Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

what is a supergroup today

england

Here is a list of soem supergroups past and present.

Renowned supergroups

* A Perfect Circle - Maynard James Keenan (Tool); Josh Freese (The Vandals), James Iha (Smashing Pumpkins); Jeordie White (aka Twiggy Ramirez of Marilyn Manson); (Former or Temporary Members) Danny Lohner (Nine Inch Nails); Tim Alexander (Primus); Paz Lenchantin (Zwan) ; Troy Van Leeuwen (Failure)

* Asia - Geoff Downes (Yes and Buggles), John Wetton (King Crimson and UK), Steve Howe (Yes), and Carl Palmer (Emerson Lake and Palmer)

* Alter Bridge - Myles Kennedy (The Mayfield Four); Mark Tremonti, Brian Marshall, Scott Phillips (all Creed)

* Army Of Anyone - Richard Patrick (Filter), Robert DeLeo and Dean Deleo (Stone Temple Pilots), Ray Luzier (David Lee Roth)

* Audioslave - Chris Cornell (Soundgarden); Tom Morello, Tim Commerford, Brad Wilk (Rage Against The Machine).

* Bad Company - Paul Rodgers and Simon Kirke from Free, Mott The Hoople's Mick Ralphs, and Boz Burrell from King Crimson.

* Black Star - Mos Def; Talib Kweli.

* Blind Faith - Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker (Cream); Steve Winwood (Traffic); Rick Grech (Family).

* Captain Beyond - Rod Evans (Deep Purple); Rhino Rheinhardt and Lee Dorman (Iron Butterfly); Bobby Caldwell (The Johnny Winter Band)

* Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains - Les Claypool, Brian Mantia (Primus); Buckethead (Guns N'Roses); Bernie Worrell (Parliament/Funkadelic)

* Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - David Crosby (The Byrds); Stephen Stills (Buffalo Springfield); Graham Nash (The Hollies); Neil Young (Buffalo Springfield)

* Cream - Eric Clapton; Jack Bruce; Ginger Baker

* Damn Yankees - Ted Nugent; Jack Blades (Night Ranger) Tommy Shaw (Styx)

* David Lee Roth Band - David Lee Roth (Van Halen); Steve Vai (Frank Zappa); Billy Sheehan (Mr. Big, "the Eddie Van Halen of bass"); Gregg Bissonette (Maynard Ferguson).

* Demons and Wizards - Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian); Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth).

* Derek and the Dominos - among the members of this one-shot supergroup were Eric Clapton and Duane Allman (strictly speaking, Allman was a guest; however, the band only recorded a single album, featuring Allman).

* Electronic - Bernard Sumner of New Order and Johnny Marr of The Smiths, with one or both members of the Pet Shop Boys on certain tracks; and one member of Kraftwerk on even rarer occasions.

* Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Keith Emerson (The Nice); Greg Lake (King Crimson); Carl Palmer (Atomic Rooster).

* The Faces - Rod Stewart; Ron Wood; Ronnie Lane; Kenney Jones; Ian McLaglan.

* Fantômas - Mike Patton (Faith No More); Buzz Osborne (The Melvins), Dave Lombardo (Slayer) and Trevor Dunn (Mr. Bungle)

* Foo Fighters - formed by Dave Grohl (Nirvana), other members including Pat Smear (The Germs, Nirvana) (1995-97), William Goldsmith (Sunny Day Real Estate) (1995-1997), Nate Mendel (Sunny Day Real Estate) (1995-present), Chris Shiflett (No Use for a Name) (1999-present), Taylor Hawkins (backing band for Alanis Morissette) (1997-present), and Franz Stahl (1997-1999)

* Foreigner - formed by Mick Jones (Spooky Tooth), Lou Gramm (Black Sheep), and Ian McDonald (King Crimson)

* Gorillaz - Damon Albarn (Blur), Dan the Automator, Guests Include DJ Danger Mouse, Del tha Funkee Homosapien, Miho Hatori...

* Gutterball - a Paisley Underground tour de force that consisted of Steve Wynn of Dream Syndicate, Stephen McCarthy of The Long Ryders and Brian Harvey and Johnny Hott of House of Freaks.

* The Highwaymen - Willie Nelson; Johnny Cash; Kris Kristofferson; Waylon Jennings. All members had long solo careers behind them.

* Led Zeppelin - a marginal case, because although Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones were famous and respected when the band formed as The New Yardbirds, the other half of the group were relative unknowns at the time (albeit very competent unknowns). Page's original intention for the group was to include other well known musicians for the vocalist and drummers spots.

* Liquid Tension Experiment - John Petrucci (Dream Theater), Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater), Jordan Rudess (now Dream Theater), Tony Levin (King Crimson)

* Mike & the Mechanics - members included Mike Rutherford (Genesis); Paul Carrack (Ace, Squeeze); Paul Young (Sad Café).

* Oysterhead - Trey Anastasio (Phish); Les Claypool (Primus); Stewart Copeland (The Police).

* The Plastic Ono Band - John Lennon (The Beatles); Yoko Ono; Eric Clapton; Klaus Voorman; Alan White (who later joined Yes).

* Power Station - Robert Palmer; John Taylor and Andy Taylor (Duran Duran); Tony Thompson (Chic).

* TransAtlantic - Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater); Pete Trewavas (Marillion); Roine Stolt (The Flower Kings); Neal Morse (ex-Spock's Beard).

* The Traveling Wilburys - Roy Orbison; Tom Petty; George Harrison; Bob Dylan; Jeff Lynne.

* U.K. - Eddie Jobson, Terry Bozzio, John Wetton, Bill Bruford and Allan Holdsworth

* Velvet Revolver - Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots); Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum (Guns n' Roses); Dave Kushner (Wasted Youth)

* Yes - who began as a mere group but became a true supergroup with the members Steve Howe, Rick Wakeman and Alan White.

* Zwan - Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin (Smashing Pumpkins); Matt Sweeney (Chavez); David Pajo (Tortoise, Slint, Papa M); Paz Lenchantin (A Perfect Circle)

This list is missing XYZ which had Jimmy Page (LZ) and Chris Squire and Alan White from Yes, the Firm which had Jimmy Page (LZ) and Paul Rodgers (Bad Co.), and the Honeydrippers which had Robert Plant (LZ) Jimmy Page (LZ) and Jeff Beck (Yardbirds).

This list is missing XYZ which had Jimmy Page (LZ) and Chris Squire and Alan White from Yes, the Firm which had Jimmy Page (LZ) and Paul Rodgers (Bad Co.), and the Honeydrippers which had Robert Plant (LZ) Jimmy Page (LZ) and Jeff Beck (Yardbirds).
wow for a an hour then i thought you were going to over emphasis

no american english does not exist only english

I know. You saw the smilie, right? I was trying to say in a lighthearted way that your post was incomprehensible to me due to the poor grammar and or sentence structure, so I didn't know what you were trying to say.

I know. You saw the smilie, right? I was trying to say in a lighthearted way that your post was incomprehensible to me due to the poor grammar and or sentence structure, so I didn't know what you were trying to say.
we are music fans around the same eraaaaaaa so lets chill out

• 2 weeks later...

What about Queens of the StoneAge.. they are kind of falling off now, but when Dave Grohl was with them, they were hot.

But the rest of that band has been EVERYWHERE, I've looked at the band tree of eveyone who's been in QotSA, and its impossible to figure out.

Archived