Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Football Wives

Khun Kao

I was reading the following thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139939

...and it got me to thinking about how LUCKY I am! I am a 3rd generation Redskins fan. (I've mentioned this before) Both my Dad and his Dad (my Grandfather, of course) were season ticket holders at Griffith and DC (later RFK) Stadiums.

My wife is from El Salvador. She didn't grow up with American Football, and the passion that is the Washington Redskins. She did, however, grow up with futbol (soccer), so perhaps this is why she seems to understand me....

Even though I do get the occassional boneheadedness from her, for instance, last week before the Tampa game, she asked me "What time are the Redskins playing on Saturday?" After I confirmed the game time, she asks "Are you going to watch the game?"

I'm not kidding, she really asked, and it wasn't a joke.

But overall, she has proven to be a good UNDERSTANDING football wife... She seems to understand that if the Redskins are playing, that my assigned place is positioned in front of the TV with beer in hand, and that she is to leave me alone (unless she is going to watch the game with me).

A really good example of how she at least TRIES to "get it" is last weeks post-Tampa "Welcome Home" gathering at Redskins Park. I mentioned the gathering to my wife, fully expecting to be shot down, and her reaction was "We can go! Let's do it!"

Needless to say, we were there and I got all those wonderful pictures!

She also has the hots for Chris Cooley.... LOL!

My wife calls Lavar "her boyfriend." :D

She isn't much of a football fan, and although she comes from a very pro-Bears family, she roots for the Skins with me.

The best is that she knows that my dream game would be to go to the NFC Championship Game in Washington -- face it, there's no better home game than that. She is 100% cool with me going to that game, no matter what the cost. How lucky am I?

My wife knows that my life revolves around the 'Skins when they play. No questions asked. She just looks at it as an opportunity to go shopping so it's a win win for me because she'll usually bring some 'Skins gear home.

I do however, wish that she was a die hard 'Skins fan such as myself because I can only imagine how much fun the bedroom would be after a victory. I can see Huly and Pez singing HTTR during their "victory" celebration now. :D

Mine tries really hard to be a good football wife. She gets me Skins gear as presents and told me to get Sunday Ticket. She understands when a Redskin game is on, that I will watch it and I prefer watching it alone. She will keep our new daughter out of the way for me too. She is great.

She still likes the Bears somewhat though, because she was a huge fan of Sweetness. And she also likes saying "Go Brady Go Brady Go Brady" when the Patriots are on...not really sure why.

My wife is from Philly, when we started dating she knew little about football but did not mind that I was such a fan.

Since then she has become a diehard skins fan and really knows the game!

Sometimes she will call out "Watch the saftey!!" like Brunell can hear her.

She argues with her sister about the Eagles and how bad the fans are. The first game against the Eagles this year she talked to her sister on the phone and told her

"Watch out the Redskins have an offense this year"

Whats really funny was here mom and sister were here visting during the new years game, they had thier Eagles stuff on and I had my Dad and Brothers over for the game.

They were good sports about it and congratulated us on making the playoffs.

I could not have it any better ,before the game she goes to the grocery store for supplies, my wife askes how much beer we need, if I ask for a 12 pack she knows I am worried about the game.

Man o man how I love that woman!!

Mine tries really hard to be a good football wife. She gets me Skins gear as presents and told me to get Sunday Ticket. She understands when a Redskin game is on, that I will watch it and I prefer watching it alone. She will keep our new daughter out of the way for me too. She is great.

She still likes the Bears somewhat though, because she was a huge fan of Sweetness. And she also likes saying "Go Brady Go Brady Go Brady" when the Patriots are on...not really sure why.

Well, I guess it's better than "Oh Brady Oh Brady Oh Brady". :D

It is with pleasure that I have "molded" my wife into a football/redskins wife. Her father was the only male in their house and he would watch the games all the time, but her sister, mother, and herself really could care less. When we moved in together she finally started to turn.

Now she gets all decked out for the games and curses right along side me.

My wife screams and cusses just as much as I do..play by play....

She plans about three days ahead to make sure we have all the supplies for the game (Lots of beer, chips, dips, whips....etc)

She has the hots for Portis and admits it freely...:(

The only thing she does not get into is the daily watching and reading of any Redskin fact/moment/interview etc....

She flips out that the second I get home from work I turn the TV on looking for anything to do with the Skins...

She is always asking "Aren't you going to burn out during the week...?"

NOPE!!! It's just gotten more intense....

PS - We have only had one conflict this year and that was when she wanted me to go bowling for our stepson's b-day during the playoff game... she came to hear senses though...

HTTR!!!

Man, last night I was watching the NFL game of the week of our Skins for the second time, and during a commercial I switched to this flick with Sean Penn that is a real tear jerker, i.e. chick flick and while we were watching this Sean movie my wife reminded to switch it back to the NFL network so she could see the Edel Sheppard drop .... needless to say, I was SHOCKED AND proud ... :excited:

I got lucky with my wife. no pun there*

She really wanted to go to a football game with me. And there for a while I thought she was going to be a Ravens fan...(cause for divorce...lol) but I took her to a Ravens game and she got to see for herself. how much they suck. Then I took her to see the Redskins and its been all up hill from there. We watch every game now together. If she can't watch it then I good to go by myself I guess. But I got real lucky to say the least.

The only thing she does not get into is the daily watching and reading of any Redskin fact/moment/interview etc....

She flips out that the second I get home from work I turn the TV on looking for anything to do with the Skins...

She is always asking "Aren't you going to burn out during the week...?"

My wife does that too. She wasn't real pleased when I switched the TV to Game of the Week during a commercial break last night. Yet right after that she admitted she had been humming Hail to the Redskins most of the day.

:logo:

As many of my previous posts have said, my brand new wife is "Football tolerant" at best. All is good come gametime unless one of her Bazillion friends is getting married, having a cookout, birthday party, Jewish holiday, or whatever crazy stuff she can come up with. Seldom do I have to miss a game, but she is not very supportive as her father is a stupid Eagles fan and lives down the street from us.

This weekend, of course, is her friends wedding. They went to law school together, and the friend is Asian so couldn't care less about football. I am screwed - have to sneak out of the reception to the bar to catch bits of the game. I've already worned my wife that I may be gone for 3 hours, she said that there are a few times I need to be there: when the bride and groom walk in, dinner, and I think thats it.

She understands the mental stress put on me without being able to watch the Skins. I will survive and so will the Skins.

HTTR.

Well, I guess it's better than "Oh Brady Oh Brady Oh Brady". :D

:doh:

As many of my previous posts have said, my brand new wife is "Football tolerant" at best. All is good come gametime unless one of her Bazillion friends is getting married, having a cookout, birthday party, Jewish holiday, or whatever crazy stuff she can come up with. Seldom do I have to miss a game, but she is not very supportive as her father is a stupid Eagles fan and lives down the street from us.

This weekend, of course, is her friends wedding. They went to law school together, and the friend is Asian so couldn't care less about football. I am screwed - have to sneak out of the reception to the bar to catch bits of the game. I've already worned my wife that I may be gone for 3 hours, she said that there are a few times I need to be there: when the bride and groom walk in, dinner, and I think thats it.

She understands the mental stress put on me without being able to watch the Skins. I will survive and so will the Skins.

HTTR.

Early years of marriage can be rough. It takes time for the training by both parties. After 13 years, my wife knows she'd be going to the wedding by herself.

Archived