Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DANTE HALL as our #2

skinz1972

I'm not trying to be mean, there is really a moron thread where people make really stupid ideas. If you want a KR/WR look at Koren Robinson from the Vikings. He has expressed that he wants to be a redskin in 2006 and is going to the probowl for kick returns. Dante Hall is too valuable to the chiefs and won't trade him.

Because Dante is not a great receiver, and we can't afford to trade our 2nd round (first pick) and allow 75 or more people drafted before we even get a shot.

He's barely a good receiver, anyways. He does a very good job (in most people's opinion) as a KR. I think he tries to dodge and dance too much on his returns, and he needs to just turn his speed upfield and break long runs that way. He's not even the #2 guy in KC, and pretty much specializes with special teams.

He'd be a pretty good addition, but not for a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year. If KC would go for a 3rd round pick next year, I'd say consider it. At the same time, he's small, maybe even smaller than Moss. I thought we were looking for a larger guy to bang some bodies around and block downfield?

There is a thread called "The Moron Thread" just so you know. Please be realistic here.

Serious. Someone posted a "thought process before posting" guideline on here awhile back. I need to book mark it and use it more often on the 'moron' threads.

4 kr's for td's in 4 games 2 yrs ago is lucky?atleast he wouldnt wait til man is in his face to call fair-catch.

I wouldn't call his stats lucky, but I've watched him lose a significant amount of yardage by trying to be cute returning the ball down the field. Catching the ball at the 10 and turning backwards to the 5 to try to run across field has been proven to be a failure vastly more often than it's successful. Hall tries this move far, far too often to be worth a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick this year.

I've got nothing against him, but I don't think he's what we need. He's also firmly entrenched in KC, with a large portion of the fan base there really liking him. Why go somewhere and have to work a lot harder and risk more injury if he's got a good job basically returning kicks in a city that really likes him? I don't see him leaving for a #2 spot with another team. It would take a primary receiver position to tempt him away, and he's not going to be given that opportunity with the Skins.

why not trade our 2nd round pick to kc for him,or a 3rd?:2cents:

Dude, Hall is not a good WR. Besides, we already have the speedster at WR, we need the big hands. Plus, you can get a good KR in the draft in like the 5-7 rounds, no need to waste our second or third on him when we need lots of help elsewhere.

Archived