Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This game belongs to the O-Line

scottlo34

:logo: I truly believe that the Redskins O-Line is the absolute key to this game. I expect to see the big guys up front get confused for the Hogs of old because they are going to go in to Quest Field and completely obliterate the Seahawks defensive front. We are going to see Portis, Portis and more Portis. Don't be surprised to see the Redskins run the ball 50 times on saturday and completely wear down the Seattle defense. Keep the Seattle offense off the field and that means Portis and the Dirtbags. I see Redskins 27-20.

I agree. The Dirtbags is what makes the O go round. :D If they can win the line of Scrimage, than we can do every thing we need to do. Brunell to Cooley, Portis, Betts, Portis, Betts, Moss end around, Brunell to Cooley, Portis, Betts. We'll control the clock and score all while keeping the Seahawks offense on the bench.

Make no mistake about it though, we will have to pass more than we did last week if we want to accomplish that. Because they will stack 8 or 9 in a box if we don't keep them honest. That's why I love play action so much. Fool the D, Freeze the Linebackers, and make them think while we beat them.

Same thing on first down. I noticed last week, EVERY single first down we tried to run. Well the defense will know that's comming if you do that ALL THE TIME. And it showed because we were put in 3rd and long the whole game. I say the Dirtbags should dominate, but we still need to mix it up to keep the DBs and LBs honest. Safeties especially.

Without a doubt, the Seattle defense has improved this year. However, their D is built on speed, not power or strength. They get a lot of sacks because they play against a lot of teams that throw the ball and they are fast. However, if we stay committed to the run (which Gibbs always does), you will see Seattle's D wear down by the 4th quarter. Portis and Betts will average roughly 4-5 yards a carry in the 4th quarter. Not because of one big run and three for no gain, but because they'll be gaining 4+ yards on EACH carry. Again, this is all contingent of the Skins winning the TOP and not turning the ball over during the 1st three quarters (which will force them to abandon this plan and play catch up). But yes, our O-line should be able to wear the speedy defense down. Gut and Power Baby!!! It will pay dividends by the end of the game!

No team has beat the Seahawks by pounding the ball up the middle this year not one. The Redskins didn't, Jacksonville didn't. You beat the Seahawks secondary, not the linebackers and the defensive line. If that's the plan, it's a bad plan.

Rigelian

No team has beat the Seahawks by pounding the ball up the middle this year not one. The Redskins didn't, Jacksonville didn't. You beat the Seahawks secondary, not the linebackers and the defensive line. If that's the plan, it's a bad plan.

Rigelian

The Redskins rushed for 141 yards against you guys last game. Most teams didn't beat you rushing the ball because most teams didn't beat you! And since you were ahead of most teams when the 4th quarter arrived, they had no choice but to pass. Like I said, if it's a close game and Washington has stayed committed to the run, then you WILL see Seattle's defense wear down. Most defenses wear down, but those that are built more on speed wear down even quicker.

SEATTLE DEFENSE:

Number 2 againgst the Run

Number 1 in sacks

Good luck with that gameplan of yours...

There you go with stats again. We've got quite a few of those too, but stats can be skewed. Here's an example...... we rushed for 141 against you. If you played rushing teams like us all year (and gave up 141 per game), where would that rank you?

What quality rushing team did you shutdown?

On the argument that the Seahawks have that advantage because teams have to pass, take a good look at the numbers. Teams only averaged 3.6 ypc against the Seahawks run defense. That's the 4th best ypc against average in the league. You beat the hawks with the pass not the run. The redskins averaged 3.9 ypd in the game at FedEx. I don't think this is a feast against bad teams, just a good solid run defense. I think that any game plan against the Seahawks is going to rely on the pass.

Rigelian

I believe both the OL and DL will have a huge impact in this game. The only thing I am nervous about in this game is how loud Qwest Field gets. Because of the overhang a lot of the sound gets trapped in the stadium and it is almost as loud as a dome.

Archived