Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential Marriage-buster!

Muskrat

...so I pick up my wife tonight and we get home. While my wife is puttering around the kitchen she 'mentions' that 'we' are helping her cousin (and her husband) move into their new house next weekend. My response: "It better not be while the Skins are playing (assuming they beat the Hawks)". I get a disgusted look and a few chioce words from the Mrs.

...we also have to go to a dinner for her job on Saturday night (@6pm), needless to say, I will be at the bar watching the Skins game. She's already given me a little bit of attitude for my mentioning of this as well. Every year we go to this dinner and every year I am the ONLY guy who doesn't migrate to the bar 50 times. Saturday night it's MY turn! If I'm gonna sleep on the couch, I hope the Skins at least win so I'll have pleasant dreams.

:point2sky :point2sky :point2sky

..as it turns out, should the Skins beat the Hawks, the next game is next Sunday and we have to help them move on Saturday. One bullet dodged. She's pretty understanding, so I shouldn't get too much flak for the dinner this Saturday.

Dude, you need to get control of your marriage. This is the playoffs, and it is a dinner. If you had the same problem as the guy with the wedding I would understand. But, a dinner? A cousin moving? COME ON! Women are like dogs. If you let them sleep on the couch, you can't get them to stop it later.

LMAO....if we get into a tiff about this, I'll refer her to your post deiulay!

She knows...normally I don't create any waves about this stuff.....but 6 years since the last playoff appearance? I ain't missin' nuthin'!!! Oh, and if the Skins win....well, let's just say it's an 'open bar'!!

LMAO....if we get into a tiff about this, I'll refer her to your post deiulay!

She knows...normally I don't create any waves about this stuff.....but 6 years since the last playoff appearance? I ain't missin' nuthin'!!! Oh, and if the Skins win....well, let's just say it's an 'open bar'!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao: :laugh:

:notworthy

Now wait a doggone minute ;)

I'm one of those "football wives"...

I LOVE THE REDSKINS..... my family has had season tickets from the days at Griffith Stadium..

In fact, my husband and I met through a Redskins discussion board.. we were arguing about Darrell Green (I won the argument, by the way)...

We had no problems.. everything was scheduled around the Redskins.. including our wedding, etc. (We played the blues version of HAIL TO THE REDSKINS at our wedding!)

Muskrat what die hard fan you are Ive got to work on saturday but just like last week got done early and went home to watch the game. work is only 10 min from my house then I went back to work to finish my job so this week im doing the same thing got my 57in ready to go and beer!

:point2sky HAIL TO THE REDSKINS :point2sky

:logo: GO REDSKINS LETS BEAT THE SEAHAWKS IN SEATTEL!! :logo:

:helmet: GO REDSKINS LETS MOVE TO THE NFC CHAMPION GAME!! :helmet:

shoot I'd be telling my cousin tough luck if helping her move would coincide with the redskins game. as it is i found some alternative transportation for getting my husband home from work on saturday so i can be at the bar to watch the game with the rest of the dallas b&g fanclub lol

Read a couple of issues dealing with the subject,and after that, all i can say is if he/she does not consider or understand what is important to you,then he/she does not understand you at all and it has been a pipe dream in need of roto rooter.Sure in all relations we make sacrifices,but to sacrifice what you beleive in for the sake of someone that doesnt beleive...well you should have noticed going down that road a sign saying "Hell"

All I can say is, your 36, you should have had her trained from the last time Gibbs was coaching here.

I guess a lot of wives have been taking the Redskins losing for all these year for granted, lol.

Next thing you know there will be an extremeantiskins.com out there for all the wives who hate football. :D:D

...so I pick up my wife tonight and we get home. While my wife is puttering around the kitchen she 'mentions' that 'we' are helping her cousin (and her husband) move into their new house next weekend. My response: "It better not be while the Skins are playing (assuming they beat the Hawks)". I get a disgusted look and a few chioce words from the Mrs.

...we also have to go to a dinner for her job on Saturday night (@6pm), needless to say, I will be at the bar watching the Skins game.

Spare the beatin', spoil the wife.

Seriously though, what is it with these people who don't understand the importance of a game? "it's just football/game/a sport." It's THE PLAYOFFS, *****! What the hell is wrong with people?!

And I'll be honest--F a dinner for someone's job. Why the hell would someone schedule a dinner for something like that on this weekend? And I didn't check your location, but I hope it's not DC area because then that would be REALLY stupid.

tell her to she can go help "move" herself. women always want you to do dumbass things like: move people, mow the grass, paint something.

I am glad I will never get married i have no patience for that crap.

Reason #1 why there should never be a female president.

I'm in the military. The last thing I want is to be sent over to foreign countries to pick up trash, mow peoples lawns and help foreign leaders move across town, lol.

Wow....just....wow....LMAO!!

Thanks for the support! It's a weird thing, she knows how much I love the Skins...I am very glad that 'moving day' ends up not coinciding with the next possibleplayoff game. That would REALLY have been a problem. As for the annual dinner, it won't be too bad...unless the Skins lose, then I'll hear crap from several people at the dinner...well, maybe not since most of them a Jets fans....

I think it's a surprise for her that I said what I said, because during the regular season, I did miss a couple gamesdue to 'family' crap (some of it my own family). This is the first time she's had to deal with the Skins in the playoffs since '99.....and that wasn't really an issue since we always went to my Dad's for the game and her job had their party earlier in the year (before Christmas)...so Sat. night wasn't an issue.

If they win, any aggravation is well worth it.....

Archived