Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here's to SEATTLE for never committing PENALTIES!

smartestmaninamerica

How do you win a really big game? Simple, commit NO PENALTIES. If only we had known! (BTW, did anyone else notice #100 was wearing dark blue-green underwear?)

Oh well, I digress - WOWSERS - only 2 penalties for a total of 10 yards in a rainy physical playoff game in a noisy stadium? Not in the first quarter - I am talking about THE WHOLE GAME! Really impressive.

Remarkable that they NEVER COMMITTED "HOLDING" until the 4th quarter and then only once. One HOLDING CALL the whole game! Pretty impressive defensive discipline there.

Anyway, here is to you SEATTLE for committing only 2 penalties - one of which was negated as offsetting (I hear they signed a few zebras to their team as a late-season trade with the devil).

Oh us? Well were kind of a mess. 7 penalties for 50 yards.

So we committed MORE THAN 3 TIMES AS MANY PENALTIES as they did. No wonder we lost. :hammer:

P.S., I am just curious if anyone out there knows the NFL average for penalties during a game? Just 2 must be some sort of record for excellence :laugh:

I'm not going to cry too long about it but there line was holding from the get go. Blatant molestation! I couldnt believe what I was seeing and what wasnt getting called. If we just get one or two of those holds called it couldve been a completely different ballgame. I.E. Hasselbecks scramble for a score was a direct result of a hold. Ok I'm over it now! Thx

I'm not going to cry too long about it but there line was holding from the get go. Blatant molestation! I couldnt believe what I was seeing and what wasnt getting called. If we just get one or two of those holds called it couldve been a completely different ballgame. I.E. Hasselbecks scramble for a score was a direct result of a hold. Ok I'm over it now! Thx

It wouldn't have been so hard to take if the holding was so friggin BLATANT. One time the Seattle Offensive Lineman was actually being dragged behind our rusher by holding him right in front of the zebra and no call.

It wouldn't have been so hard to take if the holding was so friggin BLATANT. One time the Seattle Offensive Lineman was actually being dragged behind our rusher by holding him right in front of the zebra and no call.

I saw that one too. On the hasselback run or rollout wasn't it?

What a bunch of toads

Come on guys.....It really went both ways in this game - there were a ton of missed holding calls on the Skins as well - there was one run for a six or so yard gain by the skins where there were AT LEAST 2 different holds that helped to open the hold. I've heard it said before that you could pretty much call holding on almost ANY offensive play - because Linemen do whatever they can to stop the rush.

Don't even get me started on the Illegal Contact call against Andre Dyson where Moss blew him up - Dyson was standing in his spot and Moss initiated the contact.

Come on guys.....It really went both ways in this game - there were a ton of missed holding calls on the Skins as well - there was one run for a six or so yard gain by the skins where there were AT LEAST 2 different holds that helped to open the hold. I've heard it said before that you could pretty much call holding on almost ANY offensive play - because Linemen do whatever they can to stop the rush.

Don't even get me started on the Illegal Contact call against Andre Dyson where Moss blew him up - Dyson was standing in his spot and Moss initiated the contact.

Please go away and let us ***** and moan in peace... ;)

Holding was horrible all game long. The Hasselbeck TD run was a joke. Absolute joke.

And, even as a Skins fan.. I must add this was an identcal call that benefitted the Skins a few games ago. :( But there was a def hold on the Hasselhoff run for TD:mad:

Whats with all the crying? The Skins had plenty of oportunity to win the game. (three turnovers and almost a 4th.) You want to cry about something, cry about how our offense had 5 three and out to start the game. Cry about how our D couldn't stop a second string running back etc.....Holding happens and everybody does it. So grow up and stop all the whinning!

Saw a lot of holding on thier offensive line and no holding penalties. We get a drive going and we get called. Got an offensive pass interference call on us when thier cornerbacks were all over our reciever at the 3 yard line. That was 7 points! That was called back.

Thier defence played us really good against the run and shut us down but every time we'd get a drive going, we'd get called on a bogus holding call with the exception of one, when Chris Sammuals did a tackle block.

As far as I'm concerned, we shouldv'e won this game and could have if the refs stayed out of it. The seahawks played us tough but were not the better team. Call me a homer, whiner, sore looser or whatever but we got robbed again!

So in closing, I'm damn proud of this team. This is just the first step in our battle to the Superbowl. Thank you Joe Gibbs and the whole coaching staff for bringing back a winning tradition. Thank you Dan Snyder for bringing back Joe Gibbs and hopefully keeping Greg Williams here as our next head coach. And for once, I can say with certianty, wait until next year! HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

I'm a little petty about this kind of stuff too... and I explain it to my wife every game.

If HOLDING can be called on just about any play.... then by the end of the game... both teams should have the same amount of penalties. The only difference should be BLATANT stuff.

The only penalty Seattle had of note was a 5-yard encroachment penalty when we were deep in Seattle territory. This made it 1st and 5. However, on the very next play... the refs called an illegal formation penalty on the Redskins after Portis picked up the first down. Even though Moose Johnston showed on the replays that the formation was legal.

Now, Instead of 1st and goal at the 26 (or whatever) we had 1st and 10 on the 36. That was the possession in which we failed on 4th down and 9. Big change in the complexion of the game.

Honestly, I'm not blaming the refs on this game. We stunk. I just wish these types of situations wouldn't happen.... it gets frustrating.

Archived