Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting CB Prospect (highlight video included)

SkinzFan007

Richard Marshall

http://condraft.com/player.php?id=2100&cancelSignup=1

Richard is an extremely fluid and gifted athlete who is definitely one of the top 5-6 CB prospects for the 2006 NFL draft. He adjusts well on jump balls, will fight the receiver for the ball, shows good fluidity in his backpedal, and has good makeup speed. Richard is a just a junior, but there are no more than a dozen CBs in college football who are in his class as far as a pro prospect. He has a take-no-prisoners attitude in the running game, and his total package is very impressive. He could easily go as high as the 2nd or 3rd round in the 2006 NFL draft. This one has all the tools to be a fine nickel back year one in the NFL, and I fully would expect him to compete for a starting job within 2 years.

Highlight video:

http://www.draftshowcase.com/RichardMarshall.wmv

Might be an idea to take him with the second round pick unless there is a real standout DL/DE there though D lineman are easier and cheaper to aquire through FA than CBs who arethe most expensive FA to try and get quaility wise , look at the money Smoot, Henry and Rolle got last year and Bailey the year before that.

WR i never like wasting draft picks on. Look at the last 4 WR we drafted Jacobs, Gardner, Russell and McCants . WR i like to look for the UFA/RFA market because these guys are the ones who have lasted in the NFL for 4 years or so, so you can see what they are capable of and you may be able to scout players who need a change of scenary .

OL line depth would be good also, I would love for Hutch to go under the radar but I don't see it but we could pick up some depth in 2nd tier FA .

The way I see our needs paning out are in no particular order OL/DL/DB/WR.

I am really starting to think that with our second round pick we should not focus on one position. We have a few positions of need being o line, wr, dline, and a nickle cornerback. I would be very happy if we took the best available player at both our 2nd and 3rd round picks no matter what position it is.

wr and d-line might be adressed through free agency so cornerback is not a bad idea at all with our 2nd or 3rd rounder.

I think we do need another corner with our 2nd or 3rd round pick. Not for this year, but for next. If there is a corner where we pick that is significantly better than the DE prospects avialable, I say we should go for one. Springs and Harris are gettin up there in age, and aside from Rogers we have nothing behind them.

Not exactly right now...but Walt and Springs are getting old and banged up. I wouldn't mind having that one extra guy that can step in as a starter. The words "This one has all the tools to be a fine nickel back year one in the NFL" are music to my ears.

For sure worth a look and looks great athletically.

But, if we have our eyes on a DE that we really like and is available...pick the DE above the CB.

He reminds me alot of Carlos Rogers...He would be a great choice as we definately need CB help...We should address WR and DE in FA...

I think eventually we need to move Springs to FS(He has the size and physicality), and slide Taylor to SS and bring in another corner to start w/Rogers...If Marshall is available why not take him and start that move early...

It's hard to say at this point before free agency what we should be focusing on in the draft. If we are able to pick up a de like kampman or howard or someone else through free agency then I think depth at corner is crucial. Carlos had a great year but Springs is not getting any younger. Springs has incredible technique and would be a perfect mentor for two young promising corners.

Obviously WR is another need but I would be shocked if we didnt take care of that through free agency as well in which case Mike Haas in the third would make me oh so happy.

Needless to say, don't rule out a corner in the 2nd.

Archived