is crazy is if Palmer is not hurt, then does Pittsburgh even get out of the first round, don't think so. If the colt DB runs TOWARD THE SIDELINE Pittsburgh loses, but he doesn't.

Both teams are playing like they are destined to win it all, should be a great game.

I feel good as a skins fan, because had we had Patten and Thomas in that game we win :cheers:

What is crazy is if Palmer is not hurt, then does Pittsburgh even get out of the first round, don't think so. If the colt DB runs TOWARD THE SIDELINE Pittsburgh loses, but he doesn't.

Both teams are playing like they are destined to win it all, should be a great game.

I feel good as a skins fan, because had we had Patten and Thomas in that game we win :cheers:

If I've learned anything, it's not to imagine the sport with a "what if" perspective.

If I've learned anything, it's not to imagine the sport with a "what if" perspective.

What if the ref got the call right on the Alstott play? What if we hadn't given up that stupid TD to Porter to start the 2nd half of the Raiders game? What if .... oh yeah, not supposed to do that. HA

HTTR

I must say...this SB doesn't really excite me too much. I really dont care about either teams.

To be honest, I think this is kind of a cool story line ... the established, Super Bowl laden Stillers vs. the Down on the Luck, never win a big game, newcomer Seahawks. Both coaches have very good track records overall. Should be a media frenzy with those HUGE markets ....... NOT.

On another note... If the Steelers do beat the Seahawks in the Superbowl... Then the worst playoff team in the AFC really is better than the best in the NFC!

The worst playoff team in the AFC??? What the hell are you smoking? They manhandled the Colts, just punched them in the mouth, and went to Denver and worked it!

I am no Steelers fan, by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't know what planet you are on....

The worst playoff team in the AFC??? What the hell are you smoking? They manhandled the Colts, just punched them in the mouth, and went to Denver and worked it!

I am no Steelers fan, by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't know what planet you are on....

Worst as in #6 seed.

The #6 seed in the AFC beating the #1 seed in the NFC.

Thats what I meant. Obviously the Steelers got to the Superbowl for a reason

Worst as in #6 seed.

The #6 seed in the AFC beating the #1 seed in the NFC.

Thats what I meant. Obviously the Steelers got to the Superbowl for a reason

Ah, ok. I must have misunderstood. As I said, I am no fan, but the Steelers are just beating down people...which doesn't bode well for a West Coast, West Coast offense team...Mr. Holmgren has some game-planning to do. It may be a tall order to try to teach his team to be as violent and nasty as a Pittsburgh team in 2 weeks. I'm not so sure that Seattle has it in 'em. But I did pick Carolina, so what the hell do I know?

It's funny because the more things seem unpredictable during the year, the more predictable they really are...

I can't say that I picked this SB matchup, but is it really a stretch to think that many people might have picked Pittsburgh vs. Seattle before the season started? Seattle has been on the cusp for a couple years now and the NFC is a little weak so that's not a stretch. Many people thought Pittsburgh was improved this year. Last year they were 15-1 and hosted the AFC Championship game.

Therefore, it's not a crazy SB matchup...it just took a topsy-turvy way of coming to fruition.

And like I said, I thought Carolina and Indy would be in the SB this year...no dice for me!

Archived