Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paul Silvi says The Redskins are making excuses

Griff

I found this clown on a local Seattle News station website he is the sports anchor for KING 5 News at 5, 6, 10 and 11 p.m.

This is comical, and you can leave your comments.

Redskins making excuses

January 10, 2006

Paul Silvi

psilvi55x55.jpg

Sports Director

After listening to Redskins coach Joe Gibbs talk to the media this week, it sure sounds like he's starting early with excuses why they're going to lose Saturday. First and foremost, he says, "We have six days to prepare, they'll have 14."

Not quite Joe. They've had an extra week to relax and get healthy, but they had to wait for your team to beat Tampa. THAT'S when the Hawks could finally start looking at tape of their next opponent, and preparing.

I also know Gibbs is spending most of the day and night at Redskins Headquarters, along with his coaches, all so they can trot out that sorry offense Saturday. Joe, do yourself a favor - go home and take a nap. We'll wake you and your team up around 5pm Saturday!

http://blogs.king5.com/seahawks/archives/2006/01/redskins_making.html#comments

Do you really blame these guys though?

They are saluting the 84 Seahawk team because they are the last Hawks team to win a playoff game.

They just want to believe and winning 13 games will do that for you.

Of course all this makes them completely delusional if they actually think the Hawks are going to have thier way with us. I'm just saying you can't blame them for wanting to be optomistic for a week during the postseason.

Do you really blame these guys though?

They are saluting the 84 Seahawk team because they are the last Hawks team to win a playoff game.

They just want to believe and winning 13 games will do that for you.

Of course all this makes them completely delusional if they actually think the Hawks are going to have thier way with us.

Yeah, I agree. They have reason to be confident and think their team will beat us. But, to say that we are just going to get blown out is ****in' ridiculous. Honestly, I think we're going to win.

Yeah, I agree. They have reason to be confident and think their team will beat us. But, to say that we are just going to get blown out is ****in' ridiculous. Honestly, I think we're going to win.

Oh, of course you and I know that the thought of them wiping the table with us is ridiculous.

My point was you just have to let them have thier week of crap talk because its really the only thing they've ever had going for them.

I love the idea that he thinks the Seahawks coaches didn't watch ANY film on the Skins until after they won. So I guess he thinks the coaches just sat around in their offices for a week doing nothing? That would be nice, but it didn't happen, I am sure Holmgrem and staff had game plans ready to go for the Skins, Panthers, or Giants, whoever they got.

He's toying with the fine line between trash talking and disrespect.

He is not toying with it he has crossed it. Who the F is this douche bag to think he can't talk about a 3 time superbowl champion, hall of fame coach like that. Joe Gibbs has never had to make excuses for anything he has done in his entire life. For this waste of skin to even suggest it is insane.

Anybody find this guys email address, let me have it. I got all kinds of time to rip this calostomy bag to shreds.

I love the idea that he thinks the Seahawks coaches didn't watch ANY film on the Skins until after they won. So I guess he thinks the coaches just sat around in their offices for a week doing nothing? That would be nice, but it didn't happen, I am sure Holmgrem and staff had game plans ready to go for the Skins, Panthers, or Giants, whoever they got.

Exactly my point. That guy's an idiot. If Holmgren didn't prepare at all, then he's an idiot too (but he's not).

Here is what I posted on that website:

"What coach Gibbs is currently doing is called being classy, sir. It is a trait which was common in the league during his first stint, but has unfortunately become a rarity in today's NFL. It involves downplaying your own team's success/opportuntiy to win its next game.....while praising the team you are about to play.

I am sorry you are unable to recognize this, which is obviously quite telling in regards to your own perspective of sportsmanship. I assure you that coach Gibbs is - indeed - spending long nights at Redskins Park. I would not be surprised if he is not going home at all. He is that committed to the success of this franchise. Don't make the mistake of taking his public comments at face value. Behind closed doors, this is a confident, battle-tested team and I guarantee you they will be well-prepared this Saturday afternoon. Coach Gibbs has made a career out of people like you underestimating him. I genuinely appreciate your efforts in continuing this."

Wow, that must look good on the player's lockers... Can you imagine Coach's reaction if one of the 'Skins reporters said that? I love this whole underdog thing, LOVE it, I hope it gets much, much worse before the game.

Oh it will.

The shear stupidity of it all makes it that much better.

The less respect we get, the more we can relish in a victory.

Hail!:point2sky

Here is what I posted on that website:

"What coach Gibbs is currently doing is called being classy, sir. It is a trait which was common in the league during his first stint, but has unfortunately become a rarity in today's NFL. It involves downplaying your own team's success/opportuntiy to win its next game.....while praising the team you are about to play.

I am sorry you are unable to recognize this, which is obviously quite telling in regards to your own perspective of sportsmanship. I assure you that coach Gibbs is - indeed - spending long nights at Redskins Park. I would not be surprised if he is not going home at all. He is that committed to the success of this franchise. Don't make the mistake of taking his public comments at face value. Behind closed doors, this is a confident, battle-tested team and I guarantee you they will be well-prepared this Saturday afternoon. Coach Gibbs has made a career out of people like you underestimating him. I genuinely appreciate your efforts in continuing this."

great response! mine was similar to and posted directly under yours.

while he's taking his foot out of his mouth, the Skins will be moving on in the playoffs...

He has had one person support him while everyone else, myself included has ripped him apart. I know in the grand scheme of things that this is meaningless but I feel it our duty to defend Joe Gibbs. Joe Gibbs has given us so much and I take it personally when somoene tries to attack him.

Archived