Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell Bashers Here!

Aghar

Time to eat some crow Brunell haters! Right now. Well, after many beers and watching the championship games I came to a conclusion. See that Seattle game? What was Jake's Passer Rating? -20? :yikes: He's a pro-bowler! WOW! Awesome...*sigh* So to all those that decided our QB wasn't good enough inspite of the fact that he led this team to its first playoof win in 6 years....take another look. Didn't you say that this team would be better with a different QB like Jake D? Please! Fact is, we ran into the #1 D and then a good gameplan in Seattle that limited our already limited offense. Sit back, relax, watch the SB this year and next year when Brunell ( Or whoever the coaches deem the best for us to win ) is our QB next year watch them lead a BETTER team into the playoffs and beyond. :applause:

If one game or a handful of games decided your starting QBs fate then Carolina along with a long list of teams would be looking to replace their QBs. Fact is, we have a decent QB. A great plan, a great amount of will. That alone will lead us to the promise land next year. Of that, I am certain!

:allhail:

Well, we can't win one with PR either. And JC couldn't do it right now. A healthy MB, going with the proper supporting cast, CAN win a SB!

If Spurrier hadn't have gotten Ramsey shell-shocked, he'd be our guy right now, with Brunell looking at QB's coach next season. But that ain't how it worked out.

With a new OC and maybe more agressive offense, a healthy MB can lead us to a superbowl easily. The question though is his health, which it is hard for a QB to stay healthy the entire year.

If we had a decent option at the #2 WR and Thomas and the OL was healthy this year we would have made it to the superbowl.

an brunell had more passing yards in the seahawks game than matt hastleback did anyway

Dude please, I was at the game sitting in the upper section where you could see the whole field. In the first half we had open receivers running free down the middle almost everytime MB dropped back and he never had the confidence to make the throw. Got a break on several drop picks. FYI most of his yards where junk yards when the game was already decided.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141668

that was like seriosly 3 threads above this one, come on dude

Sorry "DUDE", but seriously this thread is about the game today and comparing it to ours last week. That thread is about the bashing everyone has done because they believe Campbell should start or Ramsey should stay. Neither of which I stated in this thread. Unfortunately for you I DO take the time to read through the threads on this site and use the "search" function. Do yourself a favor and spend more time doing something else than being a biotch on this site to the people who have opinions! Again, for you, I'm sorry..

Hail! :point2sky

The normal specialty of the more one-dimensional brunell-fixated corps is to appear in every thread about thanking brunell and drop their bombs :laugh:

or to drop them at every chance even in totally NON-QB or not-at-all-Brunell-related threads :silly:

and to do so with either the noble suffering of the self-righteous or the persistent thickness of the self-occluded.

but dropping their bombs in a place specifically designated for it may lack the required appeal. :silly:

What do you expect? Jake had one threat, Smith. He had a fourth string RB in the backfield. You think Jake wouldn't have had a better chance to win this game with Portis in the backfield, Cooley at TE? Come on dude terrible thread.

Unbelievable that so-called fans of this team smash its starting QB because he cannot get them past a divisional round in the playoffs when everyone watched the game today and witnessed a "so-called" elite QB fall flat on his face under the same enviromint. What else can I say...nothing....I only shake my head in dis-belief at your ignorance. :doh:

He had 1 reciever to throw to today? Really? One deep threat? Where have I heard that before? They had no running game because their RB has hurt ( or hurting in Portis's case )? Where have I heard that before? Can you people get your head out of the sand for one moment and actually BELIEVE in this team for a change?!!? :cheers:

See you are way to defensive. I'm not dissing MB or calling him a bum. All I'm say is he was sufficient in getting us to the playoffs but didn't make the big plays when necessary. When we needed him he just wasn't there.

I never said Delhomme was elite. As a matter of fact I started a thread about MB being as good according to this seasons stats. However you cannot ignore how decimated his team was in todays game. Portis at 70% is probably better than Carolina's #4.

It makes me sick to think that if we would have beat Seattle last week we would be on our way to the SB. I don't think there is any way in hell Carolina could have beat us today. Sorry I feel that the reason we didn't beat Seattle is because MB wasn't even close to being 100% and didn't make the throws necessary for us to win. Our defense put us in position to win and we didn't take advantage. MB's throws were sailing and he almost got Santana killed. That is fact, not a point of view.

Watch the game, receivers were open and Mark was locked in on Santana the whole game. Maybe it's because he didn't have anyone else to throw to that he trusted. Who know's? What I do know is if MB isn't healthy he's not good enough to take us to the SB.

What do you expect? Jake had one threat, Smith. He had a fourth string RB in the backfield. You think Jake wouldn't have had a better chance to win this game with Portis in the backfield, Cooley at TE? Come on dude terrible thread.

Actually... Ricky Proehl is one hell of a possession receiver and Keary Colbert ain't that bad, either. Let's look at it this way...

Santana = Steve Smith

Jacobs + Thrash < Proehl

Cooley > Kevin Mangum

Portis > Goings, Foster, Davis, whoever... (they didn't get most of their wins running for a lot of yardage, anyway)

And thats the end of our true talent depth. We have an advantage but still no answer for Colbert or Carter (who was their best receiver in the game and is tall and a major downfield threat... who I'm betting will be quite good one day). That having been said, the Panthers have at the very least as many options as we did on offense. Brunell and the rest of our team did a bit better.

Watch the game, receivers were open and Mark was locked in on Santana the whole game. Maybe it's because he didn't have anyone else to throw to that he trusted. Who know's? What I do know is if MB isn't healthy he's not good enough to take us to the SB.

And Delhomme looked locked onto Steve Smith much of the game... again, Brunell did fairly well considering the plight of Jake (who is an extremely good playoff QB who is much younger).

The Panthers have been one of the hottest teams in the NFL the previous two games before Foster went down. That's the only thing that changed. You can't ignore that fact. Sorry I don't believe the Seachickens defense is that good. We could have exposed them and didn't. Why, because MB couldn't hit open receivers and his throws weren't accurate at all.

MB PLAYED GREAT THIS SEASON, just not good enough to take us to the SB. Would a #2 have helped us? Probably, question is could Mark have hit them when they were open? The way he was throwing the last three games I doubt it.

ok check it out....the simple fact is that if we had a guy that could hit the broad side of a barn, we'd be rolling on people....moss by himself creates enough space 9 times out of ten for myself to hit him with a pass, but brunell sucks....theres no way in hell we'll ever win a superbowl with brunell and since that is the ULTIMATE GOAL theres no freakin reason to play him..... start warming up jason campbell and im gonna pray we bring in t.o.

ok check it out....the simple fact is that if we had a guy that could hit the broad side of a barn, we'd be rolling on people....moss by himself creates enough space 9 times out of ten for myself to hit him with a pass, but brunell sucks....theres no way in hell we'll ever win a superbowl with brunell and since that is the ULTIMATE GOAL theres no freakin reason to play him..... start warming up jason campbell and im gonna pray we bring in t.o.

:doh:

T.O.? :yikes: Sure, that's a great idea set alongside a green QB if your dream of JC starting comes true! :laugh:

Just to understand where I am coming from. I was, at the beginning of the year, a Brunell "hater" but soon after changed my tune. Was it the Dallas game? Partially. It was more a collective effort throughout the season. To sit back and say that a QB with 20+ TDs -10 INTs and 3000+yrds passing "sucks" or "cannot hit the broadside of a barn" is just stupid. Plain and simple. If you can say he did a good job most of the season and dropped off the last 3 games, then I have no room to argue. He did. My worst nightmare come true. But rather me crawl back into post week1 form and say, "See, I told you so!", I decided to look at the overall picture. He DID do a good job on a whole. He WAS poor the last three games. I am not so certain these "phantom wide open recievers" existed in the TB and Seattle game though. Maybe I wasn't watching the same game *shrug*. On a few occasions I got miffed he missed a wide open Cooley across the middle last week but right after saying that I looked and noticed he was running for his life!

I guess my point is this. Jake brought his team to Seattle and played a horrible game. They looked to him to win it and he couldn't do it for a number of reasons. NO ONE is calling for his job. Another point is that Carolina has seen the playoffs a number of times over the last few seasons and yet Jake can't get them that SB ring.

MB brought his team to Seattle last weak and played a "not-so-spectacular" game. They looked to him to win it and he couldn't do it for a number of reasons. The MAJORITY of people here are calling for his job! Another point is that the redskins haven't seen the playoffs in 6 years under any other QB and yet people have no faith that he can do just enough to deliever that SB ring. I don't understand, calll me stupid. :doh:

You know all you Brunell lovers out there I think you forgot how we got into the playoffs. We rode Portis and the running game thats how. Then the Defense realy started play great, with a sack performance second to none in the Dallas game, and offense shutdown in the Eagles game.

Be honest especially after Brunell got hurt in the Giants game what did he do for us to win in Philly and Tampa? Those were IMO two of the greatest defensive performances the skins have played in a very long time (or ever). Then in the Seattle game once again the Defense and special teams hand the offense 3...count them THREE very crucial turnovers and the Brunell lead offense gets 10 points (with a TD being a deflection to begin with).

Face it Brunell wore down as the season came to a close. Brunell sees half the field if that (can't throw to his right on the run to save his life) and especially in the Seattle game Brunell's passes had ON ZIP on them.

Yes we had a great season but as the game developed in Seattle we could have won if Gibbs took a chance with Ramsey.

Starting Ramsey in the second half would have done two things. Throw Seattles defensive game plan off (can't zero in exclusively on the left side of the field) and allowed Portis more running room because Seattle had to respect the deep ball. Yes it could also have backfired and Ramsey ends up with 3 INTs however please tell me as what time durning the game you Brunell lovers had confidence that Brunell can lead us to victory?

Yes we had a great season, but like the Steelers proved, you need to throw caution to the wind a little to be a winner in the playoffs (would you have believed the Steelers riding the arm of Ben instead of their running game?).

Archived