Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The pressure is on the Seahawks

fuji869

This is not meant to be a smack talking tread. I have been talking through Seahawk Fans at work and there is more pressure on the Seahawks to win the the Redskins.

If the Redskins lose on Saturday we can say it was a great season, we won 5 in a row to make the playoffs after a 5-6 start, Joe Gibbs is in his second season back and we are headed in the right direction and can build off of this for 06.

But if the Seahawks lose it could be a tuff blow to the franchise. This is there third consecutive post season with out a win, they are the # 1 Seed in the and the will have to hear in the off season how they played a soft schedule and probably most important of all it could effect weather Shaun Alexander would want to come back or not.

I agree. The pressure is on us.

I think most of us in Seahawks land are expecting more or less to win, but we definitely are paranoid of a loss. I don't know how you can be a fan of this franchise for awhile and not be paranoid of losing the first playoff game.

But I think Saturday we finally break the 21-year curse.

I really doubt that's the attitude the 'skins team has. They have busted their asses all year long to get to this point. Nothing to lose? Are you kidding me? They are two games away from going to the Super Bowl and you say they have nothing to lose?

No question this is a huge game for the Seahawks. For the organization, the fans and the city. This is also what they have worked to achieve for an entire year. They have been facing the demons of seasons past all year long. They aren't going to cower in the face of pressure at this point. They have a job to do, and that is their focus, as it has been all year long. They'll be ready for the 'skins just as I'm sure that the 'skins will be ready for them. Isn't that what playoff football is all about?

One and done or win and move on.

I really doubt that's the attitude the 'skins team has. They have busted their asses all year long to get to this point. Nothing to lose? Are you kidding me? They are two games away from going to the Super Bowl and you say they have nothing to lose?

No question this is a huge game for the Seahawks. For the organization, the fans and the city. This is also what they have worked to achieve for an entire year. They have been facing the demons of seasons past all year long. They aren't cower in the face of pressure at this point. They have a job to do, and that is their focus, as it has been all year long. They'll be read for the 'skins just as I'm sure that the 'skins will be ready for them. Isn't that what playoff football is all about?

One and done or win and move on.

Absolutely right. He summed it up. Just because nobody in the media expected us to be here means that the 'skins have nothing to lose. How about working hard the entire season? It will be a great game.

Archived