Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers

tenken627

Much has been said about our 2004 draft picks, Sean Taylor and Chris Cooley.

But Carlos Rogers has proven that he is a STUD at CB position. He does need some work on his coverage skills, but that'll improve after a year under his belt. He had a pretty good rookie year and had to break into the starting lineup the Gregg Williams way.

The guy can flat out HIT, almost like a Sean Taylor lite. He tackles well in open field. Helps out in run support. And if you catch a ball near him, be prepared to get pummeled (that hit on Anquan Boldin was great!).

There was so much preseason hype over Rolle and Pacman Jones earlier this year. And I admit, I was kinda depressed that we didn't get Rolle (the U!), but now looking back, I am quite happy that we got CR. I was worried about him in the offseason when his foot injury came out, but it seems to be fully healed and he hasn't lost a step.

He is a great compliment to Shawn Springs, and this could be the start of a very long and productive Redskins career! (Fred Smoot who?)

With Sean Taylor, Chris Cooley, and Carlos Rogers already producing and paying dividends immediately, I can't wait to see who we draft this year!

Rogers needs to learn how to catch a ball as well. He had many dropped interceptions that could of been big. The one he dropped in Seattle could have been a game winner. We would have had all the momentum at that point, and the crowd was getting taken out of the game just before he dropped that ball. I know it is hard, but those guys are suppose to have the best hands on defense. He had a straight line to the end zone, and he just blew it. I agree that he will get a lot better.

I do agree that i was a bit disappointed when we didnt draft Antrel Rolle or PacMan, but from what i've seen from Rogers, I'd have to say that he was the best CB that was picked in the 1st round of the draft. Better than PacMan, Antrel and what ever other CB's were drafted. He will be a great CB with more experience.

What could have been had Carlos picked that ball against the Seahawks...

To his credit he made an incredible play on the ball to close that quickly on the defender and there was a bit of contact that made it difficult for what appeared to be an easy pick.

Before we give him too much of a hard time on that play, there are few CB's that would have been able to put themselves in that position in the first place. This all against the NFC's top passer at home...

When you look at the likes of Cooley, Rogers, and Taylor and how they have produced in their early careers, its safe to say that Gibbs and his staff are true masters of evaluating NFL talent once again. Rogers is young but their is no doubt this guy can play.

Next generation D. Green? Who knows.

not this year, but I see us looking for another young CB in the '07 draft. Springs although a very good CB seems to be starting to show his age with all of the injuries he had this year. Anyway, maybe we could move him to Safety like Ronnie Lott.

With Sean Taylor, Chris Cooley, and Carlos Rogers already producing and paying dividends immediately, I can't wait to see who we draft this year!

Yep, the draft is finally starting to be a positive for us. I'm looking forward to this years draft.

Archived