Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I need help. Somebody from Maryland.

NASMTrainer

I need somebody that lives in Maryland that can answer some questions about the eastern part. My wife is being transferred and we have a couple of choices. I need somebody that is not real busy right now and can go back and forth in pm's. Thanks.

If you mean the Eastern Shore, fire away.....

I've gotten 3 pm's with people wanting to help and I thank you guy's for it. My wife and I are just trying to get a mental picture of the Eastern Shore area (Salisbury) . Schools, cost of living and most important, do the Redskins get blacked out on DirecTV

The schools are bad news bears here in Salisbury...unless you are willing to pay for private school. The schools are very overcrowded and not nearly as good as schools on the western shore.

Cost of living is much lower than the western shore, i think the median income is around $30,000, probably a little bit more.

The skins games are always on. I think one gamethey didnt play on tv and we had to hike to a bar.

If you like the water, you'll really like it here. There are some very nice neighborhoods (luckily i live in a good one) but there are also some not so nice neighborhoods.

PM me if you need more info :)

some other big differences: it's very flat here and when it rains a lot, the roads like to flood. If both you and your wife work, you have to watch out because the kids get one or two hour delays frequently because of heavy fog. also it is much more slow paced than i was use to (i dont know how fast paced Malta, NY is)

some other big differences: it's very flat here and when it rains a lot, the roads like to flood. If both you and your wife work, you have to watch out because the kids get one or two hour delays frequently because of heavy fog. also it is much more slow paced than i was use to (i dont know how fast paced Malta, NY is)

LOL, fast paced and Malta are 2 words never used in the same sentence up here. This is upstate NY. As long as there good places to eat, movie theaters, bowling alleys and sports for kids, we will be just fine. We are used to doing with each other, it's hard to have friends when you move all the time. My wife has been with the company for 11 years, we have been in NY for 5, that's the longest.

LOL, fast paced and Malta are 2 words never used in the same sentence up here. This is upstate NY. As long as there good places to eat, movie theaters, bowling alleys and sports for kids, we will be just fine. We are used to doing with each other, it's hard to have friends when you move all the time. My wife has been with the company for 11 years, we have been in NY for 5, that's the longest.

well you should be fine here. the ocean is a big plus, there is a lot to do from may-october (salisbury is a little under 30 minutes away from Ocean City)! plus im here, so that makes salisbury even better :silly:

Archived