Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I hate to burst the bubble on the Wayne heads out there, but...

cfujskins

Lloyd may want more then Wayne. he is younger, and more talented in my opinion. Wayne had other superstars around him to help make him look good. Brandon Lloyd has made himself a superstar with a sub par supporting cast. I would prefer B. Lloyd, but we wont be able to afford him either Im afraid.

Arnaz Battle

And if Wayne comes to DC, he will have Moss.

In case you all haven't noticed, Peyton Manning runs the show there in Indy. He even decides when they will punt ;)

I'm quite sure that Peyton would like to keep Wayne since he doesn't get along especially well with Harrison or James. Just don't expect Manning to give up any of his millions to do so.

From a management standpoint, both Harrison's and James's best years are behind them. I'm sure they could both contribute at a relatively high level for the next 1-2 years. But Wayne has 5-6 years left. Who would you pay?

Some things people seem to forget or be ignorant of.

1. Reggie Wayne decides whether he becomes a free agent or resigns with the Colts, not the Colts. They could offer him the moon and if he doesn't want to take it he doesn't have to. If Wayne wants to go elsewhere, he will.

2. We could afford Wayne. If Arrington restructures, and a few other expected restucturings / cuts take place, then we can afford a pretty big contract. Whether or not the team thinks that's the right course of action remains to be seen.

But here's another thing that can't be forgotten or ignorant of: The Franchise tag.

IF they really have made up there minds to let Edge walk and can't get a deal done with Wayne, then the tag comes and "Wayne and Harrison will be in a Colts uniform". And if that happens, then your second point is moot because it requires 1 or more 1st rd draft picks to get him. Wow, now I see why players hate to be tagged.

And remember, Polian is not afraid to use that tag.

But here's another thing that can't be forgotten or ignorant of: The Franchise tag.

IF they really have made up there minds to let Edge walk and can't get a deal done with Wayne, then the tag comes and "Wayne and Harrison will be in a Colts uniform". And if that happens, then your second point is moot because it requires 1 or more 1st rd draft picks to get him. Wow, now I see why players hate to be tagged.

Yeah but he has to be payed as high as the top 3 players at his position for that season. And at Wide Reciever, that's a BOAT load of money! May as well ship Freeman, Edge, and June out right now if that's what they're going to do.

It would be great to have Freeney or Wayne on the Redskins, but its not prudent to get into a bidding war over free agents. Remember last offseason the Redskins didn't get into a bidding war, and targeted free agents who would fit with the team, and the result was a 10-6 record and a playoff win against Tampa.

Why would you want to sign a WR to a big contract that needs a good supporting cast to produce? Reggie Wayne is overrated.

I don't agree with this considering I think at times Wayne has been Indy's first option and is more than capable of being one...BUT

We have a good supporting cast! What are you talking about? All we need is a QB and a WR and we'll be setting offensive records. ;)

On the Riggo Show with Czaban they are talking about playing Campbell because Saunders who worked magic with Kurt Warner and then T Green

That's funny. Martz used to be the QB genius who got credit for Warner. Now it's all Saunders doing? :laugh:

EDIT: Martz was QB coach in DC when Green developed too, and took Green with him to St. Louis.

You're right, I forgot about that pesky Franchise tag. We never use it so I forget about it's exisitence sometimes, LOL!

That would suck for the player. Nobody will pay the cost of 2 first rounders for 99.5% of all players. Meanwhile, the player is stuck with a team that they either don't want to play for, or will not give them a long term deal so that they have security. That does suck.

Archived