Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Uniform for 2006?

RSkinsFan

Which Player Worries You the Most (Outside of Sean Alexander)???  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which Player Worries You the Most (Outside of Sean Alexander)???

• Joe Jurevicius
    • Bryce Fisher
    • Walter Jones
    • Jerramy Stevens
    • Matt Hassellback
    • Lofa Tatupu
    • Grant Wistrom

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd like to see the Redskins return to their Burgandy & Gold uniform of the Lombardi era, with the gold Helment with the red 'R.' A new addition would have the player's names/numbers in gold(yellow) too. Comments?

I'd really like to see all burgundy (including socks, but with black shoes). Though I like the helmet with just the "R," you really have to stick with the current one until the Supreme Court says otherwise. But yeah, all burgundy (that way receivers can see Sean Taylor out of the corner of their eyes).

No black. It used to be the Raiders and steelers. Now just about every team has black. It's turnred into a generic color. This is not a generic team. Our colors are burgundy and gold. The yellow helmuts with the "R" ? No. They were the ugliest uniforms this organization came out with. Keep it like it is. On a side note though, I did see a pic of a Redskin with burgundy on burgundy ( with white sox ). It looked really sharp.

The gold pants with the burgundy jerseys were awesome.

The burgundy pants with white jerseys are sentimental favorites, too - takes me back to Theismann, Riggo, Monk, etc...

As for helmets, that burgundy helmet with the arrow is tops. That Lombardi helmet was the worst.

Why anyone would want that yellow helmet with the ® on it back I have no idea.

Its no wonder that helmet was only around for 2 season.

I have a collection of Redskin mini helmets so I have the yellow one and everyone that sees it comments on just how damn ugly that thing is.

If you wanna change the uniform fine, but do not change the helmet, I have loved that helmet my whole life and changing it would be a mistake, you cannot improve on perfection.

As for the "Spear" helmet from 20002, we aren't Florida State, you guys wanna talk about generic when it comes to the color black well that damn "Spear" is also pretty generic.

How about changing the canary yellow to actual gold, like the Rams changed their yellow to gold? maybe just for a monday night game or something.

I'd like to keep gold/yellow the secondary color. Which means no gold helmets, pants, or jerseys.

Use gold/yellow for outlining purposes only.

Wasn't white on white trendy at the time?

I don't think so because all they did was use a uniform combination that they hadn't used under Gibbs.

They didn't create a new jersey or new pants, they just switched it up alittle.

And actually white on white is a throwback.

Remember back the 80s and early 90s. Alot of teams wore white on white on the road. The Giants, Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Chiefs, Bengals, and i'm sure some other teams.

I loved the throwback uni's we wore during our anniversary yr. If we ever had to change our name, Snyder has the team name "Warriors" reserved, and thought those throwback uni's would go well with that.

Dave, that sounds like a sweet combo!

Does Snyder have the "Warriors" name reserved? Where did you read that?

Gosh, I have a pic of Sonny throwing a bomb while in the Lombardi era uniform, and he looks great, and so does the uniform. Besides, I *don't think* it takes 2-3 years to get a uniform change- Lombardi got it the 1st year he was here(though he had to wait a year for the helmet)and Spurrier got the 'spear' helmet back his 1st year too, so I'm sure where's a will there's a way. And btw, just what is *wrong* with the Gold Helmet with the red "R?" I think it would be neat :-):helmet:

I think they should change it around weekly, a mix and match of all the above, Except for the Helmet. Maybe they should stay with the Current Helmet for the most part. The Spear Helmet was Nice. My Favorite is the Burgundy Jerseys with the Gold Pants.

Those Black Jerseys with Burgundy Pants and the Current Helmet would look Pretty cool. I think if they switched it around each week it woukd also help the sale of ALL Jerseys :laugh: Like they need that

Archived