Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patrick Ramsey's Value

hitmandm

With so many teams needing quarterbacks and so few young QBs available, why is the price for Ramsey a mid rounder? Chicago was going to give us a first rounder 2 years ago, and that ended up being the 4th pick. Now, I know Ramsey's value has been hurt, but a young QB with a cannon arm and starting experience is worth more than a a 4th round pick. I'd say, if we don't get a 2nd for him, we don't trade him. He is worth more to be our backup even at a salcap hit.

Get all the teams that want a QB to bid for PR and I bet that we get a 2nd rounder. I think the papers and these NFL columnists are creating a market that is below PR's value. Because they are talking about 3rd or 4th rounder, teams will not be willing to trade higher because they don't want to be lambasted in the press...so the columnists need to stop. We need to shift the discussion from mid rounder to second rounder...because in a supply/demand market...that is his value.

The problem is, that a lot of the teams with QB needs are already at the top of the draft, where there is plenty of choices to choose from. Shoot, someone could even take a chance on Marcus Vick as a project.

Another thing is there might be a LOT of QBs in free agency this year.

In tabulating his total value, I think you have to throw in the fact that he is the man-love heart-throb of hundreds of football fans.

Dammit, so undeserved by poor pat, so lame, and I will pay so dearly. :silly:

But the price of humor must be paid for all to be truly free to laugh. :laugh:

I would guess 3rd round pick with the potential for a 2nd round pick. Ramsey looks like he can be a starting QB immediately for a lot of teams and a lot of teams need a new starter-- Oakland, Miami, New Orleans, Arizona, Cleveland, Detroit, maybe Baltimore, New York Jets, Buffalo, maybe Tennessee, maybe Minnesota, maybe Dallas, maybe Houston. The draft doesn't have that many good QBs. Plus, with Phillip Rivers off the market, there is one less potential starting QB available.

I dont think the issue is the trade value..because w/MB showing sgins of aging, having PR as an insurance policy(JC cant be relied on to just come in and kick butt)is worth far more than a 3rd or 4th rounder...

but I think its a LC and RG situation like last year expect PR will keep it quiet. If the Skins dont get the trade done I think PR will take the demand public.

The problem is, that a lot of the teams with QB needs are already at the top of the draft, where there is plenty of choices to choose from. Shoot, someone could even take a chance on Marcus Vick as a project.

Another thing is there might be a LOT of QBs in free agency this year.

Detroit, Miami, Buffalo, Jets, Oakland and Vikes are the teams who will not be able to address their QB need in first round. Most of the teams have mid round 2nds that will allow them to reasonable trade for PR.

The Ravens might try and give Boller another chance but woundnt mind trading for another.

The Qbs on the market are damaged goods. I don't think PR is that damaged that we couldnt get a 2nd rounder for him. His arm is strong and he has been seasoned on a playoff team.

W

I recall reading in chat on ESPN a few weeks ago that Ramsey's value was epxected to be a 3rd, possibly 2nd rounder due to the number of teams that were looking for a quarterback. I would gladly settle for a 3rd rounder. I think its important not to wait too long..(remember the Gardner situation)

I dont think the issue is the trade value..because w/MB showing sgins of aging, having PR as an insurance policy(JC cant be relied on to just come in and kick butt)is worth far more than a 3rd or 4th rounder...

but I think its a LC and RG situation like last year expect PR will keep it quiet. If the Skins dont get the trade done I think PR will take the demand public.

I think what you say is trade value, in part. I agree...PR is worth more to us than anything less than a 2nd rounder. Why, because he is a good QB. If he totally sucked, we would just pick up some stiff FA qb to fill his shoes. But he doesn't suck (by far) and is in part why his trade value is a 2nd rounder. I also believe that other teams will think the same. We just can't let the press pigeonhole the trade value, which could affect his market.

I think what you say is trade value, in part. I agree...PR is worth more to us than anything less than a 2nd rounder. Why, because he is a good QB. If he totally sucked, we would just pick up some stiff FA qb to fill his shoes. But he doesn't suck (by far) and is in part why his trade value is a 2nd rounder. I also believe that other teams will think the same. We just can't let the press pigeonhole the trade value, which could affect his market.

I wasnt vey clear, my bad. What I was saying is trading him would be a huge blow to the team just to get a 3rd rounder but I'm pretty sure PR and his agent will DEMAND a trade. He's too good(or has too much potential)to be riding pine w/all the teams that need Qbs. I doubt he will make it to another spring training comp because it would be better for him to get a fresh start as the #1 Qb elsewhere. I personally think he will be great once this is the case.

Detroit, Miami, Buffalo, Jets, Oakland and Vikes are the teams who will not be able to address their QB need in first round. Most of the teams have mid round 2nds that will allow them to reasonable trade for PR.

The Ravens might try and give Boller another chance but woundnt mind trading for another.

The Qbs on the market are damaged goods. I don't think PR is that damaged that we couldnt get a 2nd rounder for him. His arm is strong and he has been seasoned on a playoff team.

W

We don't know what will happen.

There is an Aaron Brooks (I think he can be a good QB with the right team, someone is going to take a chance on him). There might be a Daunte Culpepper (not too long ago having a great season). Jon Kitna isn't far from a decent season as well. There are other likely FA QBs, but I just can't think of them right now.

Jets have the 4th pick overall and might even have a shot at Vince Young if Titans take D'Brickshaw or maybe they will take Jay Cutler.

Phillip Rivers is now off the market, but Volek, Schaub are still possibilities to trade for instead of Rivers.

I wasnt vey clear, my bad. What I was saying is trading him would be a huge blow to the team just to get a 3rd rounder but I'm pretty sure PR and his agent will DEMAND a trade. He's too good(or has too much potential)to be riding pine w/all the teams that need Qbs. I doubt he will make it to another spring training comp because it would be better for him to get a fresh start as the #1 Qb elsewhere. I personally think he will be great once this is the case.

Youre right about that trade Demand, which could hurt his value. Also, Gibbs may have had a handshake deal with PR to trade him and teams might not be willing to overpay.

It is going to be an interesting offseason.

I would guess 3rd round pick with the potential for a 2nd round pick. Ramsey looks like he can be a starting QB immediately for a lot of teams and a lot of teams need a new starter-- Oakland, Miami, New Orleans, Arizona, Cleveland, Detroit, maybe Baltimore, New York Jets, Buffalo, maybe Tennessee, maybe Minnesota, maybe Dallas, maybe Houston. The draft doesn't have that many good QBs. Plus, with Phillip Rivers off the market, there is one less potential starting QB available.

Take out Buffalo who drafted J.P. Losman last 2 years ago. Arizona has done well with the guys they have and I doubt they would value PR as a 2nd rounder, maybe a third. Minnessota wouldn't be interested unless you know something I don't about Culpeppers knee. Houston would have 0 interest in PR, with Carr currently starting, and quite possibly a decision to bring their hometown boy Vince young home. The rest are possibilities.

The only teams that I could see giving up a 2nd rounder would be maybe, Oakland, Miami, or New Orleans. But their 2nd rounders are so high I think we would have to package a pick with PR.

Archived