Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No wonder the seahawks had a great season

STaylorLayintheWOOD

Look at Alexander's totals vs. good and bad teams, interesting. I am not saying he is not a beast but it is interesting.

Game 1 Jacksonville (winning record) 0 TDs 73 yards

Game 2 Atlanta (winning record) 1 TD 144 yards

Game 3 Arizona (non winning record) 4 TDs 140 yards

Game 4 Washington (winning record) 1 TD 98 yards

Game 5 St. Louis (non winning record) 2 TDs 119 yards

Game 6 Houston (non winning record) 4 TDs 141 yards

Game 7 Dallas (winning record) 0 TDs 61 yards

Game 8 Bye week

Game 9 Arizona (non winning record) 2 TDs 173 yards

Game 10 St. Louis (non winning record) 3 TDs 165 yards

Game 11 San Francisco (non winning record) 2 TDs 115 yards

Game 12 NY Giants (winning record) 1 TDs 110 yards

Game 13 Philadelphia (non winning record) 2 TDs 49 yards

Game 14 San Francisco (non winning record) 1 TDs 108 yards

Game 15 Tennessee (non winning record) 1 TDs 172 yards

Game 16 Indianapolis (winning record) 2 TDs 139 yards, Indy starters played 1/2

Look at Alexander's totals vs. good and bad teams, interesting. I am not saying he is not a beast but it is interesting.

Game 1 Jacksonville (winning record) 0 TDs 73 yards

Game 2 Atlanta (winning record) 1 TD 144 yards

Game 3 Arizona (non winning record) 4 TDs 140 yards

Game 4 Washington (winning record) 1 TD 98 yards

Game 5 St. Louis (non winning record) 2 TDs 119 yards

Game 6 Houston (non winning record) 4 TDs 141 yards

Game 7 Dallas (winning record) 0 TDs 61 yards

Game 8 Bye week

Game 9 Arizona (non winning record) 2 TDs 173 yards

Game 10 St. Louis (non winning record) 3 TDs 165 yards

Game 11 San Francisco (non winning record) 2 TDs 115 yards

Game 12 NY Giants (winning record) 1 TDs 110 yards

Game 13 Philadelphia (non winning record) 2 TDs 49 yards

Game 14 San Francisco (non winning record) 1 TDs 108 yards

Game 15 Tennessee (non winning record) 1 TDs 172 yards

Game 16 Indianapolis (winning record) 2 TDs 139 yards, Indy starters played 1/2

All the good defenses held him under 100 . Hell, if CP ran against the likes of Rams, Niners, Texans , Cardinals his numbers would be just as impressive as Alexander's

Atlanta was 8-8 right?? I wouldn't call that a winning record. :2cents:

So against winning record teams he averages 96 yards a game and less than 1 touchdown in those 5 games.(That's excluding ATL) :applause:

Your right 8-8 is just breaking even, not winning.

They had the weakest strength of schedule in the league. 32nd rank strength of schedule compared to the redskins 2nd ranked strength of schedule. you do the math. not to mention we already beat them once.

whoever says this game will be a blowout on either part is insane.

I don't think the game is going to be a blow out.

new england patriots has one of the easiest schedules in 2003 when they won the superbowl. the ease of schedule actually helps you stay healthy and fresh for the playoffs and not get beat up, so its an advantage. those stats are meaningless.

I don't think the game is going to be a blow out.

new england patriots has one of the easiest schedules in 2003 when they won the superbowl. the ease of schedule actually helps you stay healthy and fresh for the playoffs and not get beat up, so its an advantage. those stats are meaningless.

new england beat good teams that yr, Seattle HAS BEAT NOBODY

there only two wins you can say are good, at home vs dallas, 10 points in 1 min

at home vs NY ,

the most overrated thing about them is there offense. Brunell has the same stats as Hassleback,

vs the giants they scored less then 20, vs cowboys less then 20, vs skins less then 20

this game will be easier then Tampa, i gurantee

Let's face it the skins are battle tested the Seahawks are not. I don't know how big a factor that will have but it nonetheless has to be considered. I like our chances because like I said in a previous thread defense wins championships.

Hell, if CP ran against the likes of Rams, Niners, Texans , Cardinals his numbers would be just as impressive as Alexander's.
Err... CP did run against the Rams, Niners, and Cardinals.

Portis

SF - 19 att, 101 yds, 5.3 avg, longest run 15 yds

@ STL - 27 att, 136 yds, 5.0 avg, longest run 47 yds

@ ARI - 26 att, 105 yds, 4.0 avg, longest run 23 yds

Alexander

SF - 21 att, 108 yds, 5.1 avg, longest run 16 yds

@ STL - 25 att, 119 yds, 4.9 avg, longest run 18 yds

@ ARI - 23 att, 173 yds, 7.5 avg, longest run 88 yds

I realize I am biased, but I give Alexander the slight edge in those games. But I do agree that based on the stats (I have not seen Portis play much this year) they are comparable runners.

-Needed 3 missed game-winning FGs by the giants to secure win
Both of the missed FGs in overtime were short. I don't know about you, but I put a miss short in a different class than a miss wide.
Lets just hope they come back for some tasty crow.

It's all we can hope for at this point. I have some new recipies worked up for them too.

Heh, Seahawks fans have numerous Humble Pie recipies worked out to perfection. You can't be a Hawk fan without having first hand knowledge of heartbreak.
Brunell has the same stats as Hassleback
No he doesn't.

Brunell

262 cmp, 454 att, 3050 yds, 57.7 cmp%, 6.72 ypa, 23 td, 10 int, 85.9 rat

Hasselbeck

294 cmp, 449 att, 3459 yds, 65.5 cmp%, 7.70 ypa, 24 td, 9 int, 98.2 rat

whoever says this game will be a blowout on either part is insane.
I wholeheartedly agree.

im just saying how can the spread by 9 points?!? thats ridiculous considering all these points
The point spread is based on analysis of the public perception of the teams and expected betting patterns. It has absolutely nothing to do with analysis of the expected outcome of the game.

I have felt that way about several teams this year. When your in a division where everyone else in it has a losing record, your record is bound to reflect that. You play those teams twice a year. Seattle is a good team. They aren't as good as analyst are predicting. It will be a good game. It is the game that decides who goes to the NFC championship game, so they will show up to play, and we better know that. I think we should and will beat Seattle if they continue to dominate defensively. Our offense must show up this week, and I think they will with all the BS they have taken from the analyst. HTTR

Err... CP did run against the Rams, Niners, and Cardinals.

Portis

SF - 19 att, 101 yds, 5.3 avg, longest run 15 yds

@ STL - 27 att, 136 yds, 5.0 avg, longest run 47 yds

@ ARI - 26 att, 105 yds, 4.0 avg, longest run 23 yds

Alexander

SF - 21 att, 108 yds, 5.1 avg, longest run 16 yds

@ STL - 25 att, 119 yds, 4.9 avg, longest run 18 yds

@ ARI - 23 att, 173 yds, 7.5 avg, longest run 88 yds

I realize I am biased, but I give Alexander the slight edge in those games. But I do agree that based on the stats (I have not seen Portis play much this year) they are comparable runners..

Against SF Portis was out of the game at halftime

At St. Louis our 3rd string RB had over a 100 yards on 9 carries

Take away Alexanders one long run... and his stats in that game was pretty ordinary.

Both of the missed FGs in overtime were short. I don't know about you, but I put a miss short in a different class than a miss wide.

No they weren't, and Feeley actually missed 3 in a row, one at regulation and 2 in OT. The Giants had 3 chances to end the game with a W, before Seattle could get a chance. While I am a firm believer in "you have to make the play" to win... 3 times in a row is more in the line of Choking, than come from behind victory.

The most interesting fact about the cold pizza schedule stat was not only did The Redskins have the 2nd hardest schedule in the league, but.... of the remaining 8 teams in the playoffs the next hardest was #13 patriots. After that everyone else was in the mid twenties and thrities including #32 seattle, #30 bears, and #29 carolina .. The other 3 finalist in the NFC are all at the bottom of the list and we beat two of these teams once already.. That is a telling stat...

Go Skins!!

new england beat good teams that yr, Seattle HAS BEAT NOBODY

there only two wins you can say are good, at home vs dallas, 10 points in 1 min

at home vs NY ,

but couldn't you say the same thing for washington, scoring 14 points in 3 minutes against dallas? didn't the skins get blown out by the giants.

none of that matters.

the most overrated thing about them is there offense. Brunell has the same stats as Hassleback,

vs the giants they scored less then 20, vs cowboys less then 20, vs skins less then 20

this game will be easier then Tampa, i gurantee

like I said, none of that matters. the skins scored 35 against tampa the first time around. their offense was very hot for the last 5 weeks, therefore they should have laid 55 points against tampa. but they didn't.

its a brand new game. both teams are different than when they played each other. the skins have played a tough schedule, played this week and because of the tough schedule maybe a little too beat up. the seahawks benefited from the easy schedule and are not as beat up.

this is going to be a good game. I think the seattle defense is a bit over rated, but they may match up well against the skins.

their offense is good no matter how you cut it. they have two great OL men in Jones and Hutchinson. decent WR and TEs and very good RB and good mobile QB.

it will be an interesting game. I am sure Gibbs will reach into his bag of tricks and he knows he has to play ball control and score at least 20 to win this game.

Alexander is a beast period. I've seen backs play against similar type schedules and not do what he's done so I give him his props. That being said, I really feel like the Skins can win this game. To be honest the only advantage I give the Seahawks is their homefield advantage. I think their favored by 9 because the Skins are banged up.

Not to defend Seattle, but they can't do anything about their strength of schedule. They play who they play, they took on all comers, and they won 81.25% of the time, including 8-0 at home. They still play NFL football teams, and there is nothing to scoff at going 13-3.

I don't think it means a damn thing regarding the quality of the Seahawks, but it probably does mean something to the Redskins though. To win 10 games with the 2nd hardest schedule in the league is significant.

Archived