Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And with the 52nd overall pick, the Washington Redskins choose....

rvan1

Which injury hurt us most this year ?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which injury hurt us most this year ?

• David Patten
    • Randy Thomas
    • Brunell's nagging injury
    • Portis' nagging injury
    • Chris Clemons
    • Robert Johnson
    • Tom Tupa
    • Brandon Noble
    • Manuel White
    • Shawn Springs' nagging injury
    • Renaldo Wynn
    • Other - not included

Seeing as we'll end up having the 52nd overall pick, who do you go for?

1. i think sinorice would be a great pick, if he stays that long. i dont think he will because teams will look at the smaller, speedier receivers long this offseason after the success of smith and moss.

2. another option would be michigan's wr steve breston. he'll fly under the radar as michigan didnt do as well as expected.

3. skins should also consider tennessee DL paris harylson. he's got some SERIOUS rushing skills.

what do yall think?

I don't understand everyone on the Sinorice bandwagon. He is like 5 foot 7. Trust me when I say there are better prospects out there for our 2nd round pick. Please do some research on college players before you jump on the Sinorice bandwagon. Personally, I think the best thing to do would be to pick up a wr in free agency and trade ramsey for a 3rd round pick. take the 3rd and package it to move up in the second round. then draft a guy like Manny Lawson or Daryll Tapp.

Newsflash

Sinorice is NOT THAT GREAT

Look at his numbers. He had 67 catches in 4 years

Santana set the recieving record at Miami

We need to get a DE with our pick

college numbers dont outweigh potential to me. just look at desmond howard's numbers in college-- great. pro? horrible. the redskins should look for a physically prototypical receiver instead of some college stud.

:applause: I'll second that. Go DE in the draft and get a WR in free agency. In later rounds get OG & TE. If after 3 years Dockery & Royal can't whip the paints off of mid-round rookies this & next year, they need to go.

I thought Dock had a pretty damn good year...

Daryll Tapp would be a very nice addition. Good motor, smart, stays healthy, and is a very high character guy.

I agree. He'll likely be gone by pick 52 though unless he runs a really bad 40 time. I think that's what we'll end up getting. One of these top DE prospects will run a bad 40 and everyone will pass on him. Teams may realize that 40s are virtually useless when it comes to evaluating DEs though.

Why is everyone so obsessed with Sinorice Moss. He's a slower Antonio Brown. He won't get drafted in the 2nd round, that's crazy.

I'd like to see us draft DE Eric Henderson out of Georgia Tech.

1. His brother is our best player

2. Yes he will get drafted in late 1st early 2nd...Roscoe Parrish talent + Santana Moss' brother = reach

I'd go DB really. I think we can make do with Evans. He's looking pretty good. We could use another DT with a big motor to spell Griffin and Salavea. Someone who can collapse the pocket. That's a tremendous ingredient in generating a pass rush. Then you can guarantee your ends being 1v1. We can get one in FA or 3rd round.

Springs is 30 and was hurt a lot this year. We all know Harris is done. Rogers even got hurt. Jimoh helps and is ready to contribute. But I think we need to have 5 solid DBs for GW's system to work. That will give us more coverage type sacks. Hell, we were using Safeties as DB's for crying out loud!

Chances of getting a good DB in 2nd round are much higher than getting a good DL.

Oh and as for Tapp don't buy it. I love Va Tech. Don't get me wrong. Even coached the Adibis (how nice would it be to have Xav at WLB?!?!?) But Va Tech ends don't translate well to the NFL. Except for Bruce Smith who was just a freak. Va Tech uses a lot of undersized guys with a lot of speed. They rotate the fresh guy a lot. But I can't remember one DE that made it to the NFL that really made an impact since Bruce.

Somewhere along the line for receiver I'd like to see the Skins look at Jovan Bouknight, U of Wyoming. Maybe not huge but he has excellent hands, speed and the best part he was all Wyo. had, everyone knew it and they still couldn't stop him. No benefit from a running game and had to play with a terrible QB. Yea, I'm a Wyoming guy, But I've watched him play for 4 years. He'll prob go in a low round if at all because he's from Wyo.(talk about NO RESPECT) I don't know how to link anything, but a search for the name will get a person there if you were to have the time or couriosity. The Mountain West is a smaller confrence, but is as pass happy as they come. See, BYU, Utah CSU, SDSU. Actually the #1 drft choice last year was from this confrence in Alex Smith. Just a thought as a #3 WR rookie and PR. :2cents: Don't be hatin', I gotta represent my "U".:wavetowel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as #52 I'd hate to use this high on O line but that's what is needed

Archived