Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com TV - Doesn't work for me.

dgreen

I see everything but the actual video. I see the channels and selections on the right. I see the pause/play button (it always shows pause). But, a video never plays. I don't hear audio either. I click on a video, I see it doing stuff at the bottom of my Netscape or IE window, but nothing plays.

Any help?

I normally use Firefox, and I don't think it supports ActiveX. I get nothing when using Firefox on redskins.com, probably because they use ActiveX scripting. So I am forced to use Internet Explorer, which works fine. I don't like using it because of its multitude of security holes, but it's the only way to see some web sites. If you aren't using IE, give it a try.

If you are using IE, maybe you have the security settings too tight for redskins.com. Try making redskins.com one of your "trusted sites."

Here is a discussion of Firefox vs IE that confirms that some sites won't work with Firefox. I wish redskins.com would wise up and quit using ActiveX and/or whatever makes it inaccessible to Firefox, which is becoming more popular all the time.

From what i'm experiencing at my work... our firewall blocks it because it re-directs it's content to another site when you click play onto the videos. Since I'm one of the IT dudes here I asked my firewall team about it and that's why it keeps getting blocked.

If you notice where the weatherbug app should be it always says " Connecting to Server"

I can't get it at work, but that is because the proxy settings for flash aren't set right, so I am stuck watching everything at home...

are you at work or home?

Yes, I'm at work. Some of the security settings are probably the problem. Probably should mess with those.

Archived