Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Aren"t We The Division Champs?

ozskin

I have had to ad to this because of an influx of morons that cant read. I am well are of the reasons for why we didnt win the division. Our record was less than the Giants....NO *****. The point is, should it be this way? Should the division champ be the team that is on top at the end of the regular season? or the team that does the best through out the entire season (playoffs included)....

Currently we are the best team in the East. 11-6 ties the Giants, but we go ahead on divisional and conf. record. So my point is this, why aren't we the division champs? Should it be the best record at the end of the regular season? I mean, the Confrence champ isn't the team with the best record.

It is possible that we could win the superbowl, and the Giants would still be the champs of our division. Granted, i wouldn't give a **** if we won the whole thing. But i think you get my point.

:logo: Go Skins.

That's just the way it works.

The reason we're not division champs is because the Giants kicked our butts the first game, and/or the video on Alstott getting stopped short of the goal line was not conclusive enough to overturn the call.

I'll take Conference Champs or World Champs though!

I made the point to a co-worker of mine -- a retired NYPD officer and native New Yorker -- that our NFC East champs weren't skilled enough to carry our division guidon through the playoffs. However, after the Giants dropped it, stepped on it, and ground it into the mud, we're more than happy to pick it up, dust it off, and carry it the rest of the way!

Currently we are the best team in the East. 11-6 ties the Giants, but we go ahead on divisional and conf. record. So my point is this, why aren't we the division champs? Should it be the best record at the end of the regular season? I mean, the Confrence champ isn't the team with the best record.

It is possible that we could win the superbowl, and the Giants would still be the champs of our division. Granted, i wouldn't give a **** if we won the whole thing. But i think you get my point.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say because we lost more games than the Giants.......

Yeah, i know that. The question is, if we are the better team, we should be the champs. I'm talkin about a rule change.

I understand what you're saying and I agree but that is not always the case the year The Baltimore Ravens got to the superbowl they were not the division champs.

Could it have to do with

NY 11-5

Was 10-6 :doh:

OMFG

Please tell us you're kidding or venting, or something.

You are kidding right, please say ya are.

Can you ****in read? Let me explain this as clearly as i can. I am aware of the fact that the division champ is selected at the end of the regular season. My point is this....get ready...here it comes.... SHOULD IT BE THAT WAY! WE ARE THE BETTER TEAM.... If the confrence champ is the last team left in the confrence, then it should be the same with the division champs.

Can you ****in read? Let me explain this as clearly as i can. I am aware of the fact that the division champ is selected at the end of the regular season. My point is this....get ready...here it comes.... SHOULD IT BE THAT WAY! WE ARE THE BETTER TEAM.... If the confrence champ is the last team left in the confrence, then it should be the same with the division champs.

YES IT SHOULD BE! If you are not rewarded for what you do in the regualr season why play it? Lets just jump straight into the playoffs......

YES IT SHOULD BE! If you are not rewarded for what you do in the regualr season why play it? Lets just jump straight into the playoffs......

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

according to this guy the regular season doesn't matter so EVERYONE should be division champs :laugh: :laugh:

You play the regular season to sort yourselves out for the playoffs. You play playoffs to be a champion of any kind. Simple as that.

division titles don't mean anything if you don't win in the postseason. this game is about advancing in the playoffs, any way you can. it is easier to do as a division winner holding the homefield but for some reason the Giants didn't appear to show up for their game against Carolina. The Giants did against the Panthers what the Redskins did in NY earlier in the season in laying an ugly goose egg.

the most important stat from 2005 for the NFC East is that the Redskins are the last man standing :)

There are 2 reasons why the Giants are the division Champs...

Is cuz they had that stupid extra home game against the Saints on

week #2 Monday night double header, when the Skins BEAT the Cowgirls...

Yeah... thanks a lot Paul Tagliabue!!!

Is cuz A-HOLE Norv Turner couldn't call a play for the Raiders to gain a yard against the Giants on 1st n' goal from the 1 yard line during the 4th quarter of the last game of the season! Ohh and by the way Randy Moss was on the sidelines for all 4 downs! THANKS A LOT NORV!!!

Rican Skin :logo:

Archived