Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential Marriage-buster!

Muskrat

..as it turns out, should the Skins beat the Hawks, the next game is next Sunday and we have to help them move on Saturday. One bullet dodged. She's pretty understanding, so I shouldn't get too much flak for the dinner this Saturday.

I was thinking when we beat the Hawks that the game would be played next Sunday. My problem is I have a flight Scheduled for 4pm ET on next Sunday going to Sacremento. This really sucks but I might have one reprieve and that is if the Skins play Chicago . My connection is through Chicago and I have a couple of hours lay over. If your wife does' nt understand that you must watch this game ( 12th man ) just tell her that you have a lot of supporters. Stopping you from watching this game will open up a whole in the universe and she will sucked through it. God is a Redskin fan.

Has she ever watched a game with you??? My wife watched one game with me before we were married and from that point on, she knew how important they are to me. We've rescheduled trips, eaten Thanksgiving dinner on a TV tray, and pretty much changed our entire fall routine to revolve around the Redskins. Doesn't she have something she is passionate about? Like Golden Girls or Lifetime or something?

Here is a word of advice I was given. You need to set your expectations up front. At the beggining of the season I hand my wife the schedule and I tell her not to schedule anything on these dates during the times the Skins are playing. By doing that with the Skins in the playoffs she already knows not to schedule anything that will contradict with me watching the game. If she is trying to schedule something she always asks me "what time do the Skins play". Its as simple as that.

As a female Redskins fan for four decades please tell your wife that she needs to not schedule you for company dinners, family moves or anything else when the Redskins are playing.

That goes for regular season and playoffs.

You can compromise on preseason games if you want.

We got married in Sept. and I let my husband know that neither myself, my mother or my brother would be able to attend a Sunday wedding. It was moved to Saturday.

My aunt's funeral was even moved to this past Wednesday in part to avoid clashing with the Redskins-Tampa game.

That's just how it is! We cannot be happy missing the game and spouses need to recognize this fact.

BTW I am convinced that the Redkins have the greatest proportion of female fans in the NFL, and the most loyal. Anyone else agree?

The bigger issue is that your wife told your cousin that you guys would help them move without even asking you about it.

If you can't get out of it, go to a day labor site and pay a couple guys to help for the day, tell them your wife owns them for the day, and go home and watch the game.

BTW I am convinced that the Redkins have the greatest proportion of female fans in the NFL, and the most loyal. Anyone else agree?

I absolutely agree....at the sports bar we go to, the Redskins fans have their own room where we gather each week. And I'd say at least half of that room is full of women lol

I'm with you!

Oh... about October 8, 1973... Ken Houston stopped Walt Garrison at the goal line on Monday Night Football.. Redskins versus Dallas.. Redskins won. (and I was there).

I'm with you!

Oh... about October 8, 1973... Ken Houston stopped Walt Garrison at the goal line on Monday Night Football.. Redskins versus Dallas.. Redskins won. (and I was there).

Good memory and ... you are so blessed!

Yes DocSandy and TXSkinsChick I do think the Redskins have many female fans, including my 79-year-old Mom. !

Reminds me I need to see if she wants me to bring over some barbequed chicken or something for the game tomorrow.

Oh, the story gets a little more intense: I show up to pick my wife up at work tonight, one of her coworkers, as he's leaving, says to me: "See you tomorrow night"....my response: "I'll be at the bar"....cue the dirty look from the Mrs.

Her 'main' problem: She just got a promotion to assistant VP and is worried about how it will 'look' if I spend the first hour of the dinner (more or less the ****tail hour) at the bar and not making 'appearances'. I told her that I'm sorry but this is EXTREMELY important to me...it's the PLAYOFFs for God sake!!

I may go through some hell this weekend, but it will be worht it, win or lose.

Archived