Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Saunders hiring effect the QB situation?

bubba9497

Just curious, how much input Saunders will have in player desicions, and if he maybe interested in keeping Ramsey over Brunell, if Campbell isn't ready yet.

I doubt it, but I was thinking Ramsey has simular talents to that of Trent Green, whom Saunders has worked with the past several years.

I think comparing Ramsey to Green is a little much at this point. Green wasn't very mobile, but he wasn't a statue either. Brunell and Campbell can both stand in the pocket, and scramble when needed.

But a new offensive coordinator is bound to shake up the QB situation a little bit.

Just curious, how much input Saunders will have in player desicions, and if he maybe interested in keeping Ramsey over Brunell, if Campbell isn't ready yet.

I doubt it, but I was thinking Ramsey has simular talents to that of Trent Green, whom Saunders has worked with the past several years.

This is one of many questions that have already popped into my head since reading the news. It's going to be an interesting off-season. :)

I think comparing Ramsey to Green is a little much at this point. Green wasn't very mobile, but he wasn't a statue either. Brunell and Campbell can both stand in the pocket, and scramble when needed.

But a new offensive coordinator is bound to shake up the QB situation a little bit.

I was thinking more of arm strength, size and experience.

Ramsey is just as mobile as Green

At this point in his career, if anything, Trent Green is less mobile than Ramsey. He may have a better feel for the pocket, but he is slow. I mean SLOW. What's missing in the passing offense right now that KC had, and that you need to be successful with a pocket passer like Ramsey, is plays designed to get the ball out of the QB's hands fast. Same thing they do with Brady in New England, another QB who I suppose is not mobile enough to play in the NFL.

What they ought to do and what they will do are two different things. Maybe this changes Ramsey's perspective on wanting stay in DC, though?

learned over the years. Ramsey is accurate, after he settles down

Maybe you're right. I seem to remember Green being quite accurate even in his younger days with the Skins. I know Ramsey has a tendency to settle down as games get going, but I'm still a little skeptical that he can be a consistently accurate QB. If I had to guess, I would say that Campbell will be the guy. I've always been a big Ramsey fan though, and it would be great to see him finally shine as a Skin. It's going to be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Maybe you're right. I seem to remember Green being quite accurate even in his younger days with the Skins. I know Ramsey has a tendency to settle down as games get going, but I'm still a little skeptical that he can be a consistently accurate QB. If I had to guess, I would say that Campbell will be the guy. I've always been a big Ramsey fan though, and it would be great to see him finally shine as a Skin. It's going to be interesting to see how this unfolds.

If Campbell is the guy, you're giving up on next year. We can't do that. At least I hope we don't.

I like where your going with that and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

WHY IS IT ONLY JANUARY!!!

Part of me wonders if maybe one of the motivating factors behind this move is Gibbs wanting to insulate himself from what will be the inevitable benching of Brunell.

That's an interesting thought. If this accelerates the transition from Brunell then I'm all for it. Not that I'm against getting Saunders even if Brunell starts next year.

And AJ, even if you're against Cambell starting you have to admit he'd be better than Brunell if this team decides against keeping Ramsey.

Archived