Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No wonder the seahawks had a great season

STaylorLayintheWOOD

Like I said in another thread:

2 wins against playoff teams.

-Indy sat their starters for 3+ quarters.

-Needed 3 missed game-winning FGs by the giants to secure win

In addition the Giants were a terrible road team. They lost all of their games on the road and had once less road game.

Against SF Portis was out of the game at halftime
Irrelevant. I'm looking at total yards and attempts. 101 yards on 19 attempts is what it is whether it is in a single half or a whole game.
Take away Alexanders one long run... and his stats in that game was pretty ordinary.
Ugh, I had hoped this was obvious but if you take away the longest run by any back in any game, their stats will always take a hit. Take away Portis' longest runs in the STL and ARI game and what does he have?

STL - 26 att, 89 yds, 3.42 avg

ARI - 25 att, 82 yds, 3.28 avg

Those are hardly the stats of a premiere running back. I'm not busting on Portis, I haven't seen enough of him to make any judgements. But don't discount Alexander's value by making excuses without applying that same filter to your guy.

Both of the missed FGs in overtime were short. I don't know about you, but I put a miss short in a different class than a miss wide.
No they weren't, and Feeley actually missed 3 in a row, one at regulation and 2 in OT.
Yes, I realize there were three FG attempts in a row. My statement was "both of the missed FGs in overtime were short, which they were.
The Giants had 3 chances to end the game with a W, before Seattle could get a chance.
Yep, that is true. It was very frustrating to watch the offense struggle as much as they did. Hey, I agree we were fortunate to win the game, but to claim the Giants "gave" us that game (and the Cowboy game) isn't true. They didn't roll over and quit.

Archived