Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And with the 52nd overall pick, the Washington Redskins choose....

rvan1

Which injury hurt us most this year ?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which injury hurt us most this year ?

• David Patten
    • Randy Thomas
    • Brunell's nagging injury
    • Portis' nagging injury
    • Chris Clemons
    • Robert Johnson
    • Tom Tupa
    • Brandon Noble
    • Manuel White
    • Shawn Springs' nagging injury
    • Renaldo Wynn
    • Other - not included

I still think David Anderson of CSU

Anderson went to a nearby high school and played with Ben Olson. Olson = the next Leinart. He also plays for UCLA. Anderson is a little guy, but he has a ton of heart. Martin Nance looks like a beast. 6'5 and can run a sub 4.4? That's Randy Mossesque.

Claude Wroten DT LSU, that is..however..if no legit pass rushing DE is available. Wroten absolutely BLOWS up the middle and was projected to be a 1st round pick. However; he had a little run in with the police regarding mary jane, so you should see his stock drop a little bit. I realize we already have two legit DT's, but if this guy is available with no real DE's on the board, we have got to take him. He gets a serious serious push through the line to disrupt the QB. He was LSU's best DL hands down this year. Him and Williams dominated Olines. We picked up another gem in the 2nd round because of his run in with mary jane, his name was Fred Smoot. I see Claude falling down to the 2nd or 3rd, we have got to take this guy. I think he'll be better than Booger McFarland.

DE DE DE. And if we do draft a WR, it better not be anyone from Florida(Gators).

This draft is really strong for DEs. There should be a few solid ones available in the 2rd round including Manny Lawson and Darryl Tapp.

This is without a doubt the way to go unless someone drops that we cannot pass up. I would not be in favor of drafting A WR and would rather go to Free Agency for that.

The best player available sounds like the right answer ! Even if it is a punter or kicker . Frost stinks he can't even get off a decent punt. John Hall has a dead injured leg ! When was the last time he kicked a ball into the endzone ? We should bringback Lavar Arrington . Dump Antonio Brown , John Hall , Derrick Frost , Patrick Ramsey , and Taylor Jacobs. Any draft pick or player would be ok . Thanks for a Great Season Redskins.

1. His brother is our best player

2. Yes he will get drafted in late 1st early 2nd...Roscoe Parrish talent + Santana Moss' brother = reach

I have to disagree. Moss is definitely not going to be drafted in the 1st round. If a team took him in the 2nd round then the GM should be immediately fired. He is ranked as the 5th to 7th best WR prospect in what is a weak draft for WRs.

I have to disagree. Moss is definitely not going to be drafted in the 1st round. If a team took him in the 2nd round then the GM should be immediately fired. He is ranked as the 5th to 7th best WR prospect in what is a weak draft for WRs.

I understand that he isn't 1st/2nd round matierial but he has the talent and the name which will uplift his stock. Kiper has him as one of the top 30 players in the draft. Kiper is usually in tune with the teams evaluations.

Chad Jackson will probably be gone...the bad thing for us is, the draft is not deep at DE and WR, I think we will be drafting 3rd round talent if we look at those 2 positions. BPA will be what will most likely happen, imo.

While I agree that the draft is not deep at all at WR (probably one of the worst in recent memory), I have to disagree with you regarding the DE position.

This draft is very deep at the DE position. Here are some of the DEs available:

Mario Williams

Mathias Kiwanuka

Tamba Hali

Manny Lawson

Kamerion Wimbley

Ray Edwards

Darryl Tapp

Parys Haralson

Elvis Dumervil

Eric Henderson

James Wyche

While I agree that the draft is not deep at all at WR (probably one of the worst in recent memory), I have to disagree with you regarding the DE position.

This draft is very deep at the DE position. Here are some of the DEs available:

Mario Williams

Mathias Kiwanuka

Tamba Hali

Manny Lawson

Kamerion Wimbley

Ray Edwards

Darryl Tapp

Parys Haralson

Elvis Dumervil

Eric Henderson

James Wyche

Your right about the DE's being deep, I just think that in the spot we are picking the guys with 2nd round talent will already be gone.

Don't we have the 57th pick, not 52?

32 picks in the first round, we were the lowest seeded team in the final 8, so we get the 25th pick in each round, yes?

32 + 25 = 57

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

my reasoning was that we finished the regular season ranked 12th overall, meaning 32+20 = 52... i could be wrong though.

I understand that he isn't 1st/2nd round matierial but he has the talent and the name which will uplift his stock. Kiper has him as one of the top 30 players in the draft. Kiper is usually in tune with the teams evaluations.

Wow you are right. Scouts Inc has Moss rated as the 27th best player. This is shocking to me. They have Tapp as # 22 which also baffles me. I mean I like the guy but he does not seem to be a 1st round pick.

Weird.

college numbers dont outweigh potential to me. just look at desmond howard's numbers in college-- great. pro? horrible. the redskins should look for a physically prototypical receiver instead of some college stud.

Yeah, you never want production from a guy coming out of college. :doh: :laugh:

That must be why Cooley was so good. He did squat in college. Oh wait, he caught hella passes. Nevermind. :doh:

Moss is not a prototypical WR.

And he doesn't have the gifts that Moss does.

Yeah, you never want production from a guy coming out of college. :doh: :laugh:

That must be why Cooley was so good. He did squat in college. Oh wait, he caught hella passes. Nevermind. :doh:

Moss is not a prototypical WR.

And he doesn't have the gifts that Moss does.

cooley had one good year in college. im never said you dont want production, i am arguing that potential can be huge too. ryan leaf had great college production, didnt he? look at all the players that went 3rd round or later that had little college production and turned out to be nfl stars. the list is endless, so dont go there.

and how is small and speed not prototypical. go check out the physical attributes of the NFLs top 2 receivers.

yeah, it's 57th pick, because draft position is contingent on playoffs. We actually would have had the 26th spot in the first round, because we have tiebreakers over New England in strength of schedule. Tied teams alternate who picks first by round. 57th is our first pick. Denver has our #26 overall.

yeah, it's 57th pick, because draft position is contingent on playoffs. We actually would have had the 26th spot in the first round, because we have tiebreakers over New England in strength of schedule. Tied teams alternate who picks first by round. 57th is our first pick. Denver has our #26 overall.

ah cool, my bad.

Archived