Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paul Silvi says The Redskins are making excuses

Griff

Anyone see what that one poster "DEE" said? 35 points passing?!?! :doh: :laugh: I think I got more shots in on that person. Whoever that person is is probably a complete moron. Knows nothing about football but trying to talk smack. And he/she also said we have nobody on ofense? :doh: Geez, do they breed tech geek prima donnas up there?

I found this clown on a local Seattle News station website he is the sports anchor for KING 5 News at 5, 6, 10 and 11 p.m.

This is comical, and you can leave your comments.

Redskins making excuses

January 10, 2006

Paul Silvi

psilvi55x55.jpg

Sports Director

After listening to Redskins coach Joe Gibbs talk to the media this week, it sure sounds like he's starting early with excuses why they're going to lose Saturday. First and foremost, he says, "We have six days to prepare, they'll have 14."

Not quite Joe. They've had an extra week to relax and get healthy, but they had to wait for your team to beat Tampa. THAT'S when the Hawks could finally start looking at tape of their next opponent, and preparing.

I also know Gibbs is spending most of the day and night at Redskins Headquarters, along with his coaches, all so they can trot out that sorry offense Saturday. Joe, do yourself a favor - go home and take a nap. We'll wake you and your team up around 5pm Saturday!

http://blogs.king5.com/seahawks/archives/2006/01/redskins_making.html#comments

Who is this Guy?

Here's what I posted:

It's one thing to smack talk and have fun bantering fans of opposting teams, but to cross the line of disrespect for a Hall of Fame coach is beyond reproach.

If you followed Joe Gibbs, you would know that his comments are no different than anything he says before all games. You forget to mention that he said the Seahawks EARNED the 14 days off. And if you really believe Holmgren (who by the way DOES respect Gibbs) wasn't looking at film of both Tampa and Washington before the game, you have a little to learn about pro football coaching.

I apologize for some of the disrespect shown here. I don't call people names. I'm not going to claim we are going to blow the Seahawks out. But I do have faith that with Joe Gibbs, we have a fighting chance at a good game.

But I won't apologize for calling you out on crossing the line between smack talk and disrespect. Have you every heard him talk to the media before this? He always downplays the REdskins and praises the opponent. He isn't making excuses.. stop taking things out of context. I can link to the actual press conference where he made the comment "They've had 14 days"... because he also stated that they EARNED the 14 days. He was stating a fact. Not making an excuse.

Geesh.. If the best you can come up is trying to smear a HOF coach (who Holmgren respects by the way), perhaps you yourself don't have faith in the Seahawks. You could learn a little bit from the fans.

He's pathetic.

But I do wish some of the Skins fans over there hadn't stooped to his level (I know you guys didn't).

Big props to the oringator of this thread. My post:

"Making excuses? I think Gibbs recognized that his defense played hardknock football and his offense was swarmed by a very able D. But you wouldn't recognize a defense if had marital relations with your wife because the Seahawks are in the worst division in football.

Hell, 14 days to rest? Make it 19 weeks. Five, read'em five teams with winning records this year. The Redskins had 10. One of those ten was a win against you.

Please die. Thanks."

FWIW, Silvi is an egotistical jerk. Every town has at least one of those as a sportscaster. I can't stand the guy.

It's all meaningless hyperbole.

You can't blame this on fans or the team.

You are right. Seahawk fans are pretty good fans. I have nothing really against their team or their fanbase. This guy Paul Saliva though, he is public enemy #1 right now.

Who is this Guy?

I think he is just a TV sports caster, but here is his bio:

M_IMAGE.f391221e43.93.88.fa.7c.be3b9d44.jpg

Paul Silvi is the sports anchor for KING 5 News at 5, 6, 10 and 11 p.m. He is also the host of Northwest Sports Tonight on NorthWest Cable News and The High School Sports Blitz. Silvi has earned AP awards for Best Sportscast.

He came to Seattle from WJRT-TV (ABC) in Flint, Michigan, where he was a sports anchor and reporter from 1989 to 1993. His earlier experience includes a sports anchor position at WE-I TV (CBS) in Clio, MI., and producer for the Pro Am Sports System in Farmington Hills.

In addition to his work in television, Silvi has worked in print journalism as a sports writer for the Columbus Ledger Inquirer in Columbus, Georgia and as assistant sports editor for the Hickory Daily Record in North Carolina.

Silvi earned a bachelor of arts degree in journalism in 1986 from Bowling Green State University. He now resides in Maple Valley with his wife and three children.

http://www.king5.com/about/bios/stories/K5bios-Silvi.be3a59f1.html

5? That sounds good. better have bagels and a juice ready too, we might be kind of peckish. OH, and when you turn our beds over make sure the sheets are clean this time. And these pillows? are these real hawk down feathers in there? what comfort! well, good night then.

Archived